1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rise of the Vampyr 1.7 Patch Notes

Discussion in 'Rise of the Vampyr & Evil Awakened' started by Marshmalo, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Captain Archer.JPG

RISE OF THE VAMPYR

The Mustering of Talabhiem

1.7 Patch Notes
    ETA: Sunday 11/10/2015

NEW CONTENT + BALANCE
    - New playable Faction: Talabhiem City Guard lead by the Archer Captain hero: Harald Kopeman with a range of new abilities. This player has been designed with both RTS and RP elements.
    - Teal player can type -info to check their tax and upgrade levels like everyone else.
    - The refugees will now flock to Talabhiem city and if they safey reach it walls they will hide there. Every 2 minutes player teal will receach tax income based on how many refugees he has claiming sanctuary within his walls. The Vampires may also slaughter these when they siege the city to damage teals income (this feature makes the refugees much more important).
    - Teal may harvest lumber using his villagers and trade this for gold to buy upgrades, armies or bolster his citys defenses. (This adds an element of resource managment to Teals gameplay)
    - Labourers brought by Teal will automaticaly attempt to Harvest nearby lumber.
    - Talabhiem city upgrades will only work if brought from the King, the cost has been increased from 150 to 300, they also cost lumber. If Teal attempts to upgrade via the Emissary he will get his gold refunded.
    - The King now has the Flare Ability.
    - The Archer Captain hero can Grant Rank and Standings to an allied Vampire Hunter.
    - If the Archer Captain dies he can be revived by his allies via the usual way.

GENERAL
    - Vampire Hunters increase food supply item has been removed and thier max army size is caped at 5. (Teal will be able to provide large armies).
    - Piercing damage does 10% more to large armour type.
    - Errand Boys movement speed has been greatly increased.
    - The Seekers Blade Archon spell uses a different model and now has a ranged attack as well as a new Archon form ability.
    - The Warrior Priests ultimate has changed from a Roar ability to Ressution this still summons reincforcements from Talabhiem.
    - Vampire Hunters can buy and sell Lumber at the local Goods Vendor.
    - There are some small changes which may not have bene included in this list.
    - When a Hunter turns into a Vampire all surviving hunters gain +5 standing and 500 gold to help balance it out.
    - Knights now have some team colour.
    - Healers Sanctuary spell now also increases mana regeneration.
    - The damage of Vampire hunters later level hero abilities has been increased.
    - Colision size of most troops has been decreased.
    - All Talabhiem soldiers and troops are now as powerful as the hired variants (this has buffed them).
    - Most AOE hero spells now also damage tentacles and wards.
    - Riflemans Bash or ensnare ability no longer works on enemy heroes.
    - Armour granted per hero agility point has been removed but strength hp bonus has been increased slightly (this stops agility heroes becoming huge tanks).
    - The Warrior Priests Smite ability has been redone and now deals more damage.
    - Some of the Summoned Creeps have bene made alot harder.
    - The Priestess has the White Shoulderpads attachment that she had in Zombie Rising.

VAMPIRES
    - Feasters and Blood Knights now also turn to dust when day breaks.
    - Minions now have +100 mana stores.
    - Skeletal Archers can be evolved to Summoners, these can be used to summon Skeletal Warriors and can be useful when your lacking Vampire Minions. Riased Skeletons are faster and stronger than Zombies but can only be raised once, they also degrade faster during the day and can not be healed by the Vampire Minions Bind spell.
    - Summoners can also summon corpses for you to raise.
    - Summoned Skeletons can be evolved into a more powerful variant: Grave Guards.
    - Time taken to travel to underworld on the Altar Summon spell has been reduced.
    - The Varghiests raise skeletal archer spell CD has been increased from 1 second to 3.
    - The Vampire Lords presence within the Old Church will awaken the nearby dead.
    - Varghiests and Monstrosities no longer require Nightfal.
    - The Vampire Lord can reward his allied minions by granting them a level and gold. 10 minute cooldown.
    - Converted Vampire Minions can not backstab the Vampire Lord by attacking the Altar of Power.
    - Vampire Minion heroes have all had their HP increased.
    - XP gained from killing Rot Pustules have been decreased.
    - Empowered versions of the Vampires Dark staff of corpses and the Black stone are available in the underworld shops.
    - CD of Blink spell on Vampire Wife has been increased from 4 to 15 seconds.
    - Monstrosities and Vargheists can now be evolved during daytime.
    - Varghiests feedback effect has been halved when used against heroes.
    - The Vampire Lord has a new support building: This building can issue evolution commands designed to reduce the amount of repetive orders the Vampire Lord player has to do. Currently this can: 1) Issue auto evolve, 2) Evolve all units, 3) Purge army of lesser minions.

ITEMS
    - Tentacles no longer drop items.
    - Chance to drop an item from creeps has been reduced by 20%
    - There is a very small chance random creeps will drop a level 4 item.
    - Monks now sell Potions of Rejuvination.
    - The Scholar now also sells Gems of Power.
    - Most level 3-5 items have been rebalanced based on Illusioners suggestions: http://www.brigandshaven.net/threads/rise-of-the-vampyr-1-3-patch-notes.2425/page-4

BUGS

- Village help requests will only sound if the Village bastion is still alive.
    - Bugged Runes of Shock item ahs been removed.
    - Rare items drops list was incomplete.
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Spampolice

Spampolice The Whispering God Shaman

make your damn mind up is this warhammer or isnt it im tearing my hair in agony contemplating this issue damnit ALSO IS IT NAMED RISE OF THE VAMPYR, VAMPIRE, OR VAMPIR? AAAA THIS INDECISION IS MAKING MY LIFE HARDER THAN IT EVER HAS BEEN WHY DO YOU DO THIS

also ps teal looks fukn smashin hen how about you add some minor base-building-esque stuff for heroes in the sense of minor camps and the likes, purerly to add.. well. dynamic base-building n' shit. 10/10.
    • This This x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Kolladan

Kolladan Ambassador of the Poor Legion

Vampire now doomed to painful death because teal can bring the most Large army and siege poor vampire so he wont gain lvlup and gold (and Vampire most effective hunter Blood Knights are not more useful...) (and thanks to convert 250lumber=250gold teal can equip his hero with Legendary item on the first minutes) (bug with werewolf still not fixed?)

