1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RotV 3.82 - Small Update

Discussion in 'Rise of the Vampyr' started by Marshmalo, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Rise of the Vampyr has had a small update, patch notes:
    (Unfortunately this is only available on ENT hosting, previous old versions have been removed from MMH as they are outdated.)

LINK: https://www.epicwar.com/maps/268748/

GENERAL

- Werewolf has +500hp in both forms
    - Werewolf's Druidic stone has +5000 hp to avoid aims.
    - White Werewolves have increased regeneration.
    - Wife's impale deals increased damage and stun time to non hero units.
    - Warrior Priest has new model.
    - King Of Talabhiem has a new model.

- If Vampire dies on last night he no longer revives even if he hasn't used up his first life yet, this gives Hunters a chance to kill him on final night.

- The game will automatically attempt to balance itself based on certain conditions and within limitations. At the start of each day and night the game will asses how well the Vampire Lord is doing and may award a bonus if he is doing particularly badly. For example, if the first night ends and Vampire has failed to kill any villages or convert any Hunters to evil he will gain a bonus.

- Humans can not longer build guard towers on choke points into town, not only did this look bad its also unfair as the defending player could constantly repair the tower and permanently block of the Vampires entrance.
    • Like Like x 10
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  2. ilusioner

ilusioner Cause things shall proceed as foreseen Map Maker

You should consider implementing a system that would increase Teal's food limit when his allies (Vampire Hunters) are turning into enemies. Being stuck alone vs 5 and having 100 food limit does not allow the player to defend himself properly.

Rather than give bonus levels and experience (Upon VHs turning into vampires), the teal's army should be either empowered or the food limit increased. I'd also consider giving teal some real answer to catapults, as without the Vampire Hunters to help him, he has no real counter to them. (Windwalk-ed archers dies in seconds before they do their job).

Perhaps the best way would be to create a new unit type(s) for teal should he lose 'X' Vampire Hunters to the Vampire team. They would be able to provide aid to king when his defenders turned against him.

I'd also suggest changing werewolf into something more... Army-ish. Right now, atleast for me, he feels like another Vampire Hunter, which can decide who to join. He simply cannot create something that would really stand for an army. Even when he does, it takes ages to create a new one should the first one be destroyed, as his army-creating kit is simply not good for it.

Else than that good job, keep the good work up.
    • This This x 4
  3. Marshmalo

Hey Ili, haven't seen you around for awhile glad your back!
    Teal food limit does sound like a good idea yes, I'd rather do that than buff their units. Now we have a limited auto balancing system i might also edit it so it can give teal periodic buffs if vampires are doing really well.

You make a good point about the catapaults, i think maybe i should edit or replace the riflemen with a unit able to get to the back lines and cause damage, like an assassin type unit. While making the elite ranger female archers for anti air as currently they don't really serve a purpose.

In 3.80 the werewolf was given a new elite unit, the White Werewolf, just like you say these make it so much easier for ww to build up an army, they are able to summon permanent werewolves from corpses, and don't turn human in daylight. So you can build your army up even during the day. I don't want ww to have huge armies the size of undeads, but they should be a smaller, elite force.

There is definitely more than needs to be done, but this was just a small patch mainly to test out the auto balancer triggers.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. ilusioner

ilusioner Cause things shall proceed as foreseen Map Maker

Right now riflemans are the ultimate ranged unit, their spellkit and stats is simply superior to any other unit. Right now making units for teal is more of a "create the best unit avalaible". As in why make footman when you can make knights, why make archers when you can make riflemans. You simply create the best units until they run out of stacks, then you will want to create the weak ones, but due to your food limit, you always want the strongest ones in your rooster.

It's very much different to vampire's army, where all units start weak, and can be upgraded - which gives all some units purpose... while others... not so much (Aka what's the difference in role for skeletons and zombies?)

