1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should LTF be released unprotected?

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Foremath' started by Marshmalo, Jul 2, 2018.

?

Should LTF be released unprotected?

Poll closed Today at 12:26.
  1. Yes

37.9%
  2. No

62.1%
  1. Nalesean

Nalesean Communism has never been tried Brigand Donator Legend

Ratings:
    +1,336 / 9 / -29
    Well I suppose how much you care for the maps ”legacy”. Releasing will create copies, some poor some good hopefully as you said.

If you want to be able to head back to an untarnished map every now and then and revel in your creation then dont. There are upsides to this as well, people have mentioned it in the thread allready.

To be honest I have a bleak outlook on the future of these largescale maps, since the latest patches havent exactly made things easier. Seems unlikely that anything but melee will be patched in the future. Maybe we should be looking for new plattforms for sandbox editing if Thats what we want.
    • This This x 3
  2. ponasozis

ponasozis SOVIET Angry marine Brigand

Ratings:
    +1,391 / 17 / -86
    Tbh just wait for that guy who made newjass editor to finish making his new editor with blizzard
  3. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +632 / 14 / -51
    What other platforms are there?

Some of the great mods like Pudge Wars are still going thanks to Dota 2 mods but I don't think big scale maps are possible in it. Not too sure about Starcraft but I know some guy wanted to Remaster Warcraft in Starcraft to be HD but that failed badly. I don't think a hero focused large scale map can fit in Starcraft either. I guess you could possible make something similar in an editor like unity but that would take forever and pretty much impossible assuming Blizzard does not get mad at you.

My best guess would be Total War and there is already some awesome Warcraft 3 Mods in Total War but I don't think that's really possible either really and Total War publishers despise Mods no less than Blizzard. Warcraft 3 holds a terrible future for mods as well, specially large scale ones as I don't think the 2-3 people working on Warcraft 3 part time have the time/skill/care to bother optimizing the editor the engine for Mods and just can barely keep melee going.
  4. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +191 / 7 / -20
    Maybe the Classic team (they had a few people from Hive join them since the last patch) in Blizzard makes some amazing ground-mending (hah u thought I would say ground-breaking! HAH they did too much breaking, now is time for mending :] ) patch that makes Wc3 so awsum and editing in it awesome and easier then everr.
    If this does happen lol then you might regret leaving it open for everyone since you'll want to continue the roots version.
    • What? What? x 1
  5. Empress Azshara

Empress Azshara Spampolice's Lil Gracia Brigand

Ratings:
    +717 / 68 / -124
    if i become editor map will be equiped with peper spray and electro shot for self protection
    • This This x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Nalesean

Nalesean Communism has never been tried Brigand Donator Legend

Ratings:
    +1,336 / 9 / -29
    Dota 2 seems like a natural alternative in my world. I dont see why large scale maps wouldnt work, maybe someone needs to make some rogue adaptations.

I have no solutions here, was just reflecting really.
  7. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +191 / 7 / -20
    I found this among stuff mentioned for the new 1.30 PTR version of Wc3 patch:
    "...
    Added World Editor support for vJass with JassHelper.
    ..."
    Is this of any significance for the maps hosted here on these forums?
  8. Ske

Ske UoS Spy

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -4
    Remember that we are all here today because Blizzard once chose to release their game unprotected. :-)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +632 / 14 / -51
    That was before their merger with activision. Before the dark times...

I kinda take some of the stuff back regarding WC3 is dead/abandoned and all. It is in the west but these guys in China are kicking it hard. Been using it for some time but the platform @Wipe away the time has created is truly amazing and matches are hosted quite often here. far more than MMH/ENT.
  10. Wipe away the time

Wipe away the time

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I think I need to change my name,a little long.o_O

Actually,we have two matches next Wednesday afternoon.The total bonus is 1,200 yuan.Hmm, and the last matches were about two months ago.
    • Like Like x 1