1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terrorist attack on Paris : fear is the mindkiller

Discussion in 'The Tavern' started by Bram51warcraft, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Bram51warcraft

Bram51warcraft Lore Nerd Brigand Map Maker

The attack on Paris was horrible and should never happen again.

But sadly their terrorist attack was probaply IS most succesful terrorist attack.
    Not because of the loss of life but it's effect.

8 terrorists have been able to put terror and fear in almost more than 900 milion people.
    Rather than using bombs simply a shoot out has done I would near unrepairable damage to people and the mental status of Europe.

-Poland has closed its border when there was information one of the 8th had posed as a refugee.
    -UK is planning to do the same
    -France is almost in near martial law.
    -at a wake in France mass panic ensued when people thought to have heard a gun.

Our politicans are claiming we will not buckle under their threaths and our way of life will be preserved and offical war declared on isis.
    Entire nations have revising policies and roused by 8 men

Everyone is afreid. Countries are panicking and politicans try to seem as compassaionate and protective as a mother to their citizens.
    Dear god IS must be partying borders are being closed after dozens of years of open borders.

Speaking of troop deployment , distrust of refugees.

A quote from Dune "fear is the mind killer."
    And we should be afreid but we need to stand up to it.

Not how the politicans are doing it to make their people feel safe so that that they'll do good in the next elections.
    But 1 attack has scared most of europe shitless. Combined with the massive refugee crisis Europe may splinter.

The real problem
    I personaly feel the real problem with the fear is not the terrorists itself.

Eventhough I hate to say it Western Media.

Western media is in my mind a cancer on our society.
    I am talking about fear-sales.

When do these companies earn a lot of money when people buy or watch their news.

The media is the one pushing fear into our heads.

The ebola epedemic , when IS first rose and I can guess you can say many more.
    Most media only focuses on what will sell. The bad , the dangerous.

They point to everyone "they overlooked it" "you are not safe" "mistakes and some escaped" "their still out there" "there are so many more!"

The media keeps pointing fingers sharing data. We have a right to know these things but the media is helping to spread terror I would say.
    Their not doing it to spread terror but to make gross profit.

IS is losing their war their losing on all fronts and their fighters are abandoning them.
    They want us to be scared , they want us to be hostile to moslims.

Their propaganda showing europa as evil crusaders isn't working if we let them in , be open and respect liberty , free speach and their rights as humans.

But if we close the borders start acting aggresive towards them than IS gets what it wants.

We should be afreid but not scarred.
    We need to know its a dangerous time but we can't give up our core beliefs to make us feel safe.

We should be brave and not craven.
    Societies where fear and anger is dripped into every beaing of it aren't good places to live.

Let's keep the hate out and be cautious but not fearing every moment.

So lay down the newspaper and stop looking at every newspapaer update and tell the same to your friends and familiy.

And now because this has been such a long post to tell my views on it here are the unexpected jihad memes

And I ask to let every botr memeber type a joke about terrorists and IS

Brams joke:

"Anonymous have declared war on ISIS. The prophecy is coming true... They are going to get fucked by 72 virgins after all."

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. NikolaT.

NikolaT. the rightful King of Scotland Brigand

[​IMG]
    • This This x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Zerwikaptur

Zerwikaptur Brigand Donator

Wot?
  4. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

Blah blah blah ... IS is not bad, europe in fear.

people are overreacting, its war for fuck sake, what do they think? Blame should be on France.
  5. Bram51warcraft

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34826438

Yeah must have been more clear closed the border to refugees.

Still borders are checked again probaply for this. Unless this isn't true

Than Western media made me fearfull again.
  6. Zerwikaptur

Zerwikaptur Brigand Donator

"Incoming" key word. Maybe it'll be closed, maybe not. As for now nothing happened excluding putting special forces on state of alertness.
    Worse thing is that World Youth Day is potential target (25-31 July, Poland).
    • This This x 1
  7. Bram51warcraft

yep , western media you did it again.

Please western media talk about good things
  8. NikolaT.

NikolaT. the rightful King of Scotland Brigand

would laugh to but as an austrian, thats difficult well anyway, fear is quite a usefull instrument to keep the sheeps in line and it allways suprises me how effective one can use the media. I mean i know a lot of people that should know better but are still under heavy influence by the media, so honestly i kinda gave up on humanity a while ago and deceided to move on.

But as sun tzu once said:
  9. Bram51warcraft

Yes sun tzu is right which I fear let"s hope we don't start to give up our freedom for safty and become a dystopian society
  10. Cynicaldoubt

Cynicaldoubt Beekeeper Extraordinaire Brigand Donator Legend

• Funny Funny x 1