1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ROTV Patch Notes 3.91

Discussion in 'Rise of the Vampyr & Evil Awakened' started by Marshmalo, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

RISE OF THE VAMPYR 3.91
    Link to new Version: https://www.epicwar.com/maps/280872/

ward-lindhout-village-windmill-concept.jpg
    Art Credit: "Execution by Windmill" by Ward Lindhout

NOTE: Its been over a year since this map was updated so I'm happy to announce a big content patch! As there's a lot of new stuff please give feedback regarding to balance as some stats and spells may need adjusting.
    Map is available on MMH.

NEW CONTENT

- After the second day, The Vampyr Lord can raise the bones of a long dead Dragon into a mighty and terrifying Zombie Dragon to serve him. His wife may also summon the dragon but the Vampyr Lord will always have control.
    - Teal (City Guard) Has a new hero to chose from: The Engineers Guildmaster (Very similiar to the same hero from Zombie Rising).
    - Musketeers Hired from Bastions have now been replaced with Elite Engineers, who have Windwalk, Stuning Shots, Flare, Ensnare and can place Land Mines.
    - Armored War Bears can be brought from Bastions, they are extremely powerful tanks but limited in number and availability.
    - Map has been expanded to the west with the new cursed forest of Wychwood and Wychwood Mill.
    - The "Ghost of Mystmarsh" boss has been moved from the Marshes to Wychwood Mill.
    - The Marsh encounter now summons a Revenant Lord.
    - There is now a new Spider Queen Boss summon within the Wychwood spider forest.
    - The Priestess has been buffed, now has the same abilities as in Zombie Rising map, when she turns into a Vampyr she has the new summon Arachnid ability and will turn invisible during the night.

GRAPHICS

- Game now uses improved HD tileset textures to improve the terrain.
    - Starting cinematic has been changed.
    - Some heroes have 2D picture portraits (Work in progress)
    - Many new skins and icons.
    - The Seeker has a new model.

Wychwood Mill and new HD terrain textures:
    ROTV Wychwood Mill.jpg

GENERAL BALANCE

- Human Vampyr Slayers and villagers now have reduced sight during the night, but extended sight during the day.
    - Sending the Ancient Grove into Hibernation can be used defensively as it now makes the Druidic Stone invulnerable for 1 minute, but the werewolf will not be able to awaken the Grove until 2 minutes time.
    - The Bridge at Highpeak Village has been widened and the area increased in size to reduce chokepoint.
    - Raising Zombies and Skeletons now has a longer CD.
    - Raising Werewolves through the White Werewolf or Feral infection now has increased CD
    - Polar Bears have been buffed.
    - Vampyr Wifes max summoned unit limited are now the same as the Vampyr Lords.
    - Units summoned by the Horn of Talabhiem has been reduced from 10 to 8.
    - Damage dealt to heroes from spells has been increased by 20%, from 40% to 60%
    - Rangers Animal Companion has +10 dmg.
    - Talabhiem Archers have limited Fire Arrows.
    - Mana cost of all hero abilities at higher levels has been increased.
    - Elite Archers have been removed from the Bastion as they currently serve no tacical purpose.
    - Duration of Anti-magic shell has been reduced.
    - Cursed men creeps and mindless Zombies no longer auto convert to Vampires control when he comes near, meaning he has more creeps to kill for XP.
    - Reduced damage from Wizard and Priestess Blizzard type AOE spell.

BUGS

- Fixed bug where Skeletal Warrior count was not limiting summons.
    - Duration bug on Witches spiders has been fixed.
    - Knights now display Team color.
    - The Kings Icon has been fixed.
    - Fixed the vampire bite icon in disabled mode.
    - Priestesses Blizzard spell no longer damages friendly units.
    • Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane

One of the biggest issue I found on this map, was the brown ranger being able to take down any evil hero
    Not why I don't see any nerfs on her, but the rest is great !
  3. Thebig061

Thebig061 Assasin

FINALY
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Marshmalo

Really? She seemed like one of the weakest heroes to me, she has net but nothing about her spellset seems very OP to me. If it was one of the converted evil heroes then that might be because theyve always been kinda weak compared to the Vamp Lord and his wife.
  5. Excalibur

Excalibur

I'm glad to see the update.
  6. Excalibur

Excalibur

Maybe Priestess is too weak?
    Priestess's W skill is only 900 damage, but Zanzabir's W has two thousand damage.
    This is almost the same skill.
    Priestess' R and Q skill damage is very low.
    Oh, it should be said that Priestess needs strengthening now.

BUG:Zanzabir's two "T" skill shortcuts conflict.
  7. Thebig061

Thebig061 Assasin

This is awesome.Anyway aperently mage can raise the dragon for the vampire btw mage was alive and not serving the vampire.Not sure if a bug or intended.
  8. ZeroFlotsie

ZeroFlotsie Lord of Hate Shaman Legendary Donator

I think that the critical strike item might have to be removed. Just lost a game in which that was the only notable item the vampire had, he was dealing way too much damage.
  9. Arlt

Arlt Brigand Legend

Like 900-1300 dmg.
  10. Marshmalo

Well Illusioner has just proven he can still wreck us, atleast I think it was him, he was under an alias but no one else plays vampyr lord like that...

I agree the priestess could do with a buff, but her R skill deals the same damage as the witches starfall.

thx for bug on zanzabir :-)

Not intended but was kinda funny so maybe leave it in? :D

I dont think it was his critical strike, he got my hero down to 25% instantly from the AOE damage spell, not sure what it was but my hp just melted around him. No idea how you managed to stay alive so long lol

But remember thats not a typical game, most people cant play vamp lord like that, ive had 3 games of 3.91 and they seemed fairly well balanced.

Its very hard to balance map around pro vamp players.