1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The History of BotR

Discussion in 'The Tavern' started by Smyl, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Smyl

Smyl The Last Crusade shall visit even you! Brigand Map Maker

Hey guys.
    So I realised that many of you are not aware how old this clan is and with all it went through.
    With this timelaps I would like to show you, how we went in time, how we have grown and how all of this started, thanks to all of this we are all together and we are stronger then every before.

2.5.2012 - creation of BotR (Old BotR - 2.5.2012 - August/September 2013)
    • creator and leader: Dartie (after not taking his power back from Thurr in LHoT, he decided to create a new clan called BotR and get members loyal to Dartie from LHoT, Dartie was creator of LHoT aswell)
    • by the end of May, BotR has already more members than LHoT - me joining in 12.5.2012
    2.5.2012 - May 2013 (20-30 players)
    • BotR is a strong clan, a lot of members are from Diplomunion, Enclop and me are hosting games on Diplo, gaining a lot of popularity
    • Azothan starts with showcasts of Azeroth Wars - many games including BotR members
    • Diplomunion is "home forum" for BotR
    • a lot of newcomers from AWLR
    • Enclop and Gnome are keeping the clan alive
    May 2013 - August 2013 (30 -50 players)
    • BotR is more likely dying out, many members inactive
    • current leaders: Nerzhul and Gnomestommper
    • Dartie, me, Enclop and many more known players are inactive
    August 2013 - September 2013 (50-25 players) (New BotR - August/September 2013 -3.6.2014)
    • Dartie and me comes back
    • Dartie rents first bot (Brigand[BotR]]
    • me and Dartie starts to create system for the upcoming renewell of the clan
    • I am starting to kick all the inactive people from the clan including trolls from Diplo - taken very heavily, for a long time big hate from Diplo against BotR
    October 2013 (25-40 players)
    • creating of the website: www.brigandshaven.com
    • many people are forced to join the website. Creating of magistrates and emperors
    • current emeperors: Dartie, Nerzhul, Gnome
    • me and Wrath_Icefire are starting to work on Fall of Draenor
    November 2013 (40-50 players)
    • a lot of people are being invited to BotR
    • people like Wrath, Rider and more known players are playing on regular basis
    • hosting clan games of AWLR every week (over one month around 6 official clan games of AWLR, golden era of hosting)
    December 2013 (50-70 players)
    • creating a rank of the Member of the Month
    • (late December) - creation of first teamspeak server rented by SesamStrasse
    January 2014 - February 2014 (70-90 players)
    • many people from Diplo are disgusted by BotR - creation of oposition clan: BS, leader: FrozenGrip and more trolls from Diplo
    • creation of legionnaire rank
    • Hellborne (very intelligent person), as a magistrate solved the situation by not acting on any threats, we have won the cold war with BS
    • current leaders: Dartie, Ice, Nale
    March 2014 - May 2014 (70-90 players)
    • first opposing factions in BotR against the usage of Teamspeak. Teamspeak users have prevailed
    • hosting of AWLR is slowly dropping
    • current leaders: Dartie, Nale, Wrath
    Summer 2014 (80-140 players) (Brigand Empire - 3.6.2014 - now)
    • hosting of clan games is nearly gone
    • BotR players are afk
    • 3.6.2014: creation of BEA - formation of Brigands Empire! (around 90 players)
    • at the end of Summer new idea - new website
    • late August - creation of new website: www.brigandshaven.net
    • late August - many players are returning, legionnaire recruitment is on fire
    Fall 2014 (120-140 players)
    • hosting of clan games is coming back in a big way
    • Brigand Empire has many mapmakers and is very famous - Diplo misses us
    • I am leaving the executive team
    • Dartie is leaving executive team
    • Nale is leaving executive team
    • current leaders at the end: Wrath, Arlt, Reaver
    December 2014 - January 2015 (now) (120-140 players)
    • Fall of Draenor is released on 24th December
    • BE has stable amount of players (around 130)
    • I am joining back the executive team
    • Nale has returned to play again (not returned to the executive team)

