1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The War of the Ancients

Discussion in 'Custom Projects' started by Necromass, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Necromass

Necromass

The War of the Ancients

So after a while of working on and off on this project and with all the new lore and history WoW legion and the chronicle novels added to this time period. I have decided that i finally want to share my progress in hopes that It will motivate me to actually finish this map. It is a RTS similar to LTF AWLR with 10 players planned split into two teams of five with options to betray and switch sides or form new teams (Old Gods). The will have them battle over pre sundering Kalimdor streching from mt Hyjal to the dread wastes of Pandaria.

The Factions currently planned are as follow
    Team Legion

Xavius & the Satyr (Red)

Reborn as the first satyr Xavius is responsible for the legions presence on Azeroth based in the city of Eldarath is one of the two on the legion team focused on conquering the western half of Kalimdor, Focused on defeating the wild gods which even queen Azshara feared and Malfurion to avenge his first death. The Satyr play as a twisted mirror of the druids corrupting nature and inflicting the curse of the satyr upon their foes to bolster their ranks.

The Highborne of Zin-Azshari (Teal)

Seat of the highborn capital of the Kaldorei empire location of the well of eternity Zin-Azahri is home to the most powerful and loyal of Queen Azsharas people a city which stretches from the coast of Eldarath to what would become the broken isles. The city of Zin-Ashari provides the bulk of the remaining army still loyal to the Queen as many of the distant cities and outposts have revolted or are to far away to come to its defence.

The Burning Legion (Yellow)
    Base Antorus the Burning Throne.

From the broken world of Argus a never ending tide of demons flow onto Azeroth in order to subdue the mortal resistance that threatens the legions conquest of this world. While the mortals are of no threat the many champions and deities of this world will require the legion to commit many of its strongest leaders to this war which will require much investment and preparation.

The Queens Court (Pink)
    Hero / Elite Focused Race
    Only the most powerful high borne are worthy of serving the Queen and living within the Capital Palace Under the Command of Varo'then the queens personal guard and hand maidens support the war effort and ensure that the high borne remain in the legions favour.
    Starting Heros
    Varo'Then
    Lady Vashj

The Highborne of Eldre'Thalas (Green)

Nestled in the forest of Ferelas the city of Eldre'Thealas remains unaffected by the war here Highborne magi study even the most extreme magic free from the watchful eye of the Queens court however such experiments have not gone unnoticed local lesser races have begone to attack distant outpost and repel attempts to study nearby holy sites such as Maraudon.

The Kaldorei Resistance

The Sisterhood of Elune (Blue)

All night elves prey the Goddess Elune non are more devoted than the Sisterhood of Elune an order of priests which watch over her most sacred sites and temples across Kalimdor after being driven from Zin-Azshari the leadership have gathered in the grand temple of Suramar offering support and healing to those who have suffered at the demons hands. Now united behind lord Ravencrest the Sisterhood will take an active role in the safety of Azeroth.

The High borne of Suramar (Purple)
    The second largest city the empire Suramar provides great power and influence to its ruling grand Magistrix while so far untouched by war the destruction of the near bye academy and rumours of demons leave the people uneasy. While desiring to remain neutral in the conflict should the city be threatened Elisande will not hesitate to commit her people to lord Ravencrests cause.

The forces of Nature (Orange)
    Hidden away in the remote region of Moonglade Malfurion disciple of the Demi God Cenarius has withdrawn from the war for a time to train aspiring students in the arts of druidism. While these gifts allowed Malfurion to delay the arrival of Sargeras without the aid of the ancients and dragon aspects defeat in this conflict is almost certain.

The Ancient Yaungol & Tauren Tribes (Grey)

Having endured the tyranny of the Mogu for millennia the newly free Yaungol have forged a home for themselves in the Townlong Steppes with the threat of the legion the Yaungol warlords have joined forces with their distant kin the embattled Tauren. United they have joined the Kaldorei resistance and seek the other tribes of their kin whose fate remain unknown.

The Kaldorei Resistance (Dark Green)
    While many people and races fight against the demons only those under the command of Lord Ravencrest can be called an army. Believing that Queen Azshara is held against her will by her Advisor Lord Xavius Ravencrest rose up in rebellion, Wether there is truth to those words no longer matters as now his personal force at Black Rook Hold is bolstered by high borne and night elves from across the empire and is the largest threat to the legions conquest of Azeroth.

Starting Heros
    Kur'Talos Ravencrest
    Latsius
    Demi - Illidan Stormrage

My Current Progress
    The terrain is still being worked on however 3/4 of the map is done and it depends on how many areas i decided to add into my first version.
    Work on the unit / building roster of each faction has started however no work has been started on the hero.

Some Screenshots of areas that are done or near done. Will include more later on.
    Suramar.png BrokenIsle.png Hyjal&Furbolg.png
    • Like Like x 11
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  2. Lunelune

Lunelune Known double post inquisitor and heretic caller. Brigand

3rd times the charm, I guess. Good luck! Hopefully this won't end up like the 2 other War of the Ancient maps that died halfway.
  3. Krotos

Krotos The Lore Judge. Brigand Map Maker

4. Stalin

Stalin

Add Pandaria forces (maybe just as event)
  5. Krotos

Also this might help.

Attached Files:

6. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei ❄️ Holiday Hoe ❄️ Shaman Map Maker

this map should have minimal water other than rivers and lakes :-)
  7. Necromass

Necromass

For those of you interested and to keep me motivated as I get close to Christmas a quick update . While this image isn't clear it at least gives an idea of the kind of scope and layout of the map in terms of pre sundering kalimdor. (Forgive the giant broken isles) I have for the most part minus a few doodads to add finished terraining everything outside of the box in the image. In the bottom right corner is Argus which acts as the legions starting location and gives them access to gold / lumber without crowding the other legion members centred around the capital. Areas that currently blackend out especially in the south may or may not be used at some point.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Krotos

Why is there so much water compared to this? (WoW areas sketched on top of the map)[​IMG]
    • This This x 1
  9. Lunelune

Lunelune Known double post inquisitor and heretic caller. Brigand

That is WAY too much water made, tune it down just a bit :-)
  10. Necromass

Necromass

Much of the water is supposed to be rivers however i will tighten them by expanding mountain/shorelines and removing a few to make the map less blue as I perhaps stuck to closely to post sundering area boundaries.