1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Siege of Quel'Thalas 5.2 released!

Discussion in 'Siege of Quel'Thalas' started by Draxy, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Draxy

Draxy Map Maker

Along with all the changes mentioned here I changed a few unit/hero abilities and tweaked ones that were already there but it makes no sense to put them all out, just play the game if you wish to know them. But, here is the new Lich:
    -Added etheral form of Kel'Thuzad to be obtained once all 3 power generators are down instead of lore-lol Lich reborn before Sunwell is captured. He has 4 abilities (frost nova, wise council, raise dead(raises skeletal mages with frost attack that heal around). Ultimate is passive, AOE aura with AOE of 1300. Reduces enemy's AS by 15%, AD by 10% and MS by 5%. As well as 2 extra abilities being midnight aura(mana regen) and bind corpses (aoe channel heal). He is not revivable.
    As well as:
    -Removed 2 spells from Alleria(that searing arrow and replaced ultimate with multishot to add diversity since the spells were more or less a copy of vereesa's W and R). Added Arcane shot to sylvanas. Added Burning Sun Dance to Sylvanas instead of another Starfall copy (since Vereesa already has one).
    -Added range increase to certain hero abilities (Arcane arrows, multishot, arcane shot) once the elven arrows upgrade is researched to match it with hero's attack range.
    -Swapped Anaesterian's Q and E spells.

Please note that I didn't touch Dark Rangers which might result in some things being OP (I don't know which but I didn't look into them so, yeah...). I buffed the trolls (and their surroundings) that carry legendary items greatly. Now, there are more ways of early game being developed but everyone rushing for the items.

If you have a comment, found a bug, have a suggestion or just want to discuss something, do it in this thread.

Also, I need suggestions for 2 items for Scourge and maybe some ability/abilities for Nerubian Stalker (the one that gets hatched from the egg since there isn't really a difference between normal nerubians and this ones).
    It would be good if someone can upload this on MMH. I already uploaded it on ENT and Epicwar.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  2. Hawk

Hawk The Old Lion Map Maker

Like what you doing with the map, I will definitely test the map out tomorrow with some clan members. ^_^
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Draxy

Draxy Map Maker

Make sure to let me know about their comments, and yours, about the map!
  4. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Oh I just went to host this but its not on MMH yet :(
  5. Draxy

Draxy Map Maker

I do not have original W3 so I can not upload it on MMH. Could you do it, please?
  6. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

7. jack07tr

jack07tr Guest

Well my feedback is undead has way too easier time this version.We have faced wrath of anub rekhan and his aoes.
    • This This x 1
  8. Hawk

Hawk The Old Lion Map Maker

We have no aoes at all... Plus I think my cloud isn't affecting meat wagons? Can you check that? And I hardly have any heals, I was playing blue against purple. And purple can just full heal his units with his dark rune. Not only that rangers lost their windwalk, I mean cmon... :p
  9. Draxy

Draxy Map Maker

But I didn't touch his AOEs... How can you have a hard time with that? You can dispel his ultimate, you can sidestep the flamestrike and the only thing is impale which you can't really dodge. E is void form which is more or less an escape ability and that is it...
    Can you elaborate on this, please? Like, seriously, dispel wins you the fight anytime.
    The wrath you should have faced is Noth's.

Am I stupid or did cloud never affected catapults? Why would it? Yes, it renders the spell a bit useless unless you are attacking a forward base or the main one... I should maybe tweak that, but then the lasting time would go down.
    Rangers having windwalk is irrelevant(Alleria still has it). However, I am stupid, yes. I should have nerfed that stupid rune long time ago (or at least increase the cooldown so you need to time the heal correctly) but I was also taking into consideration advices that Elves would be too strong.
    Yes, Sylvanas is the only ranger that doesn't have an escape ability and I could remove the frost arrows and add some escape ability, but what should it be? Another blink? Another wind walk?
    I do agree that blue doesn't have heals quick enough (in form of priests that is) and therefore can be rushed ruthlessly by purple but that is why yellow is here.
    You have to understand that Scourge should advance over time. You have to understand that attacker has one less player...
    The solution I see here is that I change Summon Silvermoon Archers (from Sylvanas) to some spell which would summon some healers or heal... But yellow is here to do that so I think best would be to nerf the dark rune or increase the cooldown of it.
    Also, the reason blue is having it the hardest is because it is really hard to dodge Noth's spells (except for ultimate) which is really punishing if you do not react quickly and you can get zerged easily if you don't have dispels. Therefore, either ask yellow's assistance or let go off the base and fortify on the 2nd gate or something.

-Dark Rune's cooldown increased from 20 to 30 seconds.

Can you provide feedback to what I've said, please? Can you also link others that played that game so I can hear their comment, too?
    @Hawk
    @jack07tr
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  10. jack07tr

jack07tr Guest

Hmm I didnt react fast enough since like 0.5-1 second was enough to do massive damage to archers and combined with stun made them useless but feed.Ultimate is dispelable now? Pretty sure it wasn't in 5.2.Time is simply too long for an invasion game in this even if you hold first lines 30-40 mins but they break you still lose.They start with 1 less player yes but it doesn't change the fact they can have dark rangers.All I faced was an avarage micro for hero and net spam on rangers it's so annoying when net combined with another hero net and anub's stun.I'd give invul from scroll exchange nerf dat.You didnt touch ud team yes but nerfed high elves that's why ud has easier time.

EDIT:Nevermind I confused tentacles with spider summons 2muchlta
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2015