1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The plans for 1.54

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by SvnmS, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Daga

Daga КTA Fan

Ratings:
    +54 / 2 / -3
    oh omg liadrin my dreams come true waiting from so long
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +176 / 6 / -19
    You wrote two opposite things about Blood Elves + Forsaken alliance and going Illidari. I assume you mean that BE can still go Illidari after joining the Forsaken but it will cancel their alliance. (?) I think it's good that they have that option in case the Forsaken alignment does not work out as it will save them from becoming Wretched. Oh and can they join team up with Forsaken after getting Illidan (but obviously losing him and the Naga)?
    Northrend mission removed? :eek: I think it would have been a good way of like "kill LK = you can keep Illidan as your hero with Fel Elves. or FAIL = Illidan goes away when you chose FE", but just not have it as a requirement for becoming FE (so people don't just start it and then fail it asap to get the alliance).
  3. Arreone

Arreone

Ratings:
    +23 / 2 / -2
    red withouth sunwell health regen fees like imposible to defend quel from any stronger undead included and becouse they can just land sunwell and ignore all anti undead runestones its kinda easy for them to slaughter red weak troops on sunwell isle, is it intended to red not have any heals whie defending his homeland? (healthstones are too slow to regen betwen battles)
    -lorthemar in horde path has 2 worker spawns what means that with spheres he can only wield 3 items and when he turns wretched he gains third worker spawn and keeps normal elven worker spawn (mb give worker spawn to hauldron/liadrin instead of orthemar so he wont have overcrowed workforce)
    i know sunwell beeing landed is part of the game but attack could go through silvermoon at least and not just rofl me gonna land sunwell me so smartru
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +595 / 14 / -51
    Pretty good overall and a bit bold but I like it however few points i realized

1- I think allowing Blood elves to ally Legion instantly as illidari is a bit OP. Currently illidari + Legion is one of the most broken alliances in the game and the only reason it's kept in check is the mission. Also not to mention this alliance can be painful for Fel Horde who has to face two enemies right at the start.

2- About activation of Risen please don't make the same mistake of LTF. If you allow LB to activate Risen while he is onslaught you have pretty much allowed Onslaught to be an Ally of Legion. What I mean by that is why should go Risen While I can make a deal with Legion and Use super strong Solo Powers of Onslaught to destroy my enemies then go Risen at the end!

Fix to this is either just only allowing Scarlet Crusade to be able to activate Risen or maybe bringing back Abbendis. Make Abbendis event a lot more powerful as compensation for the fact that you can no longer go Risen.

Also might wanna disable Fallen Nerubs for now. Solo Fallen Nerubs seems a bit troll lol. kinda pointless imo.

Just a question tho, I understand right now you are just cleaning up the allying messes right now. But in the future will you bring some the 3 men alliances back? IK balancing them is a pain so no rush to getting them back yet.
  5. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,459 / 12 / -36
    I don't know yet, most likely not bringing them back, unless I can play around with the food limits. (like making 3 man alliances have a max 150 food for each member) But I feel that anymore of my weird ideas will cause issues, I'll first make only 2 people alliances available, then perhaps, one day, I might re-add the 3 man alliances.

Yes, Risen can only be triggered from Scarlet Crusade if I implement it, the Onslaught makes it inaccessible.

I do plan on making it so that Illidari + Legion isn't too strong, if there isn't a way, then the mission can be kept as well.
    • Like Like x 1
    • This This x 1
  6. Hand_of_Midas

Hand_of_Midas

Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -2
    Here are some thoughts on some needed changes - Gouldrin should be a permanent hero with inventory slots and possible spell changes( no blink). Darius should be unrevivable like before or Gilneas will be too hard to kill off as you will have revivable arugal darius maiev and to kill of genn gilneas must have been captured which is normaly a very difficult task fighting a gilneas with that many heroes alive at all times and considering Gouldrin should be getting buffed some time soon Gilneas has a very big chance of getting out of control in the hands of good players.

Garrosh needs a rework in both is normal and true horde form he is simply a big tank that goes oom in 2 spells which dont do much at all and when going True Horde Garrosh must be a God tier hero (possiby having 2 ults like most god tier heroes) considering you lose so much in going True Horde (losing allies and having to focus all efforts into defending Northrend 99% of the time against a lich king and a legion who has a portal 30 seconds away from your main base and overall bad position of your main) that being said the 2 extra true horde heroes always need some changes the Goblin is terribly mediocre with 1 good spell - aoe rocket stun and basicly no ult while the orc hero has personality disorder is he a healer? a bruiser? a support? why is he melee?why does he have slam? why does he have the same ultimate as garrosh-s item use? 100% needs to be changed.

