1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Custom World of Post-1.30.2 - what will it look like?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Krotos, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Krotos

Krotos The Lore Judge. Brigand Map Maker

Hey everyone! So I keep being asked what Warcraft 3's gonna look like after the bots are taken down and made obsolete with the upcoming patch on December 1st. Here's a short summary:

- Port forwarding won't be necessary.
    - Custom game search will feature up to 100 active lobbies that'll also tell you how many people are in it. Clicking refresh will update it.
    - Everyone will be able to host and there'll be cloud download as well if the map got uploaded even once to bnet. The lobbies themselves will also be part of the cloud.
    - Hosts will have access to pretty much all the current bot commands (safe for like 2 of them, but I already have a confirmation they'll come in next patch) and players will also have access to a fair share of commands they can make use of.
    - Hosts will no longer hold games hostage as leaving won't end it.
    - Download rates will be increased so bigger maps won't take forever to download.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
  2. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Hmmm are the maps listed properly like in MMH or ENT or do i have to search through a shitload of lobbies who are in place randomly to find the game I want? Will there be a website showing them? Will i be able to sort alphabetically or something? Because right now if you for example want to find the lobby you like you will have hell if you are just using the WC3 client to search...

Also will there be a system to keep track of stats? Right now you can easily see with MMH how many games each person has and check which maps they usually play. You can also check how often they stay. This way you know if someone is a possible Alt trolling and leaving or an actual player. You can sorta even balance the teams using that so you don't want have all the noobs facing all the veterans. Will the new system have something like that?

Also I assume RIP MMH and ENT stats since they don't get transferred...
  3. Krotos

Krotos The Lore Judge. Brigand Map Maker

1. IIRC the lobbies were already sorted alphabetically. You gotta search through the list but I do have a memory of being able to sort by name, amount of users in the lobby and ping.
    2. Not at the beginning.
    3. Yes.
    • Informative Informative x 1