1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Third War reborn 0.01

Discussion in 'The Third War' started by Skillerino, May 1, 2018.

1. Talinn

Talinn Map Maker

You're not presenting the data correctly.

The question was "what do you hate most about the Third War?". Each of those words in that question is important, even though hate is a strong word. "Most" is an important word because people may hate more than one thing. For example I disliked the hots references and the HotS references so it is difficult to choose.

You're acting like the question is "Which of the following features would you like to see changed?" That was not the question.

You'll note that a portion of people voted that the feature they hated most in The Third War was...the third war.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Sukramo

Sukramo The Sane Map Maker

Burden of proof. Without solid evidence that Lunara in particular was targeted, there is no indication that she is a problem, and therefore no logical reason to remove her. Occam's razor states that the most probably hate was towards the most visible and out of place hero, Sgt Doomhammer. All in all the feedback is too untargeted and cannot possibly be used to justify: "the majority demands Lunara gone, so it must be done!".

All in all that thread was (as usual) very low on actual feedback on why people "hate" the map. And if people seriously consider HOTS references a bigger problem than balance....those votes are either joke votes or the map is actually remarkably balanced.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
  3. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Sukramo i undestand ur point. And its good that u notice it to skillerino, once or even twice. But not once and again like a ramming hammer. U explained ur point, now accept skillerino decisión.

All the conver have been:
    Readd lunara
    No
    But she is in legion
    No
    And now in hs too
    No
    But she is a cool hero
    No
    But she fits as agi ranged hero
    No
    The daughter of cenarius Rulz!
    No
    You are so mean, listen to me
    No
    You are wrong, do what i want
    No
    I allow u to delete butcher, but keep lunara
    No
    If people doesnt want hots references doesnt matter
    No
    People who doesnt vote means i can say they support my point of view
    No

(repeat till skillerino bends the knee)
  4. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei High Priestess of Elune Shaman Map Maker

Sukramo you also gave up the map to them, now you respect their decisions, its their map now.
    • This This x 1
  5. Sukramo

I will use my right to debate changes that are not rooted in any sort of view point that can be defended. If you cant respect my right to free speach to talk about a map on that maps forum, then you have a problem. So long as no other posts on the matter were made, I was done talking about it, atleast for a month or so, but they were new posts, so here we are. I am not spamming, only talking to new posts on the matter by other people. My point has been made, but I am well withing my rights to respond to new posts disagreeing with me.

There is still no given reason that holds up to scrutany for the Lunara removal. The only reason given is based on a public demand that has never been demonstrated at all. Imagine if 1 million british were polled, voted and 22% of them wanted to revoke Brexit, and Brexit didnt happen based on that "overwhelming national public demand for stopping brexit". What a fucking meltdown that would cause.

The decision should be reverted or retried to establish if there actually is a demand for the removal of Lunara. Or the developers should come out and argue why they think Lunara dosent work (which nothing thus far implies that they even think that, it was a purely political decision to appease a percived non-existant demand)

This is good governanace 101.
  6. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

The thing is, he doesnt need ur aproval or urs to delete lunara. He can just say "i delete it cause my balls demands it". And its done.

He is doing a lot of changes for the first versión, allow him to work freely and delete lunara if he wants.

Once people test it, if they prefered the previous version and start to say they miss lunara, u will have facts and right to say "i told u mate". And he will have easier to add her back.

Cause nowadays, its just ur opinion agaisnt his. Since that poll is worthless, the only true result of that poll was "no one cares a shit about this map". So... Lets allow skillerino to change it freely and see if that makes people more interested on it. Then discuss about lunara, balance, etc
    • This This x 1
  7. Julian

Julian true warchief

im editing too FeelsBadMan :D
    and @Sukramo question why is lunara so important to you her lore is Zero she only appears in WoW or hearthstone to promote HOTS to others
    • This This x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Sukramo

Its absolutly his right to delete Lunara if he wants, and if he has a good reason for removing/changing something, I wont even debate it with him since I respect his preferences. But he dosent actually personally want to remove Lunara, he thinks that there is a massive community that hates Lunara out there and hes doing it for them. And thats simply not true. Editing based solely on incorrect facts is a recipie for disaster.

Lunara is an optional part of the map that has never recived any direct complaints, never caused any issues and isnt malfunctioning. Its not the most advanced hero I've made or far from the strongest.

But shes a fun option that fits brown well since he dosent have and range AGI hero and she fits his squad too. I just dont see any complelling reason at all for getting rid of her. Do I need more? She can co-exist with Broll for brown choice too, thats like 15 min extra triggering and its done.

The map is simply less interresting with her gone and completly replaced by a hero with another entangling roots.
  9. Lunelune

Lunelune Known double post Inquisitor, and Heretic caller. Brigand

What about that MMH release? xd
  10. Julian

Julian true warchief

not sure maybe MMH doesent accept but skillerino did send map so i dont know of that now

[QUOTE="Sukramo, post: 123052, member: 1512"

But shes a fun option that fits brown well since he dosent have and range AGI hero and she fits his squad too. I just dont see any complelling reason at all for getting rid of her. Do I need more? She can co-exist with Broll for brown choice too, thats like 15 min extra triggering and its done.

The map is simply less interresting with her gone and completly replaced by a hero with another entangling roots.[/QUOTE]

ok maybe roots on broll can be replaced but the map is not going to be less fun because of lunara removed and does Brown really Need a range AGI hero? like on most games i played no one did even bother to pick lunara so i didnt think People are going to miss her