1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Third War reborn 0.01

Discussion in 'The Third War' started by Skillerino, May 1, 2018.

1. Skillerino

Skillerino one fool once told me have faith in humanity

Ladies and gentlemen we introduce you to our first channelog hopefully you will like it and if you will have any feedback feel free to share it with us down below if you have any quick ideas what/why should change stay tuned up as this is prob. not the final form some stuff might be added and will have note:NEW also don´t expect this map to be balanaced from now on we can´t do everything in one patch but thanks for feedback anway and also @Julian has made a new loading screen for Third War with this also i would like to ask @Arlt @Harald @ZeroFlotsie @Spampolice we have heard that BotR has their account on MMH could we perhaps add acces to it or could you guide us how to make a new in order to publish our map on it? Sorry for bothering you but this help would be appreciated.
    For those who want to insult the map straight away for example that map suc** **** just give it a try and help us make it better after all insulting only gets you that far ;)

General changes:
    NEW:Some of the wc3 icons and models were either reduced or have been made into their wc3 original forms as we had to reduce the file size as much as possible to avoid crashes,when we have tried to dl the map thro ent we would get kicked we have been told that maybe it could be due to file size.
    All of the 500g upgrades have been temporarily disabled as they have helped quite well to reduce the file size and were causing some balance shinanigances.

Gold required for tiers has been increased
    Tier 1: 200 gold
    Tier 2:250 gold
    Tier 3:400 gold
    Most of the upgradeable items were removed and with it the upgradeable system as well
    Range demis stats were nerfed
    all elites got now hero dmg and hero armor
    Most of the units had cleaving attack removed
    A new command has been made to dissable spawns and re-enable them with -on/off
    All of th demis should have mana bar and their spells should cost mana
    Most of the HOTS references and heroes have been removed from the map
    several heroes have been tied to Buildings

RED:
    Lich king hero form: Hp regen has been increased
    anubarak lost spiked carapace and got now acid bomb
    thrones dark summon can now target heroes
    naxx tp mana got reduced from 100 to 50 but the tp time got increased now
    liches hp has been nerfed to 850 but now have gained hero armor
    changed kelthuzads healing wave to target now 6/8/10/12 units instead of 4/5/6/7

Blue
    :
    Dreadlords mana regen has been nerfed by 0.20
    howl of terror has replaced with dark blade
    guldan: his e summons are no longer magic immune
    his q damage on heroes has been nerfed from 10/15/20/25 % down to 2/5/10/15%
    blackrock grunts gained now 1.20 mana reg instead of 1.00
    More units were added to nether to make life of blue player a bit easier:2 felguards 3 eredar warlocks and 2 nether drakes
    Fel guards have been buffed
    You will keep grunts after summoning the legion and will gain fel guards as bonus
    fel hounds matriach's war plating and devour magic have been removed
    Archimonde´s aura now buffs attackspeed
    Tichondrious flaming orb has -10s cd on every lvl
    Malganis life drain ability has been replaced with Silence
    NEW:Malganises silence now lasts on units 12/16/20/24 and 8/10/12/15 on heroes and has AOE is 200/275/350/350
    Temple´s AOE has been decreased from 400 to 300

Purple:
    uther is now meele hero
    His E now summons units instead of being dark arrow kind of spell
    garithos is now tier 3 hero mastery you get calia when capital falls
    Garithos has got now Scarlet Trance instead of holy light
    calia got now holy light instead of scarlet trance
    demi garithos has been removed
    uther is now tied to the capital City
    When forming SC now you will get normal amount of spawns instead of -2

Orange:
    Jaina releases now more blizzard waves but the dmg has been reduced
    Jainas ultimate ice queen bonus blizzard waves have been removed
    Lorthemar´s starfall has been replaced with command aura
    NEW:Antonidas has been tied to Violet Citadel
    NEW:lesser firelords hp has been decreased and lava spawn has been removed
    rhonins deathsheep has been nerfed to 800hp down from 2000
    zeratuls shadow on the council of six has been renamed to Mass invisibility

