1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rise of a Realm : Kingdom Builder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marshmalo, May 6, 2018.

1. ponasozis

ponasozis SOVIET Angry marine Brigand

ok so double spawn bug is getting seriously annoying now
    i got it
    TIMES IN A ROW
    what the shit
    it swear to god this map hates me and always makes me spawn inside another dudes base
  2. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

None of them seem to have anything that can cause crashes.
    Also, it seems that people spawning at the same location still happens.
  3. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Wow ok well that sounds complicated, I may just leave the Bandit spawns out the map, the game dosnt seem any worse for taking them about and some people just thought they were anoying. Thanks for having a look though.

I have two questions, what are your views on the "wait ingame" function which we talked about earlier? Woodenplank suggested people use that instead of the normal wait function but people at the Hive are saying the wait ingame cuases leaks?

Second question: Would you be interested in looking through LTF triggers and seeing if you can find and fix any potential game crashing bugs in the triggers? This wouldnt be right now, but maybe in afew weeks or so, if and when I restart work on that map. Its fine if your busy and can't do it, just an idea :-)

Something which I changed must have been causing the crashes, maybe spliting the income trigger into smaller triggers did it. But I also think it might be because I changed the captails to not require buildable, it seems there is a fatal crash bug in WC3 where if a building is replaced by another which also requires buildable pathing then the pathing gets screwed up and WC3 crashes.

Hmm well I cant understand it, the game uses the standard spawning trigger for start locations, its not custom made.
  4. somefaggot

somefaggot Map Maker

Wait default is innacurate, though this doesnt matter usually; wait Game-Time leaks a lot but is innaccurate, and on a map like LTA or LTF, percise timing is irrelevant. For very accurate timing, use a timer system.

As for LTF, I tried doing this previously but opening the map on my machine, editor independant, was impossible, which slowed down my attempt to work on it with wurstscript. I could try doing triggerwork for Kingdom Builder but unless the new patch fixed this for me, I dont think I can work with LTF.
  5. somefaggot

somefaggot Map Maker

Crash is almost certianly influenced by having so many chickens on the map AND having them pathing all the time as well with wander.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Hahay

Hahay

DialogBoxBug.jpg
    So i had a weird bug with that dialog box where the buttons simply disappeared. I was unable to do anything afterwards, besides selecting heroes via portraits. What happened is, immediately after i conquered a base, someone else on the other side of the map did so as well. I had the buttons available for brief moment, but it seems as soon as the other player conquered another base the buttons were removed, and i was forced to ALT+F4
  7. Sininu

Sininu Brigand

Maybe make it so houses count as income aswell? and decrease the size of it, that way you can fill out the empty space with houses so it looks more like a "city" and nerf the numbers of animals you can produce, which hopefully helps with the lag.

The necromancer is also still very, insanely strong, almost impossible to kill, especially since he can have a permanent anti-magic shield on himself, which to me seems a little broken.

I will agree that the path-ing of the animals might be a big influence on the lag, you could switch them out with villagers instead or somehow, stop them from wandering off.
  8. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Thanks thats what I thought, when I start working on LTF again I will purge the map of any wait-ingame functions!

Were you not able to open in using the new WC3 patch? Previous versions of LTF were only able to be opened using JassNewGen, maybe you were given an older version before SvnmS helped Wooden make it compatable.

Oh wow! Thats such a shame I liked the whole managing your chickens thing! It will be a shame to remove that.

Hve you ever played Kitty Run? That map has lots and lots of units with the wonder ability and it never crashes? Though admitadly ROAR has alot more complex stuff going on so maybe its the combination everything which made it unstable. Each player usualy has on average 50 chickens, so in total thats 550 units which wonder. I guess it does sound like alot when you count it up. :(

Would a trigger which gave the chickens wander for the first 60 seconds of their life reduce the chance of instability?
    Chickens 60s Wonder
    Events
    Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
    Conditions
    (Unit-type of (Trained unit)) Equal to (==) Chicken
    Actions
    Unit - Add Wander (Neutral) to (Trained unit)
    Wait 60.00 seconds
    Unit - Remove Wander (Neutral) from (Trained unit)

Unfortunatley the dialogue triggers can only handle one capital being destroyed at a time, my trigger skills dont cover fixing that. Maybe I need to get someone with advanced trigger knowledge into redesign it. Thankfully this bug is quire rare though, but thankyou for reporting it..

I don't really find building houses very fun though, keeping the livestock atleast means you have to keep them protected, and I may just remove the wander ability on them if I can't find another solution.
    It would be great if WC3 supported a 3rd resource then I might try adding farms/crops as a source of income but I need to strike the right balance between keeping it simple while still being different enough from the livestock system.

Other than the shield is there anything else which makes the necromancer strong? I can reduce the duration of his shield when cast on heroes, but his summons can be dispelled very easily.
  9. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

I don't think anyone was managing their livestock, a patrol or a follow order completely removes the issue if having to keep checking on them.
    I think it is safe to just remove the wander ability, you won't be removing a gameplay element.
    • This This x 1
  10. Sininu

Sininu Brigand

Someone told me that most people just click on "hold position" on the chickens so they don't wander off. I could "see" the fun in managing the chickens, but most people just put them all in a corner, build a wall around it and call it good day.

Is it the managing of that extra resource that is fun? or is it because chickens are a-dorable <3?

(I used to play SoTDRP back in the day, and loved managing the villagers, and putting 'transport on the houses, making sure to save as many as them when people attacked me, if that's the kinda managing you're talking about? transporting people safely from place to place. Could even flee to allied kingdoms for protection) :D

Also I'll try to hear from people who play necromancers a lot, and hear what makes them so strong, but the shield and the lifesteal were the ones I noticed were a little strong. :D (THAT SAID I LOVE YOUR MAPS MARSH! you're da' best :oops:)
    • This This x 1