1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Third War 1.45C Released!

Discussion in 'The Third War' started by Sukramo, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Sukramo

Sukramo The Sane Map Maker

And so another month of our short mortal lives has passed. After much holidaying (Its a word now, deal with it), slacking and wasted time on video games I finally retuturned to serious work: The Third War.

The Third War 1.45C on https://www.epicwar.com/maps/267849/

This version sees Tier 3 completed for the last 6 slots, that being Legion, Dalaran, Khaz Modan, Dark Horde, Trolls & Tauren and Sientinels.

Added are 5 new heroes: Gul'dan, Rhonin, Falstad, Ghaz'rilla and Jarod Shadowsong. Green does not get a new hero and instead his tier 3 revamps the N'zoth summoning mechanic. N'zoth was fairly weak and summoning him was a big risk. Now he has gained 4000 more hp, more hp regen and more attack but to get him into the field is Green's tier 3A.

Deathmorph is on autocast.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The option to picking a level one hero is a special building with a limit of one. Their mechanics are:

Legion: Kill all of a specific enemy type. Not autocast.
    Dalaran: Give +3 Stats permanent to a hero. Autocast.
    Khaz Modan: Summon 4 permanent Flying Repair bots with autorepair. Not autocast.
    Dark Horde: Summon 10 Onyxian Whelps on an enemy hero. Autocast.

[​IMG]

Darkspear & Tauren: Revives all friendly units. Not autocast.
    Sentinels: A Moon Well with global heal range and very high mana regen. Autocast.

1.45A Chancelog:

New:

-New Tier options.

-Yellow now called Khaz Modan on multiboard

-Amani changed to Amani trolls in Multiboard when activated.

Balance:

-Deathwing ulti nerfed to 100 STR, down from 150 but can now also heal him even after max STR has been reached.

-Blue Legion Sunwell summon now requires Silvermoon.

Fixes:

-Fixed LB owning 2 Northrend creeps

-N’zoth now removed from the game when Green goes centaur.

-Northrend towers wierd spikes fixed.

Personal Comment:

I need to open with a statement: Do not host old Azeroth Wars Genesis versions. This includes up to 1.37A. Makemehost will not take down these versions that some scum uploaded (I have my suspicions who would want to sabotage like this) and since the name Genesis still holds value with many, unfortunatly sometimes people do host Genesis 1.37A and not The Third War 1.45A...Which ofc is newer and better. So when you host, you can still call it Genesis like I see many do (while The Third War name takes root), but please make sure to host the right versions. And tell people hosting 1.37 about the newer version.

As per usual:
    I am happy to see the map played after often as it did. December was a great month for the map with roughly 10 hostings per day on average while I only hosted a handful of those games. So it was the most popular month for the map ever, but feedback is still near non existant. Like, there was this bug with LB owning 2 Northrend creeps. Pretty sloppy of me and a clear bug that should never have gotten past me. But no one reported it. In a month. In over 300 games hosted. That is a failure on the part of the players to find and report map problems.

With Tiers complete more focus will be spent on terrain and less about adding new stuff. Managing what we have. Red's Forsaken second chance will probably be scrapped for something actually working. And much effort will be put into making Kalimdor more fun, it is and always has been the most unpopular slots. And Bloodpact/Hakkari will be voted on if they should become real betrayal events.

I feel Northrend's terrain revamp is mostly good (Howling Fjord I feel didnt really work out like I wanted), havent seen many comments on it so it would be nice to hear what you think. As always.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  2. Sukramo

1.45B:

-Removed the bugged Altar from Zul'farrak. The boss now starts active.
    -Renamed the old Hydra into an Elder Hydra.
  3. Sukramo

1.45C:

-Finally fixed the stupid Naxx summon Bug.
    -Fixed a bug with Deathwing level 2 ult ignoring cap.