1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

War for Britain (map project)

Discussion in 'Custom Projects' started by Elbadruhel, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Szons

Szons

"Thats the point of britons betraying make Red weaker, force him to betray too. So teal has the option to imorision merlin to fuck Red so he had to accept to join teal in cristhian team. But yes, the buffs Red gets from being cristhian will be less than the nerfs he gets from losing as briton, Since this is a second chance path."

So there come problem "why teal should weak red if he will join him in not so long future" red should get benefits for being alone or after loosing teal as ally there is no better way then betraying brown (if he is still your ally).

Well im to tired to write more atm. so I hope this is enough.
    BTW I made account 1 month ago, but was reading forum for almost half year :p.
  2. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Cause when Red goes cristhian he loses merlín (pagan wizzard/druid) anyway. So teal doesnt mind to vanish merlín if he is going to betray, Since merlín will never be in cristhian Red. And vanishing him u remove Red hope to being able to stay alone.

About Brown, once teal betrays, Brown could betray soon too, in fear of Red betraying and leaving him alone. So idk why Red should get benefits.

The idea of the map is that when a faction loses, they join other team, making teams snowball slowly, bringing all 12 players from start to end of the game, With a great 6 vs 6 war. So People wont leave once they lose in Early and game wont be full of leavers. Also, if a player is rushed at Early, he wont be Anger and frustrated, cause he knows he Will Still able to win if planes fine With his New faction.

Here u have a summary of the betrayals that factions can do:

Green: irish (gael) - > Dublin (viking)
    DG: scots (gael) - > the isles (viking)
    Brown: comer (briton) - > northumbria (saxon) - > York (viking)
    Red: camelot (briton) - > Wales (cristhian)
    Orange: saxon (saxon) - > england (cristhian)
    Yellow: angles (saxon) - > danelaw (viking)
    Teal: armorica (briton) - > brittany (Cristhian)
    Blue: West Franks (cristhian)
    Lb: east franks (cristhian)
    Purple: jutes (viking) - > denmark (cristhian)
    Pink: danes (viking)
    Gray: norse (viking)

As u can see, the two late game teams have two core factions that will never betray that team. They should try to get New member for the team as much as posible.
    Other teams should try to survive and get their own objectives at start, before this two teams snowball and force them to join them.
    Brown is the faction With more betrayals available, but he is also in a Hard position, surrounded by gaels, saxons and vikings. So he Will need this to have a chance infame (and will make teams to fight for him too).

There are more paths ingame, but those paths are upgrades, not betrayals. For example:

Angles to mercia
    Saxons to wessex
    W. Frankish to frankia
    E. Frankish to teutonic
    Norse to norwey
    Scots to alba
    Britons to camelot
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

@Arlt This thread shouldnt be moved to Custom Projects? It is being developed but is still not able to be played. Its not just an idea to other to developt it. I think this fills the requisites :D
  4. Arlt

Arlt High King Website Admin

Agreed.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Ok guys i was delayed a bit due to the change of the thread from one forum to another. But Artl fixed it quickly. So here we have:

Food Production System Review

Food is your basic resource ingame, u will need it to recruit units and to make some upgrades. But how to get it? You will have different options, the systems is simple but hard to master. Since whoever starts playing will be able to have food, but only a master will know wich way is better for his faction or his situation. Or how to destroy enemy food system... I will explain it:

• Creeping.
    At the start of the game, will be neutral units around the map (creeps), whenever u kill one of them, u get some food from it. Like looting his backpack, hunting animals, etc. This will give a starting power up for players who manage to move faster and take the creeps of the map.​

• Farming.
    You can upgrade a Warehouse into a Granary. Granary creates crops around him and protect the land from being razed. You can build farms in the crops with your peasants and then, put a peasant inside a farm to make it produce food for you.
    + The safest way to product food since to stop it the enemy needs to destroy the farms.
    + Peasants are protected from raiders since they work inside the farm.
    + Your enemy needs to destroy the granary to being able to raze the land and dont allow u to build farms again there once he leaves. So u have time to react.

- You need a lot of space to build a granary and farms around it. If u have not enough space for building some farms it wont be worth.
    - This system is the most expensive, since u will need to build a granary and lots of farms.
    - While all the buildings are being built u cant use your peasants to do other things, so you lose time producing elsewhere with them.

• Breeding.
    You can build Barns. There u can produce sheeps and breed this sheeps in your barn to produce money.
    + This needs the least amount of free terrain to work, you can place barns nearly everywhere.
    + You just need to build the barn with a peasant and then u can go to work elsewhere, just 1 building.

- You need to take a long time to have all the 5 sheeps created so they can be breed and have the barn producing at 100%.
    - Sheeps are vulnerable to raiders, your enemy can come in a fast attack, kill them and move away before u can react.
    • Fishing.
    You can build docks. In a dock u can recruit fishers, who will sail with their small boats to the sea and will be able to fish in certain areas where there are shoals.
    + You dont need fertile land or empty space to build this, just a coast.
    + You dont need to build a building where get food, just sail to the sea and take it from nature, so u can retreat and come again without losing anything.