(Also teal can use Summon prism to move.. THE KING! Yeap it works on the king!)
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  4. ilusioner

ilusioner Cause things shall proceed as foreseen Map Maker

I can see that you haven't found a way to deal with teal helping VH creeping in the game making them all powerful. (Unless you did, but haven't mentioned it)

What about giving every creep (Only if the owner is the creature player) in the game an additional ability, that when hits teal-owned unit that is not hero, it deals 100 more damage? Meh, even that is not much, the VH will just provide the tank units while teal will tear creeps with his ranged squad. This is quite problematic. However may help a little.

The other option would be to make vampire spy abilities stronger, to give farsee MUCH shorter cooldown - thus allowing him to spy on what's teal doing. Then if he's pulling armies from a X village to help creeping, vampire will go to that village and attack it and use the lack of teal's forces for his advantage. Or giving vampire a viable spy unit that is resistant to sunlight's damage. (Still teal could pull units from main city, and sieging main city in 1st mintues of the game is a pointless effort for vampire)

I believe those two options combined together may weaken the creeping with teal a lot. Right now teal removes ANY unique from fighting agains bosses, as they are all easy to kill with teal.

Others than that looking forward to seeing how the new vampire units work, nice work.
  5. Marshmalo

lol the name is Rise of the Vampyr but everythings called Vampire in game.

Actually rushing the vamp with all teals units has proved to be suicide for teal, and moving his forces away from his villages will just make them really easy to siege, making the vamp more powerful. Whats the bug with werewolf?

Dammn I didnt know about the king bug, well I may need to do a bug fix ver for this.

I mentioned I have buffed the difficulty f the summoned creep but I didnt say I had also given them so power AOE abilities meaning they wil be better at killing off large armies.
  6. Cynicaldoubt

Cynicaldoubt Beekeeper Extraordinaire Brigand Donator Legend

I feel like the Vampire and its minions may be due a fairly large buff in order to deal with the overwhelming force arrayed against them.. That's a lot of players versus only one player who is supposed to manage a zombie army (which is really awkward, would really like to see a triggered unit - Zombie Banner man - who could issue orders en masse to all units within a certain range to move towards or attack a certain area.

The capitol city also feels kinda small, I know it's a bit late to be expanding anything (and I suppose this is supposed to be a 'wrecked' country, but if there was any way you could expand it to make it a bit more life like and interesting then that would be nice.

I also think there's great potential in adding a secondary entrance to the city through a 'sewers' entrance, having some sort of instance interior that the Vampire could use to send forces covertly into the city to attack.. Having undead forces there at game start would also give the City Guards an early objective to clear them off the undead lest their appear later in the game and overwhelm them when the city is under attack from the outside.. Just an idea, but seriously, medieval zombie sewers needs to happen.

On another note, the north eastern area of the map (the snowy place and coast) is extremely empty and could do with some creeps, a vendor, or something vaguely interesting.
  7. Marshmalo

Yes its alot of players vs one army, I havnt had a chance to test out the new ver in multiplayer yet but I think (hope) he should be ok, in many ways the vampire was buffed. The most notable buff being the option to now get skeletal summoners which can also create corpses, potentially red player has unlimited supply of undead troops to over whelm the villages.

About the Zombie controller idea, well as mentione din the patch notes there is now a Undead Swarm mind building int he underworld. This can be used to issue mass upgrade orders or automatic upgrading for certain zombies. This helps red manage his armies but yes it could be taken further with allowing him to issue mass move orders, I woud need SvnmS help for this though. I know he designed a mass unit order system before so if hes interested hopefully i can get him to help :-)

Your right we could do with more creeps north east.

But as for expanding the map, although its something I would love to do we at that anoying stage now where the 8mb limit really becomes a problem. So some shifting of imports may be nessesary to keep this map updated.
    Thanks for feedback Cynical!
  8. Cynicaldoubt

Cynicaldoubt Beekeeper Extraordinaire Brigand Donator Legend

I noticed the en masse unit upgrading which is nice, but it's still awkward to have to drag about 10 boxes around 200 zombies and a click on the capitol to get them to go there. So hoprfully @SvnmS can help you with that.
    The unlimited Zombie corpses are nice, perhaps you could have some sort of Vampire's calling event where the Vampire can go around different graveyards outside villages and raise the dead there to assault the living. It would be a nice little boost at start to get the undead horde going. A unique demi hero from each would be nice too. Again, just ideas. Reminds me of one of the original RoC Scourge missions where Arthas was covertly moving between graveyards raising the dead in order to assault a town.. T'was fun.
  9. Kolladan

Kolladan Ambassador of the Poor Legion

Vampire on the first lvls is weak, and teal soldiers have at least 1k hp and i told that he wont rush vampire to his castle, just siege around the castle (no gargolyes) (and he can summon easily many soldiers without losing the gold, thanks to king)
    Werewolf can be on the day! Also i have noticed that dg had.... 2 heroes! Wolf and man!
  10. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Yes I can help, I'm just sad I already deleted the map with mass controlling :(, I have to do everything from scratch, but it shouldn't take long !