You should consider giving every unit a role and perhaps adding some caster-like units to teal could work? (Just for Gods sake, don't give them priest-heal ability, just no)

There's also this thing with spell power in this game. For both sides it's rather irritating, when vampire just runs into your backlines, presses 'W' and all of the units are either dead or on 10% HP. Same goes for wizard's lightning chain, where he's able to bring whole vampire's air squad down with just two chain lightnings. I believe the damage all of spells do, should be reduced. Same goes with heals :|
    • This This x 1
  5. Marshmalo

I agree completely that teals units are boring and will definitely give the Female archer and riflemen a dedicated role next version based off your advice :-)

As for skeletons and zombies, well there isn't much difference, I mainly added them in so vamps army's weren't all just zombies and for visual variation.

Regarding spell power, well on paper the mages chained lighting sounds op but bear in mind the vamps gargoyle units cost just 100g and he gains 1000 gold at the start of every night, obviously this doesn't include gold from other sources but you get my point that even his elite units are not expensive. And it takes 1 second to upgrade another Garg, the vamp also has anti magic shell, which puts a spanner in the works for the mage character

A vampire hunter needs to have a lot of crowd control in order to actually be effective against the vampire.

Regarding the automatic balance added in this patch, I actually think it worked quite well in my last game. I played vamp wife and my husband was a noob, I was able to teach him and thanks to the auto balance we received bonuses which helped balance out the fact he was so noob. In the end we won with 22 seconds remaining :-)
  6. Excalibur

Excalibur

[​IMG]
    What is this ghost?
    Who can tell me?
  7. ImSoDamnedLaz

ImSoDamnedLaz Communism wasn't THAT bad.

I recently played a round as vampire...and i was dominating. Then...i realized how unkillable humans were. It was easier to take down werewolves so i took the time to do that. That wizard guy man...some scary stuff. I tried to spam enti magic but the cooldown on it is soooo long forcing me to click around on my army ( which its hard to find a unit in the midst of a battle ) to get a spell shield or two on more units. Most of my forces get aoe bombed and hero killing feels aggravating. Im alright with a bunch of heals, but you really went overboard with the invulnerability didnt you? I spend a while using cripple on a hero, maybe even curse if im feeling great. But something will stand in my way, be it heals, invul, blink, stuns, or even magic shield. And whats the meaning of this, you can make king invis?!

Oh and i revived on the final night... I'm pretty sure it was on this version too.
  8. Marshmalo

Another small update: 3.83

This dosnt include any new content and just addresses some issues with the Vampyrs power late game, this improves the Lord and his Wife's power late game by allowing him to compete with a stacked vampire hunters team and also allowing the auto balancing triggers have more affect. This should prevent games that end in a boring stalemate where hunters become so powerful late game that vamp can't compete.

The new content and rework on the hired units will have to wait until I have more time.

- King has +5000hp and +5 armor but his divine shield lasts alot less time.

- Vampire Counts Carrion Swarm spell has been buffed.

- Vampire Lord and Vampire Wifes abilities have +3 levels, meaning at higher levels they are more powerful.

- Hero Maximum level increased from 20 to 30.

- As the game progresses the vampires caster minions gain increased mana pools and mana regen, allowing them to summon more undeads before running out of mana.

- The auto balancing bonuses for an under performing Vampire Lord have been increased.

- Altar of Power and Zombie controller in the Vampires Lair has increased HP.

- Hunters bold enough to trigger traps within the Vampires castle or enter the Underworld will also be giving the vampires a one off xp bonus.

- Vampire lord now correctly dies on last night if he is killed (does not come back even if first life hasnt been used yet)

- Aura which protects king from early game aims has been buffed.

- HP of bosses has bene increased so they cnat be rushed so easily.

- The rangers dog now carries a lore item which helps explain some of the rangers backstory.
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Kolladan

Kolladan Ambassador of the Poor Legion

I dont know what the purpose of the Werewolf except only to become someone's slave (Vampire/Talabhiem) there is absolutely nothing in staying completely neutral.
    (And what Terrogheist bones are supposed to do? :D)