1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The forum is dead reeeeee

Discussion in 'The Tavern' started by Zerwikaptur, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Zerwikaptur

Zerwikaptur Brigand Donator

Of course not a reason to panic, this thread is pretty much shitpostey to make front activity a little less boring. I kinda miss craziness of LTA/LTF suggestions tho :(
    • This This x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Burn it! Website Admin

don't worry I'm aware of that.
  3. Empress Azshara

Empress Azshara Spampolice's Lil Gracia Brigand Donator

poor diegi is ggeting molested by zerwi together with theur itialian little mobbeedek
  4. Zerwikaptur

Zerwikaptur Brigand Donator

We can go back to joking about your mather if you want it that much.
  5. Mazzel

Mazzel Can I help you? @Brigandsupport Map Maker Legend

Everything ends someday...

Or it's just that kids went to school and are busy, I guess most people have reached college age which means "fuck your free time or fuck your school or fuck your social life. You have to pick one to make sure the other two run fine.
  6. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

LoL No. There is no monthly fee. Both me and zoom are on it for a long time. There is a Monthly fee like Fornite which can you pay to get points faster to update your avatar cooler and get titles as perks but that applies to Netease acc (Netease has a million other games) not just WC3. Unless you are into cosmetics and showing off, you don't need that. I agree that WC3 that has potential but not that much. if 40,000 daily users were paying sub fee, Blizz would have on the 10th Warcraft 3 expansion by now. I can give you account to make account or give you existing one now. Check inbox.
    Edit: Just realized I can't private message you.

Well bonuses and subsidies come from that (Netease's own pocket) but the real money comes from the map itself. Once your map reaches a certain popularity, you can send it to Netease for a review for quality and copyright infringement. If it's ok then you have option to sell items on it and share with Netease (no clue on details, it's Chinese and unlike bonuses I don't think this is goes on their websites, gotta ask map authors about it). You can make models as skins (Models have to be original or have real Author permission) to sell or other stuff too. Netease will be responsible for advertising your map and technical support while you are now responsible for updating your map consistently and have good ratings.
    http://rpg.dz.163.com/authors-home/help

That is why I'm gonna finish the video. Just like I was, I'm surprised how many people are clueless on Netease despite it being a thing for years. No, Netease is not a third party like Garena, Gameranger etc etc. Netease and Blizzard are two giants and have a joint venture in a China. They work together on Wow, Starcraft and other Blizzard games. Blizz gets paid huge money by Netease but now they have responsibility of helping Netease with technical and making their game compatible. Netease's job is now to promote and advertise the game to a chinese audience and pass regulations. Most US companies go through a joint venture with a Chinese distributor when it comes to selling in China. It helps them with taxes also and reduces risk.

So yes, Netease is partly Blizzard. There is reason why the have the following:
    1- Platform for hosting and sharing custom maps

2- Level based system to separate players by skill level. (No more first timer facing against guy with 1000 games)

3- Ranking system and ladder (+ tournaments tho only for top maps)

4- Better guild system and friend’s system

5- Switching system

6- Promotion of new maps.

7- Goodbye to hackers, was fun time.

8- Reconnect system

9- Voice Chat system

10- Far better servers and connection

11- 10x times faster download speed. No need to wait

12- Spectator system (no need to be in lobby)

13- Far better UI and platform for friends

14- Support and customer service

15- Tutorials and support for map makers (A better and a living Hive)

In short it's pretty much Warcraft 3 remaster without the graphics or new engine part.

Netease is not third party and is supported by Blizzard. No one in English community will do it here cause they don't have the technical knowledge of Blizzard to make the features I mentioned in the top happen. And most importantly they ll get sued by Blizzard!!!

Blizzard can just copy pasta Netease and make WC3 popular here however cause of the Remaster that's not the plan. Unlike there were custom maps are king and melee are just something extra. Here melee is everything and custom maps are something extra. (IK it's Blizz fault). Plus why make F2P WC3 when you can charge the rich Western audience $30 huh? However reason I mentioned Netease is cause it will definitely be a model for a Warcraft 3 remaster and shows the true potential of Warcraft 3.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  7. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

Obviously the reason for inactivity is @Harald not making youtube videos anymore. Still waiting for that Harald and Azothan duo song
    • This This x 1
  8. Arlt

Arlt Archangel of Wisdom Brigand Legend

Yeah Harald. I am looking forward to it!
  9. Draupne

Draupne Won't get any more fun than what you make yourself Brigand Map Maker

The problem with brigandshaven these days is that we haven't had an influx of new, young members to increase activity. As it stands right now, one of our youngest yet one our most senior members in @Arlt has real life to take care of. Just like us others that were active every day back in 2014/2015. If we want Brigandshaven back on track we got to recruit new members, however this is difficult until WC3 custom games are fixed. Most of us have too many responsibilities as grownups to be as active as before.
    • This This x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Arlt

Arlt Archangel of Wisdom Brigand Legend

I am in agreement with this entire post.