1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The return of AWLR tournament?

Discussion in 'Forum/Clan Games' started by Halzum, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Halzum

Halzum Brigand

[​IMG]

This is the official thread of the tournament.

You can sign up alone or with a team. Players who don't have team will eventually make new ones together.
    When you sign up with your team, remember to give your timezone, the name of the team and of its members.

If someone wants to help me, feel free to pm me.

Also, tell me what system you want to use for the tournament.
    You have 2 choices :
    Tournament System
    - One is the BO3 system : Team A vs Team B. The first who win 2 fights get to the next round. So there aren't more than 3 fights in each round.
    - The second system would work like this : Teams are divided in some groups, and every teams in the same group fight against each other (2 fights only). Winner wins 3 points, the looser 0. If the result is 1-1, then both teams win 1 point. After this preliminary round, best teams of each group will reach semi-finals.

Rules :
    Teams
    - You will need to setup a team of 3-5 players.
    - Each team must have a name (no inappropriate name).
    - Each team must give to the organizer its preference for the starting fights (1.NA, 2.SA then 3.Kalimdor for example). Hopefully, teams will never have to fight their third fight.
    - Teams must be willing to fight in each of the starting fights. Although there won't be a requirement to play as every faction.
    - Pick your team wisely, make sure that you have enough players who are going to participate in the fights in your team. Teamwork and coordination amongst your team will be the key to helping your team advance.

Winning conditions
    - The other team gives up with a GG.
    - One of the team members willingly gives up a game and leaves (dcs don't count). If one member of the team leaves the game willingly that would cost the team the game even if others hadn't given up yet.
    - A team which doesn't show up without informing the organizer and the other team. An extension can be given if the other team agree.

General League Rules
    - You may not play on more than 1 team. if it's discovered, said player will be removed from the league.
    - No alternate accounts allowed.
    - Behave well, no offensive comments towards others.
    - If there is a referee during the game, everyone present in the said game must ally him.
    - If there is a referee, games will be paused at the beginning to ensure that everything is in order before the start.
    - Players are free to communication with each other through Skype, TS, etc during the game.
    - The rules for each specific fight will be announced when the game is announced.

Game rules
    - Teams can't creep islands.
    - Teams must stay in their landmass
    - The referee must kill all of his heroes.

Rules Regarding Attendance
    - Players are expected to present themeseles at the games on time. The organizer reserves the right to disqualify team members who fail to show up during their scheduled game time.
    - If changes are required, players are expected to contact the organizer beforehand.
    - It is strongly recommended for all members of the team to be present during the game in case the scheduled memeber(s) won't be able to attend.

Rules Regarding Cheating
    - Cheating would not be tolerated in this league through any means. Players discovered to be cheating would be banned permanently from future events.
    - If you suspect that players are cheating, please contact the organizer immediately with the details of your accusation.
    - False accusation of cheating may result in disqualification of the accusing player.

Ignorance of the rules will not be considered a valid excuse for breaking the rules.

Thanks to Mopei who allowed me to use his rules of previous tournaments. Rules can change, so feel free to share any thought you might have.

Only one starting fight is played per game :
    * NA fight : Red and Blue against Purple, Orange and Green

* SA fight : Yellow and Dark Green against Teal
    *Kalimdor fight : Pink and Gray against Light Blue and Brown

/!\ Timezone is set up for European timezone /!\
    Sorry for other players, but it would be too complicated. Well, if you don't mind to play at crazy hours, feel free to sign up.

Registration is open until 29th January.

If you have any questions, please contact me.
    • Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  2. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Gatsby Guardian Website Admin

Most people here are as far as I know Europeans.
    A majority of games I remember were set up with CET, so I guess that can work out. What time do you prefer or what were your thoughts regarding this event in general regarding time set ups? Is there already some kind of pre-made time table existing?
  3. Thebig061

Thebig061 Mad Prince

On which hosting bot will it be?
  4. Halzum

Halzum Brigand

I think most of the players will be Europeans, so it will be easier to schedule games.
    Yet I didn't precisely make the rules. But I think there will be no restrictions about timezones and stuffs like this.

