1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The World of Casus (OOC)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Room' started by crawlers, Sep 26, 2016.

1. PureFunnyDeath

PureFunnyDeath

I'll simply make a statement regarding my land and it's borders. I am personally satiafied with it, however will admit some borders may be able to be done a bit better.
    In the case of the border with Livatla, the way livatla has land that juts out but doesnt go along a side of the river sets me off a little bit. I feel like it may look a bit better if the terrain was better used to help with that border. Either the red/green border, or using the river heading NW from the lake all the way NW(Livatla gains decent amount of land this way), or following that river NW till it splits off to the left, following that river to the mountain range. The river method and red/green could also be combined I suppose. The other border is the one with Siparav. Looking back it's not much of an issue, and could be left as is, though as I have built Malverion as defensive, the way the border juts out from within the mountain is slightly off-setting, however like I said it's more due to that defensive role of mine rather then it being an actual issue I see. I mean hey, with the terrain it does make sense to have the border jut out around the green to ensure Siparav is simply the dry ol' desert. To be honest I think the terraining there fits well, so should be good to leave it. The matter of Livatla is the one to actually think about. Also I like the water bodies and islands that have been made on this map, namely the one at my border and the one over by Hesh. I am gonna have to wonder if I could have people inhabiting those islands though. Don't want to assume the extent of possible residency on those islands (this is assuming we go with them being legitimate parts of my domain.)

I will also admit I could just be somewhat picky with this, meaning I could be delving deeper then need be, or trying to fine-tune borders more then is needed with this map. (Always have found myself to be a slight bit of a perfectionist when it comes to visuals)
    Good job working on making the map for Casus in any case though.
  2. NikolaT.

NikolaT. the rightful King of Scotland Brigand

You don't need to tell me crawlers was the one to deceid to hold back on the information of the generall lack of water on the whole planet, the survival not to mention the development of an actual nation is absolutely impossible in this enviroment. So instead of pulling some bullshit explanation out of my ass, I accepted that any reasoing given probably won't be satifactory and moved on.
    [​IMG]
    about the map a few things that are mayor enough to me.
    (i) Siparav boardering Malverion
    (ii) Siparav not boardering Livatla
    (iii) Siparav not boaardering Narlox
    (iv) Siparav not boardering the PE
    (v) Siparav beeing surrounded by mountain chains with no passage on 3 sides
    (vi) Siparav beeing enclosed between basicly one nation and mountains (see Siparav shouldn't boarder Malverion)
    (vii) I know i wanted my sand and not to share my desert, but those territorial tongues to the east shouldn't exist.
  3. DontBanTheMan

DontBanTheMan

Livatla should probably jut further north and south; it looks as though it'st much smaller than Ryendar currently, but it should be roughly the same size if not larger. Phoenix Empire should also probably be made a tad larger. The map certainly looks beautiful though, props man.
  4. NailBigGreen

NailBigGreen ZUBATMAN Brigand

I will take a reference point to the old map, as this map's design is obviously based upon that one. To certain degrees.

(I) In the old map it did.
    (II) Whilst it did border in the old map, there might have still been a mountain or hill there that is a neutral location as it is too hard to maintain a border at. (I checked it. You had a neutral ground there.)
    (III) While the most recent old map with borders had you and Narlox bordering, they probably had to move Assnya to Narlox's previous ground due to your whining about your desert. Or, might be perhaps that Assnya were supposed to have those lands. Uncertain about which, as I do not want to research about 20~ or so pages again.
    (IV) ...Even in the old one it didn't border you except for some mountain borders which exist in this version of the map as well.
    (V) In reference to the old map you would have a border to Livalta, two to Malverion and one to Assnya. you were, from the start surrounded by mountains. As well as a border to Narlox.
    (VI) You. Were. Always. Enclosed. In. Mountains. (Also, yes it is supposed to. By the old, and the new.)
    (VII) ...I don't know if you're that bad at strategics or if you're just trolling half the time. I can list a few reasons for it. 1) Assnya has no interest in your next to useless sand, Malverion doesn't give a care in the world for your useless sand. You live in an era where sand is generally treated as worthless, even today it is treated as such, most of the time.

Whilst you have a certain control of your land's ecology. It is ultimately the creators of the world to decide how it is shaped.
    • This This x 1
  5. NikolaT.

(1)
    not it didnt
    (2)
    there was a huge gap between them of neutral territory != boarder
    (3)
    I have no problem with them having desert, I just wasn't willing to share the one i was in. If I already life in the least attractive biodome, I at least desire to have it for my own
    (4)
    There was a boarder
    (5)
    now thats how many boarders, I know you are stuck in pre school so let me help you, thats 4 you mention and somehow 4 is less then the current 2, from which one shouldn't even exist.
    (6)
    there is a small, but very upsetting difference between having mountains all around you and beeing entrenched by them
    (7)
    you of all people acuse me of trolling? I guess the mighty chaos god erethar is displeased by my actions.
    I already said and I am repeating myself just for you originally I thought there was more then an ounce of water in the region and the surroundings.
    In the current state a none nomadic society isn't capable of surviving in this territory, but that doesn't mean i play that
  6. NailBigGreen

NailBigGreen ZUBATMAN Brigand

This is the most current political map that isn't our current one.

tSM3QoV.jpg
    (I) As you can clearly see. In between the mountains and to the right if Aysana was moved to cover previous Narlox territory due to your desert whining... You would still. Be. Bordering. Them.
    (II) A huge gap in borders can mean many things. It could mean a neutral zone in which the cities has a trade city, or they could be unable to maintain that position without wasting too many resources, or it could be too dangerous for either to possess. In any of these cases it is still a border. Also, a mountain. Is called a Mountain Border, so technically you do border Pheonix Empire. Just not in the way you want apparently.
    (III) Then. Don't whine about not being bordering to Narlox anymore. You had a choice there to make. Have a guaranteed border with Narlox+Aysana (best choice you could make as a trader TBH) or have a chance of having either Narlox+Aysana or just Aysana.
    (IV) Aysana was in the way of Pheonix Empire before, the only reason you border them now is because Aysana moved into previous Narlox. Causing you to be granted a mountain border.
    (V) You have 4 borders if we count mountain borders. 2 if we count passable land borders. To Malverion and Aysana. One due to your whining. Don't whine if you can't handle the result of your whining.
    (VI) You could clearly see the mountains when picking your place. Your choice.
    (VII) Please keep out of topic things out of the topic. Also, you chose that place. The biggest water sources were seen when you picked. You would have the least amount of water. Stop blaming others for your own fault. Also, we got to know the amount of water roughly when we picked places.
  7. PureFunnyDeath

PureFunnyDeath

Will also note that in regards to being "entrenched" by mountains in the newer map it is noted by crawlers in that same post that just because there are mountains, it does not mean they are impassible. Mountain passes are a thing.
  8. NikolaT.

yes i will think of that when i consider my next elephant invasion

9. ProtectronOfLove

ProtectronOfLove

It's been stated numerous times that the mountains are generally similar to the Appalachians at the joints, and like the Rockies in the center of each strand.

Also Nik, you did whine. A lot.
  10. NikolaT.

Trust me thats not whining when I start whining you will know.