Dark green:

the tower of azora has gained now brilliance aura
    reginald has lost his devotion aura
    varian has gained a new aura a command aura increasing the damage of the units does not affect yellow
    lvl 1 5% lvl 2 10% lvl 3 20% and lvl 4 30%
    NEW:varian has been tied to Stormwind
    Yellow:
    Thanes have gained +200 hp
    one gnomish factory has been removed from menethil harbour
    Muradin: firebreath has been replaced with shockwave and blinding cloud has been replaced with cleaving attack
    gryphon riders have gained cloud
    falstads xp boost has been reduced by -200 on all lvls
    2 warriors and 1 riflemen and 2 towers were added to northen side of Thelsamar
    NEW:skybreaker has gained now pierce attack
    NEW:Magni has been tied to Ironforge
    NEW:
    gnomish terminator´s collision size has been increased and they now give xp upon dying at enemy hands
    thanes and magni have gained two diffrent models

Green:
    zuldare spawns only 1 second war veteran now
    Nefarian will now always spawn at lvl 6 and is unrevivable
    you no longer loose nekrosh when you summon chogall or deathwing
    the fortress in outland changed owner to teal and the dark horde hall has been removed
    the drakkari, gurubashi and shatterspear event has been removed
    you need to summon now chogall first to get deathwing
    warlocks have gained twilight magi´s dispell and the twilight magi have gained now devour magic
    blackwing spellbinders have gained hero armor
    chromatic dragons and black dragons have gained heavy armor and their hp has been reduced by -200
    NEW:Rend has been tied to Blackrock
    New: Dragonmaw port is now obtainable after clearing all of the creeps in the area
    NEW:If you accept lvl 4 and above of corruption you will be unallied from teal permanently.
    NEW:rends endurance aura has been reduced to 3/5/8/10 %
    NEW:magram marauder´s speed has been increased

Teal:
    fel matriach has been made into a normal unit and her stats have been reduced
    butcher removed has been removed(if you have any suggestion with who to replace him and mby even skillset we are all ears)
    magtheridon now gets only +2 lvl from absorbing nordrassil
    fel maw only spawns 1 unit now
    NEW:magtheridon has been tied to Black Temple now
    NEW: Maghteridon is now classified as UD (we might make other demons into UD if people will demand it)

Pink:
    sergeant doomhammer has been removed
    Drekthar´s healing wave has been nerfed
    thrall is tied to ogrimmar
    bladmaster´s stats have been reduced
    lesser firelords hp have been nerfed and his lava spawns have been removed
    grom has gained bladestorm instead of hellscream as new W counts for the bloodpact version too
    stonemaul magi can attack air
    sealing the ashenvale pass has been removed
    transmute on tinkers has been removed and has been replaced with repair ability
    kodos gained mana bar and mulgore pie costs mana now
    the goblin tier 2 mastery does now only give +10 gold reduced from +30
    garrosh demi/hero has been removed for now
    thralls healing rain got range reduced to 900 down from 1200
    NEW:Huffer is no longer a permanent unit but a summon as well

Grey:
    you need now 300 blood to summon hakkar
    you now get 3/5/8/10 % attackspeed from cairnes endurance aura
    voljin is now tied to darkspear hold
    going hakkari over shadow of the darkspear path will now remove bwonsamdis totem and voljin bonus stats he got was reduced to 10 down from 20
    voodoo zombies now cost 10 gold
    ghazranka´s stats have been reduced
    NEW: Spirit Walker´s spirit link now costs 50mana down from 75

Brown:
    lunara has been removed
    malfurion is tied to nighthaven now
    tortolla got now only 2000 health
    awaking malfurion event got moved to moonglade so you dont have to fight through the orcs to get malfurion
    all murloc units got +200 health
    NEW:Brightwing has been removed and as a replacament we have added Broll Bearmantle
    Broll´s skillset Imma keep it simple(i´ve got more creative ideas but yeah we can´t affrod that not at least right now as we need to keep the file size where it is perhaps even decrease it but i´m afraid that won´t be possible withot removing some good events etc BUT if you´ve got any good ideas feel free to share them! :-) So Q:Entangle,W:Small AOE heal,E:armor buffs,R:Avatar