Legion must lose Heroes or units or both when allying other factions considering how strong the faction is and how many alliance possibilities you have.Also the ability to grand unlimited free levels to whoever you want whereever they are is completely broken... it should either be removed, have double the CD or in in my opinion - 1 to 3 uses per game.

I believe the runestones for the trolls must be reworked or simply nerfed ... not only do you get a spell immune demihero who can spawn a bunch of ranged units but you get a rune shard and i dont know if you are aware of this but free levels in this game are kinda game breaking and overpowered and troll is the only faction that can get 4 runestones in the first 10 mins of the game which was the main reason Ice trolls was OP. Now Ice trolls have a bigger timer but that doesnt change the problem of Troll being able to overfeed his zul jin extremely fast and still being able to get both Ice troll heroes lvl 15 at 20 min mark so the best option in my opinion is to remove the runestone drops completely and instead you will just recieve the upgraded demihero and 100 gold and wood per absorbed stone.

There have been some improvements to the starting position of Horde but it is still close to impossible to survive south against a good brown. Most good players know that a rush from brown at start means early death for Kargath and all that stands inside it so instead of further buffing the defences or starting units for horde i think the best option is to just reduce the starting units for brown so that it will take more time for him to attack south. Not to mention the big nerf on Horde's early saving grace - Drek thars heal who was already a very squishy target. Also a very big factor to Horde losing to brown in most matches between good players is the positioning of the shop which is basicly next to nek rosh and extremely up north completely under the control of brown. I think the shop must be moved south to where the lake is so it improves on the notion on controling the crossroads of the 3 warring factions.
    Also as of lately there is the huge factor of losing the north base + jinta alor extremely early to either yellow or LB or both as those are the main tactics for both nowadays ( yellow overwall focusing north and LB rushing to get a huge early boost at stromgarde or whatever its called) in that regard i think yellow must be pushed in some way of staying south to fight the 3 way battle with horde and brown and for LB there should be at least a 10-15 timer to get stormgarde as all the units and support from aerie is too much to defend against when playing Horde getting sandwitched from all sides and with no support as trolls 99% of the time focus completely at Zul aman and for them to lose jinta alor that early basicly means they will 90% leave you either for the frost trolls solo path or simply go smaluderthorn leaving you alone on a boulevard of broken dreams.
    Not only do you so often get sandwitched from all sides but even if you somehow manage to win south as horde there is still the problem of orange showing up to your doorstep absolutely massacring you. As i had stated in my first message there should be at least a 20 min timer for the opening of the dark portal.

As for forsaken they are still prone to losing completely early on and i think they are in dire need of stronger defences at Undercity Brill and Deathknell area. A good idea would also be to have destructable rocks between tirisfall glades and Andorhall so it will be harder for Blue to suddenly just run into your main and murder you.

Also i see it as very overpowered for heroes to be able to walk on water,blink or fly. (invisibility is kinda ok as there is a lot of counterplay to that). In my opinion if a hero is able to do any of those things they should be a very squishy target and in the case of god tier heroes should have a very long CD to be able to use any such ability. (a big part to invisibility being ok is that as mentioned those type of heroes are very squishy).
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  7. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,459 / 12 / -36
    I agree with all that you said, however, I might not fix them in the way you suggested.
    Since 1.54 will take a long time before it comes out. I'm trying to add a few things in future 1.53 versions to make sure the horde/DMC fight as well as the Forsaken/Gilneas fight feels better than currently.
    But most of the issues like heroes that can walk on water, flying heroes, currently weak/OP heroes will have to wait, as I plan to rework all of those in one patch.
    Also, yes, Goldrinn will be permanent for Gilneas, and available only if all other alliance factions leave them.
  8. muhlta

muhlta

Ratings:
    +144 / 4 / -15
    Illidari should have a certain time limit, so that when BE go the Alliance path and lose Sunwell, their only choice to become Wretched.
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  9. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,459 / 12 / -36
    Any particular reason this should be the case ?
  10. Hawk

Hawk The Old Lion Map Maker

Ratings:
    +2,004 / 101 / -135
    That seems fucking gay on so many levels
    • This This x 1