I hope you like this. It took me a time to create and something might not fit exactly to some months, but I had to remember everything and this is all out of my head.
    This is pretty much all of our history, it's really just a part of it, because if I would be saying here everything what happened each month we would be here for a long time.
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Enclop

Enclop Lord of Winterfell

Smyl there is a bit of inaccuracy in this.
    2.5.2012 - August/September 2013 clan botr was not 40-80 play man strong
    I took over clan botr from gnomestomper around beginning of 2013. Back then I was reluctant to take charge because I retired from ww1 and because the clan was absolutely dead. But you cant have imagined the state of the clan, which had 20 members.. Dartie had neglected it until then, and it would have died within a month of inactivity. Thats when i started taking the initiative and accepted gnomestomper proposal because I got interested into azzy wars. I invited lots of ppl including you and the whole azothan casts thing started.

So you should change the timeline according to information I'm giving in my opinion but you decide. Im not trying to discredit dartie or anything. I like him and come to have respected him and what he has done afterwards but fact remains.

Edit: also between 2.5.2012 - creation of BotR (Old BotR - 2.5.2012 - August/September 2013) Dartie was not leader. Gnomestomper and I were.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  3. Z@X

Z@X Grandmaster of BEA Brigand

Nice. I didn't know for example that Dartie was creator of LHoT aswell. Also
    January 2014 - February 2014 (70-90 players)
    • many people from Diplo are disgusted by BotR - creation of oposition clan: BS, leader: FrozenGrip and more trolls from Diplo
    • creation of legionnaire rank
    • Hellborne (very intelligent person), as a magistrate solved the situation by not acting on any threats, we have won the cold war with BS
    • current leaders: Dartie, Ice, Nale
    March 2014 - May 2014 (70-90 players)
    • first opposing factions in BotR against the usage of Teamspeak. Teamspeak users have prevailed
    • hosting of AWLR is slowly dropping
    What happend between these 2 periods. Why Ice left position of leader. I know that Woodenplank said on Diplo when he worked on WotE together with Ice that Ice left project due to some disagreements within BotR ? What happened back then.
  4. Smyl

it connects with the faction opposition against TS. Basically there was a lot of rage, but I dont want to say more. Ice was demoted then.
  5. Enclop

Enclop Lord of Winterfell

Also while steakonspear and stuff were trolls, they should be given more credit.
    They were the ones who built up the clan especially frozengrip. Without them and their help BotR would have died before it even managed to stay up to this day.
  6. Smyl

I do not think so. It would eventually come up to live during Dartie's and mines return
  7. balnazzar.

balnazzar. Chemical Brotherhood Brigand

Oh I remember old member of botr said something about team speak troll makeing a big fat mess. What ever happened there any way?
  8. Darth Mbites

Darth Mbites Stoned Eurofag Map Maker

Didn't know the old days of BotR... Very interesting. As i read Teamspeak "opposition" i needed to laugh. But GJ Smyl.

PS: The Part with the German Übermacht/Overpower is missing :p
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ice

Ice Queen of the Realm Map Maker

I wasn't with Smyl and dartie back in 2012 I was a few months later when Nerzhulen was Chieftain, Gnomestomper brought a load of people from ECG over to BotR. And I think I'm the last one left, but for a long time there was a lot of ECG members that kept BotR alive. A lot of things that are missed on this post was things like I was chieftain for 2 months, a friend of mine and an ex-botr member called Douggie was also chieftain for 2 months. BotR has only recently been booming. I remember weeks in which a total of seven people came online. But it is incredible to see that a clan has been around for that long. I also remember Enclop being in charge for a very long time. I do think for a month or so it was just me, Enclop, Juku and Douggie that were active.
    TS wasn't the only cause in this matter. What actually pissed me off was the fact I kicked members of HotJ from the channel and was told off by people, even though I was an Emperor it was apparently not allowed. In anger I did some stupid things, the principle I had on TS was that I thought it was stupid that it was a requirement for clan matches, as you can see now, this requirement has been removed.
  10. Arlt

Arlt the Last Emperor Advisor Legend

There is no "German OP", only some Germans and Austrians who are stuck in the past. ;)
    • Like Like x 1