1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Siege of Quel'Thalas 5.2b

Discussion in 'Siege of Quel'Thalas' started by Draxy, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Draxy

Draxy Map Maker

Minor stuff, really. For 5.3 I suppose I'll deal with the dark rangers since they are a complete mess currently. Among other things...
    CHANGELOG:
    Fixed shield on shield generators
    Fixed some tooltips
    Increased CD on Silvermoon Archers(Sylvanas' ability) from 60 to 75.

Epicwar: https://www.epicwar.com/maps/264065/

I've suggested it on MMH and uploaded it to ENT.
    • Like Like x 6
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  2. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Creator of L:TA

A small patch but nice work anyway Draxy :-)
  3. Draxy

Draxy Map Maker

I did it mainly because of the game tomorrow. Check the PM, btw.
  4. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Creator of L:TA

I hope you don't mind Draxxy but I couldnt see anything private in your message so I'm posting it here incase anyone is interested in SOQ development.

- You could add a compensation system so if Yellow loses an ally he gets some gold as a reward or you could even add an upgrade that increases hp of his units everytime a ranger dies, helping him mount a defense.

- I didnt know there way a delay not sure how to get rid of that sorry.

- If you want to add specific units to factions to add uniqueness thats great, you could give each player 4 elites like in LTA. But youd need to do this for all factions to make it fair so there would be alot of work involved, it depends how much time you have this is up to you.

- Removing LR is fine.
  5. Forsaken

Forsaken Inactive Map Maker

Well, It was the first time I tested 5.2 version, and I have some things to say. It has some really good things in this versions, like some improvement in the itens and tooltips. (Just don't liked that removed the runes, it was the most nice item, but I agree is was OP :D ). It's really annoying that they did not increase the armor, the rangers can be easily killed with the help of the web item, later was fine because the rangers had more armor, but now it seems to much OP, imo. For now I just tested with Sylvanas, and I kind don't liked the changes of spell as well, the aiming spell (doesn't have disable button) it may be ok, but the other was better. And her ultra is really bad, it can deal damage, but yet the effect is terrible in game. But overall, good job.

Btw, maybe to fix the problem with yellow, King Anasterian could be melee hero, since he had his sword. He would be better in battle.
  6. Bram51warcraft

Bram51warcraft Lore Nerd Brigand Map Maker

@Draxy
    is this the latest editor of siege of quel'thalas.

I got some bugs for ya , workers that spawn on gold mines.
    Are different from normale workers .

they got an entire different tech line. meaning they can't build all your buildings and the ones they can build have double the upgrade.
    on a side note , I love you finaly removed those hidden regain your will items , they are anyoing a fuck.

Do , from what I played , it seems that even spamming melee units seems prety useless .
    Now the air spams seems the only real way to overcome the elvish defenders.

and even then.

The items seem boring as most seem passive now.
    • This This x 1
  7. Draxy

Draxy Map Maker

I've implemented Q so blue has a chance to stop some of Noth's spells mid cast and it's a 1 second cast. Why should it have disable spell, lol? It has the same cast range as her autoattack.
    Lololo, I really like the look of her ultimate spell. Oh, well, what should I use instead? Hmmmmmmmmm
    How would him being a melee hero solve a problem of a ranger dying? :D
    It's a nice suggestion, I could add his sword into inventory much like Arthas has Frostmourne. But, I'm not sure.

Workers... RIP.
    Spamming any unit is pretty useless. Air spam is not the only way, lol. There are so many ways you can overcome Elves...
    Well, there is a place for one more item on both sides. Which active item should I implement?
  8. Bram51warcraft

Bram51warcraft Lore Nerd Brigand Map Maker

I said units.

I spam Necromancers , abomenations , meatwagons , ghouls and skeleton archers
  9. Draxy

Draxy Map Maker

Necromancer is not a melee unit. It is not redundant to make abominations, meatwagons or archers.
    I am still thinking of buffing ghouls, or maybe reduce the cost so they could feel a bit zergy. But that would cause unit lag so I guess I'll just buff the MS and AD/AS.

Concerning the High Elf workers, I've just checked the trigger and object editor and they seem fine. Just now, I've tested blue, and they are fine. All of them have the same trigger so it seems fine. How did you conclude the ones that spawn and the ones you have are not the same?

I did find a bug concerning autospawn acolytes, though. But that is for red only.
    60 seconds seems a little too much, so I've halved it -- concerning the shield on shield generator.

I don't think there is a need to put 5.3c though. Red simply won't use those automine workers (not that anyone does anyway) and well, 60 seconds instead of 30 is meh...