1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W:TW 3.2a Changelog/Download

Discussion in 'Warcraft: Total War' started by Hannibal, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Map Maker

Warcraft Total War 3.2a is now available for hosting on makemehost! Warcraft Total War 24 is available for download on epicwar!

File Name: WarcraftTW3.2a(12)

Download: Warcraft Total War 3.2a Download Link

WTW 24 Download: Warcraft Total War (24) 3.2a Download Link

Google Doc: Warcraft Total War 3.2a Changelog

[​IMG]

General Updates

A 24 player file will be released in parallel with all future patches! For more info see:
    Warcraft Total War 24

The Win Trigger’s first use has been updated to now give the player Deathwing! In addition researching the Veteran upgrades and using the actual win trigger now has on screen text.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Updates for player factions.

-Elites for every faction have been overhauled. Their third ability is available when the player has 200 kills and their fourth ability is available after 400 kills. Because their previous spells were placeholders I didn’t list all the before/after of the elites. Keeping track of the before/after of the 70 elites would be too tedious but it will likely be included with the individual Faction Threads. Suffice to say the elites all borrowed from a very small pool of spells. Now many of them have spells that are unique to that faction.

Here is a screenshot of the Silithid Ravager showing the kill requirements for the 3rd and 4th ability.

[​IMG]

*Note: I may drop it from 200/400 to 150/300.*

Images used for Hero Icons

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hour of Twilight

-Reduced the quest rewards.

Faction Selector

-Players are now given a special Scroll of Teleportation that has no Sell value.

-Players now receive the 1000 starting gold they are supposed to.

Editor’s Notes:

This patch brings quite a few major things (WTW24, elite overhaul, win trigger updates) and somewhat signals the beginning of the focus on ‘Faction Exclusive’ content. Terrain is finally in an acceptable state and all these fancy systems and game modes becoming heavily debugged. The Eye of Sauron is now fixed on Faction work which starts with the Elite overhaul. Some faction work was done with heroes but that will be covered in their individual threads and continued for the next patch. I will also be working on Faction specific events/quests and events/quests players that are to be contested.

For 24 player I will likely be setting up a ‘host’ function that will allow the host to choose different parameters such as team size or max number of allies. Setting up a 12 vs 12 mode for example would be very easy.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. LoboTron11

LoboTron11 Grandaster of the Shadow Council

A little bug I'm just checking right now, I'm "True Horde" and I still make Human Ships cause my race is human (My peon morphed into a human special builder when I upgraded him to the one who can make the temples and any other things)
    PD: World Bosses now spawn as allies (At least Onyxia does) until you move them, then become hostile
    I can heal Kor'kron War Zeppelins and give them boosts like "War Fever" (Bloodlust), bassically, you didn't made them mechanical units maybe?
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  3. Hannibal

Hannibal Map Maker

I'll look into True Horde's tech, and fix Onyxia's location bug. Were you testing the 24 mode?

All 35 Faction's Air units can be healed and is intentional at the moment. Many factions do have more fitting unit be healed such as drakes, eagles, and other organic units. That's not to say the mechanical air units (zeppelins) can be classified as mechanical at some point. I would want to make sure there was a coherent, consistent approach for it though. Maybe the Mechanical Air will have 200 more Hit Points in addition to some Mercenaries being added with a spell based on Heal but for Mechanical units.

I hope MMH/ENT will support 24 players soon so I can just upload/host both version through them!
  4. LoboTron11

LoboTron11 Grandaster of the Shadow Council

Yeah, I was testing the 24p
  5. Hannibal

Hannibal Map Maker

ENT can now host 24 player maps! Got one with about 20 people was very fun but there was a few bugs to work out and I see what you were talking a bout with the ships! I'll have everything fixed tomorrow. Gonna spend a little time with this patch to at least get everything debugged before moving forward with Faction work!
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Vidovit

Vidovit Basileus Brigand Donator Harbinger of L:TA

I feel like early game = no gold; especially with all the players roaming around.. like i had 6 cps against a similar dude and we both had heavy casualties which took me a long ass time to recover.
    It's not like i can skip that dude as he was in my way (i held the world three and he was in felwood)
    At least in FFA
  7. Hannibal

Hannibal Map Maker

Thanks for the feedback. Ill be uploading a new version in about 8 hours. Ive already included 3 tech per turn as a baseline for 24 players and maybe will do the same for gold. Perhaps 20 per turn? It will be easy to adjust but i think thats a good starting point. Also the Arcane Anomalies will last till turn 10. Up from turn 5. So players have time to TP out after the Pax expires.
  8. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Hey Hannibal, I think you should do something with the way faction swapping works. Currently you can only switch factions if you ahve the relevant capital, which sounds good on paper but in reality its very restrictive and reduces chances of people making a comeback. Most of the time people will switch faction if they die, but if your dead you are unlikely to still ahve any capitals meaning you cant do anything, the only option left is to leave game...

I failed in my last game and wanted to carry on playing as another faction but couldnt, so players are leaving despite the fact they'd actually like to stay. I understand you dont want people endlessly switching between factions, so why not let anyone choose another faction from the cool lil minimap thing at the bottom? But have a 15 minute timer between faction switches, so people cant use up 3 factions in 5 minutes.

