1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Elder Scrolls: Interregnum [Announcement Thread]

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls: Interregnum' started by Draupne, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Good idea and nice maping man.
  2. ilusioner

ilusioner Cause things shall proceed as foreseen Map Maker

I wonder, @Draupne, from ESO map I remember that the 3 factions are located around the central cyrodil, which would meant that the 'evil' faction of Molag Bal will be located in Cyrodil, so in the middle of conflict. That's quite a shit position if you ask me, and I'm curious what's your idea to balance it out, and where do you want to place them. Ideally (Alteast in my eyes) it would be great to have all the factions in the corners, Cyrodil in the middle as the "main battlefield, a lot of people to contest it, but high rewards", and the faction's homelands as "secondary battlefields, that give you less resources, but allow one to eliminate player for good". Or something like that. So yeah, I'm curious, what's your plan to do it?

Others than that, it sounds good, looks nice, hope it will turn out to be a great RTS game, good luck with it mate!
  3. AriusSunKing

AriusSunKing Heart of Iron Brigand Map Maker

yes
    • This This x 1
  4. Draupne

Draupne Won't get any more fun than what you make yourself Brigand Map Maker

Player Red (who controls the Empire and most of Cyrodiil) is gonna get thrown right into the heat, yes, and is most likely the most difficult faction to play. However, as solace, I made use of my artistic freedom and pushed the Dominion, Covenant and Pact frontiers further into their respective countries than what we actually see in ESO. Molag Bal (Teal) and the Worm Cult (Brown) have bases scattered all over Tamriel, and will be flanking any faction that pushes too far into Cyrodiil without leaving their homelands protected. The Empire itself has the greatest amount of soldiers, cities and supplies at the start of the game. Several of the provinces are also harmed by internal conflicts and uprisings, such as the Colovian invasion of Valenwood or the Montclair vampire uprising in High Rock. These troubles will delay the factions from entering deep into Cyrodiil if they want to secure their homefront first.
  5. ilusioner

The problem is, that not always what we plan, turns out to be working. (I've learnt it the hard way by implementing some mechanics, that looked great on paper, but turned out to be rather bad) What you are suggesting might work, but from my perspective, it is a fat chance. Any faction that is surrounded, and has no where to turn to, will sooner or later be obliterated. That's how it works it mostly works in wc3 RTS maps. Take for example scourge position in LTA, if he doesn't secure his lands (as in destroy forsaken on blood elves) he will be stuck, and will be slowly dying. Now imagine that there's not only those two to push him, but there's also a light blue pushing on him, imagine his chances. In LTA, however, scourge has a backup base in northrend, here the Molag Bal team won't have that asset.

If the faction design is that they are more or less at the same power, then there's no way that 3man alliance that power is located in middle, can withold 9 players. Especially considering the fact that Cyrodil will be the main battlefield, as it yields the best profits to controllers. With no base to go back to, Molag Bal team will just be defeated, and will have little chances of coming back.

Those internal factions will be able to hold players only for some time, sooner or later they will be hitting on the main quest, which is Cyrodil, and when it happens, everyone is going more or less to collapse on that 3 man team. Trust me Draupne, anyone who is surrounded&outnumbered will not be able to survive for long, let alone push back the opponents.
  6. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Could u show us a map of where factions will be placed with neutral areas in gray so we can see it better? Just the map of Tamriel with paint program circles over it could fit :D
  7. Draupne

Draupne Won't get any more fun than what you make yourself Brigand Map Maker

No need to start worrying about a map you've yet to see. The Daedric team is far from surrounded.
  8. Arlt

Arlt High King Website Admin

I have never actually played any elder scrolls games (yeah, sorry), but it looks pretty interesting. It will hopefully be as enjoyable as Warbands. ;)
    • Like Like x 2
    • What? What? x 1
  9. Tehfebeb

Tehfebeb ProphetHeWhoMustNotBeNamed

"Draupne, what are your plans for fixing this..
    Yeah but usually it doesnt turn out like you planned"

Foocking hell what is this
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. ilusioner

I was simply stating my concern about his plans for preventing the grim scenario of one team being butt-raped by everyone. (To make it more clear: I did not agree that his plans were enough to fix the problem of one being surrounded)

It's irrelevant now, as Draupne said, the original ESO map is changed to prevent one team being surrounded by others.