1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial: Modifying Terrain Pathability (No extra programs needed)

Discussion in 'Map Making' started by Woodenplank, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Map Maker

Yes my dear Fawful. You must create a folder called 'war3.mpq' and move the TerrainArt folder inside of it.
    https://imgur.com/a/HTUQYFu
    I've been thinking of cleaning up and updating Wooden's post and posting it over the hive (giving due credit of course). That way if there's any changes in the future that affect it again they can help make any corrections needed and we can keep that post current.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Burn it! Website Admin

Yeah that actually worked out for me, so leaving it to @Woodenplank to update the first post, while considering what Hannibal wrote.
    Never would have guessed that a folder needs to be named after the mpq.
  3. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei ❄️ Holiday Hoe ❄️ Shaman Map Maker

Woodenplank left forever remember.

Just edit it yourself xd
    • This This x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. B-Roy7

B-Roy7 Nostalgic

You got it to work EmperorFawful? I followed all the steps and cant get it. My regedit does not have an "allow local files" option. But all the variable are marker with (1) as they should be. C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\war3.mpq\TerrainArt here is the location of the Terrain.slk. Am i doing something wrong?
  5. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Does anyone know if there are any third party programs that do this yet? Because this looks really complicated and alot of hassle just to get pathing working o_O
  6. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

What part do you dont understand? Its quite simple, i did it for my map in 3 mins: 1 to check wich is the terrain, 1 to change the value and 1 to charge the map to see if it worked :D

If you need any help or have some doubt mp me, i will be glad to be the one helping for one time :p
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Krotos

Krotos The Lore Judge. Brigand Map Maker

There's HiveWE on Hiveworkshop that can do this for you but any changes applied have to be done once you finish editing anything else as opening the map back up in the editor will overwrite HiveWE's pathability settings.
  8. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

That is what I was hoping for thankyou :-)
  9. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Doing it with Wooden tutorial makes pathing work and you can open it in editor freely without changing it back again. Idk why would you like to use external tools that even give a worse outcome :/
  10. Krotos

Krotos The Lore Judge. Brigand Map Maker

Because doing it through HiveWE takes less than 20 seconds.
    • Informative Informative x 1