Light blue:
    normal illidan has gained mana burn instead of death from below
    Possibility to empower Ilidan has been removed
    tyrande is tied to auberdine now
    the first moonwell is now limited to 1
    the first moonwell´s hp have been halfed to 1000 and mana regenration has been reduced to 30
    2 more battleships have been added to auberdine

Creep changes:
    the bandits at twilight highlands left the area
    dragonmaw usurper will give now +50 gold when killed
    a tinker was added to booty bay

Item Changes:
    gorehowl does now +20 damage the agility bonus got removed

Third War Reborn Team
    • Like Like x 4
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
  2. Lunelune

Lunelune Known double post Inquisitor, and Heretic caller. Brigand

Now with the HotS reference being removed, is it time for the other movie references? (Like the Gnome terminators)
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei GirlGamer BTW Shaman Map Maker

Lunara, Brightwing and Murky are canon characters as per Legion although they defiently don’t deserve to be heroes. I suggest making them demi-heroes (Creep in Murkys case) or an event demi hero.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Excalibur

Excalibur

Wait for this release.
  5. Harald

Harald Loremaster Shaman Map Maker

• Like Like x 1
  6. Skillerino

Well have removed both Lunara,Brightwing but we have decided to keep Murky as we we weren´t quite sure with who to replace him. Idk about making Lunara nor Brightwing into demis but we will see perhaps we will end just doing what u´ve suggested.
    Well hopefully we should be able to release map in 1-3days from now on :-)
    Also i´ve updated channelog as stated previously stay tuned for possible changes
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
  7. Sukramo

Sukramo The Sane Map Maker

Nice to see work came along. I will probably have a fair bit to say, but initially I see some things:

1. It seems Green was buffed with 1 extra hero on full old god. He was due for nerfs. Nefarian nerf is good though. As for green actually gaining the

2. Tying heroes to certain buildings in an outdated and unfun mechanic. It promotes base aim while adding little of value. Players will be defeated whether they can revive Antonidas or not. Its just an additional sense of loss to kick an already down player.

Most logical pink hero replacement for Hammer is Tinker (Gazlowe.)

No LB empowered Illidan means Orange can and will steal him with no counter play. Sad :(

Speed aura is kind of Varians thing for a decade. Seems harsh to change him that much. His squad was always about speed. I also noticed inconsitent nerfing to spawns in that teal spawns less units but dg does not.

In order to produce effectivly you need atleast 2 production buildings. Removing 1 factory from Menethil makes it a pretty irrelevant base for fighting North EK and forces peopel to build an extra building.

Silence of mal'ganis combined with silence on temple of sargeras sounds like a nightmare. Life drain suits him to sustain more.

And Broll does? Hes just another boring druid compared to unique dryad and fairie dragon heroes.
    Last edited: May 3, 2018
  8. Skillerino

Response starts with red word and ends in one as well my phone was trolling me hard so this is as much as i can do
    Anyway i will post broll's skillset today but we had to keep it simple since we had to reduce file size but more about it later today.
  9. Sukramo

Sukramo The Sane Map Maker

Dont use the 0.1 numbering system for versions, it impleis the map is in a beta state. Use the wow path system, 1.12 being the final vanilla patch and 2.4 being sunwell for example. I left off at 1.36 so your first version should be 2.01

And move the map out of the dead/inactive section.

Problem with green dosent neccesarily come from Old God path being too strong, it comes from teal+ near old god path green being too strong. Make them enemies for longer or randomly turn enemies for a short while.

People only run away from their starting zones after they lose. Whther they escape with Orange hero squad with or without Antonidas dosent matter all that much. Most people will even leave as they lose without even triggering their second chance. I simply dont see any good side to having it sicne the elites are already restricted to the building, and in some cases air units too I tihkn.

I've always been against the classification of Demons as undead. Mostly due to it feeling strange. I know some maps do it and its not the wierdest thing in the world but I feel it should be consistant. If Maggy is undead, all demons in the map should be undead. Or rename it Undead/demon or just "evil".

Most heroes have an ability that is inferior to attribute bonus. Mal'ganis depends on how you play him, life drain fits his intended tank role more than silence.
    Last edited: May 3, 2018
  10. Lunelune

Lunelune Known double post Inquisitor, and Heretic caller. Brigand

@Harald @Arlt
    • Like Like x 1