1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Siege of Quel'Thalas Update 5.4

Discussion in 'Siege of Quel'Thalas' started by Marshmalo, May 19, 2018.

1. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Siege of Quel'Thalas 5.4
    Patch Notes

SUMMARY: This game hasnt been updated in a long time but I've seen it hosted afew times so thought Id atleast try and fix some of its issues. Previously the game was heavily tiped in favor of the Elves, and the game was decided by whoever could hero aim the most. This usually resulted in Undead quickly losing against the superior aim ability of the Elves, or all the Elven rangers dying and poor Anastarian having to fight alone.

This patch aims to make the game less about hero aiming and refocuses the strengths and weakneses of both sides. Undead should be fairly slow but tanky, while the elves are frail but reliant on their magic, archery and defenses to slow down the assault. There is also some new content as expected.

SOQ SCREEN1.jpg

GENERAL CHANGES
    - Spells deal 15% less damage to heroes.
    - Spell damage against summoned unit armor type is no longer so extreme and more ressembles the 300% we see in LTA/LTF.
    - Fixed some bugged icons.
    - Some Icons/models updated.
    - Gold numbers for everything have been reduced by 80% (This is purely a visual change and means the game dosnt get rediculus numbers of gold).

UNDEAD CHANGES
    - All Dark Rangers have +200hp.
    - Many undead summoned type units now have summoned armor.
    - Abominations no longer have the Frenzy ability.
    - Abominations have an upgrade that increases hp by +600 (these chnages mean they better resemble slow/tanky unit type, this is not available to Dark Rangers).
    - Ghoul HP increased from 350 to 500, they now have the frenzy ability.
    - Undead heroes have around 400-500 increased HP so they dont instatly die to Elven aims.
    - Nerubian Guards have +2 armor and +600 HP.
    - Black Citadels when flying now hae large armor instead of fortified, this makes them more vulnerable to attack. Damage has been reduced from 130 to 80.
    - Arthas and Noth have new hero icons.
    - Spawning Pit HP increased from 4k to 10k.
    - Death infusion HP bonus increased from 10 to 50.
    - Anub Rekans Locust Swarm ability has been replaced with a real Locust Swarm.
    - Anub Rekan has a new model as the last one had a derpy movement animation.
    - Egg Sacks are no longer immune to all damage.
    - Doomguards are limited to 8.
    - Frost breath and Slow Poison duration on heroes reduced from 10 seconds to 0.50 second.

ELVES CHANGES
    - Rangers have access to the deadly Corps Balistra unit.
    - Anastarian has access to the powerful Arcane Golem unit.
    - Anasterian has the Crown of Quel'Thalas item.
    - Anasterian also has +200 hp.
    - Anasterian Sunstrider has improved quality icon.
    - Eversong Lynxs have new model.
    - Spells deal 15% less damage to heroes.
    - Spell damage against summoned unit armor type is no longer so extreme and more ressembles the 300% we see in LTA/LTF.
    - Some High Elven units have slightly increased movement speed.
    - The Crystal Teleporters have been moved to the Elven secondary bases to make them more useful.
    - Whenever a Ranger is killed and becomes dark Anasterian gains +75 bonus gold income per minute, this is removed when the Ranger turns to the good team.
    - Runes of Shock Item is back in Ranger Shops but has been nerfed.
    - Magic Shielding on Highbornes is now only available to Anastarian player.
    - Sylvanas and Alleria's Ultimates have been returned to what they were in previous versions.
    - All rangers have increased hp.
    - Elven spirit hp bonus increased from 10 to 25.
    - Phoenixes can now be summoned from the Aviary and are limited to 1 per player.
    - Allerias Windwalk ability now deals backstab damage.
    - Sylvana's Rune Trap ability has been replaced with Arcane Volley.
    • Like Like x 14
  2. lynkanek

lynkanek

Last time i played this(week ago or smth) i got aimed hardly by flying squadron of frost wyrms, how about limiting them too?
  3. Yousef

Yousef Paladin of the Alliance Brigand Map Maker

Sorcs with Polymorph, you don't need to limit something when you have unlimited counter,
  4. ponasozis

ponasozis SOVIET Angry marine Brigand

just played it with uos boyz soloed sunwell defenses with purple on 43 min mark countdown
    all rangers died really easy to us and we even realised them all just to have some more fun but still crushed elves like nothing
    pretty sure undead op
  5. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

That was 5.3 Ponasozis, hopefully 5.4 is better balanced!
  6. Excalibur

Excalibur

I want to translate Rise of a Realm.
    But do not know if it will be updated in the short term.
  7. Skillerino

Skillerino one fool once told me have faith in humanity

I would also nerf green´s choke at his first base where lb has to go up the hill if you will make some melee,towers,destroy the bridge behind you and camp near the crystal lb has almost no chance of beating you(i´ve played against like 10 lbs at least 6 of them were people who i knew and 3 who knew what exactly were doing) none of them breached my first base sooner then after 30m by which time my allies have been to their secondary bases and had all previous stuff mentioned above.
  8. Nalesean

Nalesean Communism has never been tried Brigand Donator Legend

Too be honest I don´t agree at all with the assesment that the game was tipped in favor of the elves, I´ve barely lost it as undead and most games were undead players are decent (and stay) they seem to do very well. Sadly this is often not the case of course, but I don´t think thats the game balance which i would rather put quite heavily in favor of the undeads. What I do agree with is the assesment that the game is determined by hero sniping, I really think the rangers should get a hp buff as well. Spell damage is one thing, but the net item is usually what gets em.

One of the things that bugged me when playing this map was the aim with mass flying black citadels, I don´t think thats acceptable at all in a map and quite frankly I thought it was an abuse not intended untill now. Bottom line I don´t think they should be able to fly, at all.

Otherwise its a nice map that ive enjoyed of an on, most of the changes look nice.
  9. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Rather limit their number then to remove their ability to fly...
  10. Nalesean

Nalesean Communism has never been tried Brigand Donator Legend

No i don´t think the unit is acceptable at all, so I´d rather see the flying removed ^^.
    • Funny Funny x 1