- Your weak and slow fishing ships are vulnerable to enemy fleets.
    - The shoals are in certain areas, wich can be camped/protected. So u cant set them wherever u want/need them, and they have a limited number of allowed fishers.
    Summarizing:
    - Farms are more stable and defendible. But need a lot of workers building all the buildings needed and take time to do it. Then u can produce safely unless ur enemy comes and burns everything. But u can react to defend it. The bad point? U will need a lot of free land to build this. This sistem should be used by christian kingdoms in safe farmlands (frankish in france and briton/saxon in central england, ...).
    - Barns are easy to build and can be set wherever u want. This system is the more flexible one and u can use this whenever other thing fails. It produces a good amount of food and its quick and cheap to set. But its vulnerable to raids and if ur enemy destroys it u will need to wait nearly the whole process again till u have the cattle ready again. This can be used for everyone, but mostly factions in mountains and narrow areas with good defensive positions but few room to build (britons in wales, armoricans in armorica, scots in scotland, ...)
    - Fishing is the cheapest way to produce food, since u need nearly no building, just docks to produce the fishing ships, but in most cases u already start with docks built, so just recruit the boats and its done. But if u dont control the sea or u dont protect ur fishers, this food system will end bad, since ur fishing boats can be killed quickly and easily by enemy fleets. And u can fish only in certain areas, so the enemy will know where to look for u. This system should be used by factions with great fleets wich use to control the sea in their strategies (like irish in ireland see and viking factions in the north sea).

Hope you like the system!!! Any doubt, idea or suggestion, is welcome and will be answered!!

PD: This is not WIP. This have been already IMPLEMENTED, i just need to polish graphics, sizes, and those visual shits, but everything works as i want and i say here. If u want pics i could post some.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

I have been working in scotland, and i have to say that is smaller than i thought :D. But its fine, Since It will be mostly a battleground for gray (norse), Brown (cymry) and dg (scots). Most acción will happen in south scotland and england itself so i dont want to add top much power to north scotland área.

Im working in a cool combat system, thanks to @Woodenplank help It May become true, Since w3 vanilla editor dont allow much things and i had to implement other system of coding from the hive that he gave me. All Pray wooden :D

On the other hand, i have already done some cool spells for druid/wizzard heroes.

For leader/commander heroes i Will create some warcries according to its gameplay, like: "hold the lane!" to britons that increases allied unit defence.

If u have any idea or suggestion to any kind of skill, this is ur moment to tell me then!! If i think they are cool and fits some faction i Will add them to the map ;)
  7. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

NOTE: The dirt is not dirt, ingame looks different, much darker and gray.

Some new areas and other reworked to represent different climatic zones, imprive looking or have better pathing/gameplay:

South Scotland, with the Walls fo Adriane and Antonino. A Cymry zone (briton) that should be protected using those 2 walls, since small towns here have no walls.

upload_2017-12-16_14-42-20.png

North England: right south of the wall of Adriane we have the main bases of the Cymry, with Carlisle and Durham. From there, he should go quick to south to take the great ciy of York, what should become his capital (really strategic position). You can see also the "Living Forest" of Lancashire, brown stable choping point.

upload_2017-12-16_14-43-51.png

Central England: Here u can see Camelon and Leicester (Ratae) both start as neutral but will become the capitals of Britons and Mercians (angles). This area of Mercia has one of the widest fields to farm.
    upload_2017-12-16_14-52-12.png

South Wales: Lands to be in war between Britons and Irish. Have some small castles to give u income, but spare resources. You can also see the river Severn, one of the most important of Englad (and the map) that will allow raiders to sail inland to sack and plunder.

upload_2017-12-16_14-53-24.png
  8. Szons

Szons

I rly dont like the wall between north england and south scotland and imo Wales should have more trees, its look rly empty now. Also I was thinking if expanding this city in the middle of Wales to proper castle and make some fancy event with wouldnt be great :D? Propably not correctly with history but atm we got Merlin soo ...
  9. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Why u dont like the wall? You dont like its existence or how it looks like (the model)? The wall was there, i could remove the northren one, what was the one less fortified and made of mud and pallisades mostly. But the southern one was strong, safe, made of stone with tons of watch towers and pits, it has protection from south too. If u dont like the model and u give me a nice one of bigger wall i could change it.

Wales is not known for having woods, but i could add some more in the Ceredigion area (natural reserve), it is know for having mountains, specially north and center, and they are in :D. Also Wales have not "living wood" cause Briton one is in Somerset and i was planing to set Irish one in Ireland, but if i finally move the irish one to Wales, there will be more trees there.

Wich city in the middle of wales? In south wales u mean? Its just a small castle of a petty kingdom of wales. The bigger city in Wales is Wroexeter, aka Camelot. North of the river Severn (thats wales too). And ofc there will be events there. I have Merlin and Arthur ingame, but im not adding invented stuff, i just add historic things, even if that history is a bit... Mithologyc :D. But i didnt wrote it, its all data from ancient books, not my fault if british had wet dreams with romans and created mighty heroes there :p (and adding another big great caslte there could unbalance the map since Mercia capital and camelot are really close to it).

But i could add in the future a special castle related with the Grial that was set in Wales but is not said where it was exactly, so i could chose that one, but there are much more things to do before that.
  10. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

About Viking factions and the Holy Sites, i had this idea, give me ur feelings:
    - You conquer a Holy Site (marked with a church in the pics). U can ofer that place to a God with a runestone.
    - While u hold that runestone, ur elites get a new skill (maybe other units too).
    - If u lose that runestone, u lose that bonus. So u cant give one to a friend to exploit it.
    - U have some goods to chose from, but some of them are "oposites" so u cant have both as same time, like Odin-Helia for example (shethun idea :p).

You can suggest different gods and their related powers if u want :-)
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017