The huge abundance of factions is, in my opinion this games main selling point so I'd make the most of it and make it more available to players. Capitals are already important enough as lumber generating centres.

Also, how come factions start off in a boat and not in their appropriate lore positions? If I chose Illidari I should start off in tempest keep, not in a boat, it seems to break immersion how any faction can dump itself anywhere on the map. I would also like to start with atleast 1 pre-made base, but I know this would be difficult with so many factions alreayd ingame and will be very time consuming to change.

I started off with 3 heroes, maybe start factions off with just 2 but let players gain an additional hero through an upgrade or event?

another point:
    - Terrain seems kinda cluttered to me, maybe reduce doodad scaling and get rid of the trres that dot the middle of paths. Theres a lot of trees.
    - Maybe allow workers to harvest lumber? theres currently nothing to use them for other than making buildings. Maybe add a gold-lumber trading system like in LTA?
    - My hero has random items like place guard tower and 1 worker (all 1 time use). Each hero should have an item to summon 3 workers and a 1 time use summon townhall.

Anyway these are just my opnions, game has alot of potential and hope the feedbacks useful :-)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Vidovit

Vidovit Basileus Brigand Donator Harbinger of L:TA

well the point is that all have an equal start and start from the same location so with druids you can go in stormwind, tho i went with the roleplay thing and went to the three.
    I do agree about a base once you take the first capital as resources are scarce! altho i think i made the mistake of buying all my elites first which was 700 gold.

the worker is annoying as an icon so you have to make it patrol, that's my only complaint about it.

As for switching, maybe one 2nd chance tops because the game does clear from 24 players to half in the first 10 minutes so any people that want to stay should be encouraged + the people that didn't switch have a head start.
  10. Hannibal

Hannibal Map Maker

I definitely appreciate the feedback! I'll do my best to address the points you raised beyond what Vidovit said. :-)

In regards to losing early on in patch 2.0 I added 'Last Chance' feature which has been dubbed by some the Wisp of Memes.
    http://www.brigandshaven.net/threads/last-chance-surrender-en-masse.4535/

It allows you at any point to abandon your faction and become an invulnerable invisible wisp that has some useful abilities for raising armies. The Wisp also qualifies as a 'Faction Leader' so you can use it to swap into any faction that is not currently occupied (or thanks to the recently added Faction Remover system you can boot a Faction from a Leaver). If you're in a 24 player game and are the first to go Last Chance memeing there would be still be 12 unoccupied factions. I usually summons a few round of mercs hidden somewhere on the map then float over to an unoccupied faction capital and recall the units on top + summon the siege golems and you can take a faction capital pretty quickly. This makes it more or impossible to die in the map until someone uses the Win Trigger.
    http://www.brigandshaven.net/threads/veni-vidi-vici-the-win-trigger.4151/

The Faction Selector mode where you start with the boat and such is a recent addition that happened to be compatible with 24 players. I've kind of been wrapped up with making game mode after game mode and coming up with coherent game play for them but I've been having the most fun doing that. I do need to get back to the core map updating factions, mercenaries, capture mechanics, and terrain. Once the map is further along in those categories creating a up-to 24 player preset map wouldn't actually be very hard to do (and actually sounds really fun).

In terms of starting off with 1 less hero then adding another one I set up the map to have capturable mechanics that certainly give you the toolkit exceeding more than a hero. Alexstrasza, Kaelcgos, Ysera, Nozdormu, Nefarian, Ragnaros, Therazane, Neptulon, and Al'akir are all capturable and can all teleport to any unit (or in the case of Elemental Lords to any point). There are also Mercenaries (who still need lots of work), but essentially players can build their forces based on where they build up. Someone who captures the South Eastern Kingdoms will have Ragnaros, Alexstrasza, Nefarian, Defias, Hakkari Priests, the Black Dragonflight, and the Gurubashi at their disposal.

Regarding your last 3 points: Terrain it's something I've been wanting to sink my teeth into for some time but am trying to push it back to keep me motivated to refine the triggers and debug the map first. Lumber has been replaced with a 'Tech' system which requires killing bosses, capturing capitals/Old Gods, or buying Tomes of War. Before 3.0 everyone just got 10 Welfare tech per turn but the system only changed once from Welfare->Present. So it still has a lot of room for improvement (which I do have plans for). Similar to the tech system the Faction Selector mode has hardly gone though any evolution other than a small leap or 2. I'll definitely buff their starting items though, the Town Hall thing was my first idea but I will have to trigger it and the workers are already triggered so I just put those in the meantime. I think a Scroll of TP, 1 Town Hall (Summons 3 workers too), 1 Barracks, 1 Auxiliary unit producer (Spirit Lode, Arcane Sanctum, etc) would be perfect. I'm thinking of merging Heal/Mana pots and making them stackable up to 3 anyways, so they would get one of those as well.

Sorry for the walls of text, I've rambled enough but kept getting distracted and coming back to type this. :p Glad to see a renowned mapper such as you self offer feedback on the map. I too feel the map has barely tapped its potential in many categories. You know how mapping goes though, limited by time, motivation, and whats fun to do in the map! I will say I have no more immediate plans for new Game Modes and will have much more time/energy improving whats there!