We'll use ent bot. Everyone can manually host the game, it takes 10 sec max.
  5. Thebig061

Thebig061 Mad Prince

Good then i can maybe join.
  6. Halzum

Halzum Brigand

Ok, here are the rules. They can change of course. Feel free to give any suggestions you have.

Teams
    - You will need to setup a team of 3-5 players.
    - Each team must have a name (no inappropriate name).
    - Each team must give to the organizer its preference for the starting fights (1.NA, 2.SA then 3.Kalimdor for example). Hopefully, teams will never have to fight their third fight.
    - Teams must be willing to fight in each of the starting fights. Although there won't be a requirement to play as every faction.
    - Pick your team wisely, make sure that you have enough players who are going to participate in the fights in your team. Teamwork and coordination amongst your team will be the key to helping your team advance.

Winning conditions
    - The other team gives up with a GG.
    - One of the team members willingly gives up a game and leaves (dcs don't count). If one member of the team leaves the game willingly that would cost the team the game even if others hadn't given up yet.
    - A team which doesn't show up without informing the organizer and the other team. An extension can be given if the other team agree.

General League Rules
    - You may not play on more than 1 team. if it's discovered, said player will be removed from the league.
    - No alternate accounts allowed.
    - Behave well, no offensive comments towards others.
    - If there is a referee during the game, everyone present in the said game must ally him.
    - If there is a referee, games will be paused at the beginning to ensure that everything is in order before the start.
    - Players are free to communication with each other through Skype, TS, etc during the game.
    - The rules for each specific fight will be announced when the game is announced.

Game rules
    - Teams can't creep islands.
    - Teams must stay in their landmass
    - The referee must kill all of his heroes.

Rules Regarding Attendance
    - Players are expected to present themeseles at the games on time. The organizer reserves the right to disqualify team members who fail to show up during their scheduled game time.
    - If changes are required, players are expected to contact the organizer beforehand.
    - It is strongly recommended for all members of the team to be present during the game in case the scheduled memeber(s) won't be able to attend.

Rules Regarding Cheating
    - Cheating would not be tolerated in this league through any means. Players discovered to be cheating would be banned permanently from future events.
    - If you suspect that players are cheating, please contact the organizer immediately with the details of your accusation.
    - False accusation of cheating may result in disqualification of the accusing player.

Ignorance of the rules will not be considered a valid excuse for breaking the rules.

Tournament System
    RIght now I hesitate between two systems.
    - One is the BO3 system : Team A vs Team B. The first who win 2 fights get to the next round. So there aren't more than 3 fights in each round.
    - The second system would work like this : Teams are divided in some groups, and every teams in the same group fight against each other (2 fights only). Winner wins 3 points, the looser 0. If the result is 1-1, then both teams win 1 point. After this preliminary round, best teams of each group will reach semi-finals.

Tell me what's your preference.

Also, I need to know what you guys think about the idea of ABDeL.
    Here is a strawpoll, please vote :-) :

Thanks to Mopei who allowed me to use his rules of previous tournaments.

I'll edit the post later, with colors and so on.
  7. Thebig061

Thebig061 Mad Prince

And like that you lost me.Man you are demanding.
  8. Halzum

Halzum Brigand

In which way?
    Most of the rules are just here to make sure everything will run fine.
  9. Thebig061

Thebig061 Mad Prince

Many of the rules will make the game a bullshit if you ask me.Especialy the ones with player leaving and attack conditions.And the winning conditions.I mean siriusly if a guy leaves and others dont they lost.You ruin the map more than you make it better.
    • What? What? x 1
  10. Halzum

Halzum Brigand

The rule about a player leaving is here because some might leave in order to remake the fight. For example : oO"h fuck I got wrekt, thus we lost. So I'll turn of my connection, pretending I just had a bug to remake the fight."
    Though I can change it : if a player leave willingly while others don"t, the fight will continue until they say gg.

What do you mean by attack? Cps restriction?

Every rules are made to make the fight the most balanced and fair.