1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The World of Casus (OOC)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Room' started by crawlers, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Bram51warcraft

Bram51warcraft Lore Nerd Brigand Map Maker

but the schip is stranded and can't even make warpjumps.

But I guess we could fix it , by using the human webway instead of warp travel
  2. crawlers

crawlers The Golden Spider Lord

Webway is another feature that probably only exists in the universe that you came from.

The basic idea is that running into the "edge" of the warp is what bumped your ship outside the universe it was in, and it simply got dragged along with the magic outflow and wound up here. No intact FTL system required.

Funny thing is that the Tau method of FTL would probably still work in this world.

Edit: bram, may we talk in steam? It goes far faster than here.
  3. balnazzar.

balnazzar. Chemical Brotherhood Brigand

Crawler has asked me to post why my bots are here on this world.
    1. Observation: Truly, new worlds like this with such low tech from the natives are bound to become dust balls and conquest for powerful things outside of this world. Yet the faction knows that never ends well and mostly end up becoming a bare knuckle brawl between the various factions.
    2. Spying: With the world becoming a dust ball of brawling, it allows this faction to keep tabs on the new runners up and new powers.
    3. Research: As I briefly touched upon there may be new things it hasn't seen so of course researching and preparing future countermeasures is something they like to do. They wouldn't mind stealing new tech as well.
    4. Conquest: For various reasons of heat and other things conquest is in fact a rarity, now a days, for this faction. It only deemed if the planet is discovered to have some grand worth. The world will NEVER become this as of now. Conquering this world as of right now is so costly . . . I am not sure how to put it in words.
    5. Manipulation: This faction wants to continue gaining worth out of these worlds so continuing these brawl knuckle brawls is beneficial. They will send a unit nick named Manipulation Units to work in the shadows to continue the jobs of spying, observing, manipulating, and researching. Sometimes conquest but this isn't the objective here.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  4. Bram51warcraft

oke that sounds fine
  5. crawlers

6. Bram51warcraft

i'm on my laptop don't got no steam
  7. crawlers

@Bram51warcraft

Alright then. I will try to tell you here what I suggest for balance. This is assuming that you have agreed that your warp will not involve any time manipulation.

Option 1:

The ship has entered the universe and will make a pass near the world, but has too much speed to stay in orbit, meaning it will get sent back out again. There is still a good deal of time to unload materials, and the techpriests could steer the ship using what is left of the engines (they are sufficiently far away that only a small course correction is required, which can be done before the engines burn out) to make a crash landing instead of drifting out of the universe, but this will not be survivable as the speed is way too high. However, some craft can still get off the ship and bring whatever they can, just as last time. The rough trip has still ensured that a good deal of the equipment is destroyed and a sizable chunk of the crew is dead. Since most of the damage was around the outside of the ship, this means that the drop pods and hangars are quite badly damaged.

Option 2:

The ship while traveling universes drifted into a particularly dark and foreboding region, but were shoved off in a new direction. Unfortunately in the process and object has hit the ship, and is slowly disabling and destroying it. However, it does not seem to be a particularly intelligent device, as it has managed to blow off the half of the ship that it is on and then proceeded to destroy what was left of it. The explosion has knocked the device into a course out of the universe. The ship is in orbit, but is terribly damaged, much of the equipment is destroyed, and most of the crew is dead. The ship's systems still have tampering from the device and malfunctions and accidents still occur frequently.

If you can think of a better solution, do tell. This is just a rough sketch of a story that I made quickly without much detail. That can be filled in as needed; this should be enough to get the general idea across.
  8. Bram51warcraft

If the damage would be that terrible , Could I have my entire chapter rather than 1 company then
  9. crawlers

The purpose of this is to ensure you are not an invading army, but survivors. Enough to claim some territory, but not enough to take over the world. A handful of space marines that survive might already be too many, since this is already quite a bit beyond what balnazzar. has in terms of power level, and you would be able to bring more aid as well. Increasing your power will just mean I have to make even worse things happen.

I also really dislike doing what I said in above sentence. I should not need to do this but I cannot think of any other way to make this work. The main power should be the natives, not the outsiders.
  10. Bram51warcraft

Fine then.
    I retract my sheet to make your moderation of your rp easyer.
    Good luck