1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The World of Casus (OOC)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Room' started by crawlers, Sep 26, 2016.

1. crawlers

crawlers The Golden Spider Lord

Rejected, imperium of man uses warp travel which involves time manipulation and/or time travel which is a lore violation. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that this is not a troll post.

Approved, as I see no problems with it.

The basic idea of this lore was to have outsiders present, but having relatively little power. I already have things planned on how to deal with the situation if there are too many outsiders, but I would prefer this not happen.

Edit: omey brings up a valid point as to why that character would come to this world. I will talk to balnazzar about this, as well as talk to other players who might bring in characters from outside worlds who I have not yet received justification as for why they are here. I am not yet done reviewing Nail's post.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  2. Bram51warcraft

Bram51warcraft Lore Nerd Brigand Map Maker

Has Balnazzar not reported this through , it is the reason why I disabeled my own ship to prevent space travel and plantary bombardment
  3. crawlers

We can discuss balance issues after it is lore compatible. Those issues are not so hard to resolve and we can iron that out on steam.

The real problem is that the lore does not allow time travel. I can help you secure a means for traveling universes, but we must make your faction lore compatible else it I cannot allow it in the RP even if it is balanced and fair.

Also, the warp is not omnipresent in the lore and would probably wind up limited to the universe your faction originated from, but this should not be an issue since it would probably explain why ftl travel does not work for you.

Edit: you may find that the colonists do not have everything going for them, Sebby.

Edit 2: this world is not a gateway to other universes like Archn is. It is a small unimportant universe that has recently become accessible.

It seems likely that with such a low population, there is a danger that you would become completely irrelevant or grow too exponentially and this become overpowered.

Second, recycling magic is not possible using magic or mundane means, but this is not a major problem.

Though I can approve this, I recommend that we work out these issues beforehand, as the first one seems to me to potentially become very serious.
  4. Bram51warcraft

well that was that
    but if there is no warp , how would I travel then at all completly removing the time travel thing.

Also bal said this is the only system that no other stars can even be seen
  5. crawlers

I assume that if you ran into the "edge" of the warp while using your FTL system, you would get some horrible results probably meaning death but perhaps some chance of surviving with a badly torn up ship and being flung to distant and unknown places while absorbing a sizable chunk of power from the warp to get yourself to do it.

Baln is correct in that there are no other stars - the universe is the size of a solar system and you can fall off the edge of it. There are also no other planets and no moons.
  6. Bram51warcraft

but the schip is stranded and can't even make warpjumps.

But I guess we could fix it , by using the human webway instead of warp travel
  7. crawlers

Webway is another feature that probably only exists in the universe that you came from.

The basic idea is that running into the "edge" of the warp is what bumped your ship outside the universe it was in, and it simply got dragged along with the magic outflow and wound up here. No intact FTL system required.

Funny thing is that the Tau method of FTL would probably still work in this world.

Edit: bram, may we talk in steam? It goes far faster than here.
  8. balnazzar.

balnazzar. Chemical Brotherhood Brigand

Crawler has asked me to post why my bots are here on this world.
    1. Observation: Truly, new worlds like this with such low tech from the natives are bound to become dust balls and conquest for powerful things outside of this world. Yet the faction knows that never ends well and mostly end up becoming a bare knuckle brawl between the various factions.
    2. Spying: With the world becoming a dust ball of brawling, it allows this faction to keep tabs on the new runners up and new powers.
    3. Research: As I briefly touched upon there may be new things it hasn't seen so of course researching and preparing future countermeasures is something they like to do. They wouldn't mind stealing new tech as well.
    4. Conquest: For various reasons of heat and other things conquest is in fact a rarity, now a days, for this faction. It only deemed if the planet is discovered to have some grand worth. The world will NEVER become this as of now. Conquering this world as of right now is so costly . . . I am not sure how to put it in words.
    5. Manipulation: This faction wants to continue gaining worth out of these worlds so continuing these brawl knuckle brawls is beneficial. They will send a unit nick named Manipulation Units to work in the shadows to continue the jobs of spying, observing, manipulating, and researching. Sometimes conquest but this isn't the objective here.
  9. Bram51warcraft

oke that sounds fine
  10. crawlers