1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SvnmS is now looking after LTA

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by Marshmalo, Jan 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +3,363 / 12 / -17
    [​IMG]

I have to go away for afew months and I will have alot less time, basically I'm moving house amongst other things so have a lot going on outside of LTA right now. Which is good and bad, but the short story is I won't have the time to dedicate to LTA for the next few months. But Of course I hope to return once things have settled down!

I have known this was coming for awhile, but worked hard on the mod around Christmas time to finally get Dark Horde released. Its great to see LTA going through an increase in popularity because of this and I want to thank everyone for supporting and playing the map and giving feedback on all the new content!

I will be logging into BOTR every now and then and may do some casual work with some of my less popular maps like ROTV, but I WON'T be posting on the LTA section as I will inevitably be drawn back into LTA development which I don't have time for as its much more involved and comes with a lot more expectation.

For this reason, ownership of the map will temporarily transfer to SvnmS, who has supported and helped develop LTA for years now. He has been a constant and highly valued member of our team and it's a no-brainer that he should have the map in my absence.

@SvnmS
    Currently you only have authorisation to make Troll Empire changes and bug fixes so you will need more powers to edit and make changes to the map while I'm gone. Therefore you will also be given contol of some more factions within LTA as explained below, however, me and you have not been able to agree on Broken Alliance balance changes so I'm afraid I can't give you complete and free control over these SvnmS.

UPDATE: SvnmS has declined to accept control of the map with the restrictions on nerfing certain factions, but offer is open should he change his mind later on.
    FINAL OFFER TO SvnmS:

- Troll Empire and faction paths balance and new content
    - Horde and faction paths balance and new content
    - Forsaken and faction paths balance and new content
    - Dark Horde and faction paths balance and new content
    - Cult of the Damned and faction paths balance and new content
    - Sanlyn and Wretched balance and content
    - Dwarves and faction paths balance and new content
    - Silverhand and faction paths balance and new content
    - Worgen balance and content
    - Scourge and faction paths balance and new content
    - Dragonmaw Clan and faction paths balance and new content

If you want you can even make Trolls/Horde start off as solo factions as you mentioned before you wanted to do this.
    You can also decide who you want on your development team working with you on LTA.
    Minor changes can be made to Legion, New Dalaran and Blood elves provided they are protected from nerfs.

Thats all from me, farewell for now people and good luck SvnmS! <3
    • Informative x 12
    • Like x 8
    • This x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  2. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Burn it! Website Admin

Ratings:
    +3,166 / 30 / -105
    Interesting.
    Wish you a nice time.

This is the moment, SvnmS! Claim your destiny and dismantle LTA. Purge it and purify it with the power of balance! :D
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • This This x 3
  3. Cynicaldoubt

Cynicaldoubt Beekeeper Extraordinaire Brigand Donator Legend

Ratings:
    +2,792 / 32 / -69
    Aww. :(

Best of luck @Marshmalo and keep in touch here! I hope you'll give @SvnmS some control with public debate on the Alliance though, as it remains a core issue that really infringes on basically every balance issue in the map, unfortunately it's not possible to necessarily isolate it. Regardless, enjoy your break!
  4. Hawk

Hawk The Old Lion Map Maker

Ratings:
    +2,010 / 101 / -135
    [​IMG]
    @SvnmS right now. Damn I was hoping you would give Dalaran to SvnmS too so we can purge it :p

P.S. Sorry for double-post but while you are (hopefully) still here @Marshamlo. If @Krotos is still part of the Dev team I think he should get Sanlyn and Wretched he played a lot of it, like a lot... I think he could balance it better and faster than Svmns, since balacing the work load and such. ^_^
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • This This x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2016
  5. Vogelbeest

Vogelbeest #VoteTehfebeb2016

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1
    Good luck with rl.
  6. Mirial MD

Mirial MD Brigand

Ratings:
    +67 / 1 / -6
    Good luck with your endeavours, Marsh.

Krotos should not have any sort of power in developing this map.
    Edit: He has shown utter incompetence in implementing or fixing anything. He was supposed to be the one doing SO, he had several months to do anything, he didn't even manage to show up to our conversation on the matter. His playstyle is game ruining, in 2015 the only thing he managed to do was kill all his units as Blood Elves and run around with his hero squad and spell breakers, avoiding going Wretched or going any path.
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • What? What? x 1
  7. Hawk

Hawk The Old Lion Map Maker

Ratings:
    +2,010 / 101 / -135
    Nice argument. I especially like the part where there is none.

EDIT: Even better argument there, rating my post dumb. You are getting better at this!
    • Like Like x 1
    • This This x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Vogelbeest

Vogelbeest #VoteTehfebeb2016

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1
    Well you cant say that it doesnt happen often here, bad or no argumentation.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Kolladan

Kolladan Ambassador of the Poor Legion

Ratings:
    +519 / 17 / -73
    Darth Sidious: Lord Vader... can you hear me?
    Darth Vader: Yes, Master.
    Darth Vader: Where is Marshmalo? Is she developing LTA? Is she still autor?
    Darth Sidious: It seems, she is not more developing LTa.
    Darth Vader: What...? It is impossible! She should develop this map in forever... I felt it!
    Nooo-Meme-Darth-Vader-01.jpg
    • Funny Funny x 4
  10. spinel

spinel Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,542 / 8 / -10
    Good luck with your real life busines ;) we will miss you :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.