1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

War for Britain (map project)

Discussion in 'Custom Projects' started by Elbadruhel, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

About Combat System i have been working in the following (thanks for the help woodenplank):
    - Units have an armor type: infantry, heavy infantry, cavalry, heavy cavalry or built (buildings, sieges, boat,...). I may add others like Hero and unarmored (workers/casters) in the future.
    - Most units have mele or ranged attack, except casters who have magic one. This kinds of attack do 100% to everything except "Built" and I use different names just to some skills, like Magic inmunity or protection against arrows with shields.
    - Units can have bonus vs: Infantry, Cavalry, Heavy Armor or Buildings. For example, a spearman will have mele dmg and bonus vs cavalry, so he will do extra dmg vs horses.

This system is easy to learn but hard to master.
    - Easy to learn. Cause u dont need to learn all units attacks and armours. You just need to learn wich of ur units have bonus vs this or that kind of armor. And then u look at ur enemy: he is using cavalry, i recruit this one who has bonus against it; oh that one looks like a heavy armored swordman, ummm this one with armor pen. EASY! You just need to learn who ur faction works and how ur enemy looks like.
    - Hard to master. Cause u will need to learn ALL units from ur enemies to do the best counter to your enemy. Why? Cause the enemy can bring a horseman, but that horseman can have bonus vs Heavy Infantry, so to counter him the best as posible, u should use a unit with bonus vs cavalry... And no heavy armor!!

This way, everybody will be able to play the map really quick and enjoy it, dont getting frustrated with tons of numbers in attacks and armor types. But if u like the game, u will be able to improve A LOT learning the different factions rosters and their weak and strong points to counter them in every war!
  2. Szons

Szons Manetho's Heir

So there are some of my ideas about terrain changes:
    walles.png Central castle cna be used as Capital or for later path (Glar for example). This land there can be added if you will ver thinkg that Wales is to samall :p

wall.png
    I think wall will look better also more trees couse Scotland is really lackign of them compared to the England.

Leicester2.png
    I will make capital cities more intresting and better to defend, also moving 1 town more north to make more pleace for fight.

Combat system is good, it worked in many maps and will work there too and about Hero Armor type, you should add it if you think there will be to big opportunity to aim heroes.
  3. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Answering to sonzs:
    - That castle could be used in future grial quest related With two heroes.
    - Im making the map realistic, so i wont add extra land and i think It fits real one right now in wales área.
    - Since the wall is a continuous wall from west to east coast i think It represents It better if i keep the whole wall.
    - I can add more trees in that area, but have in mind that It the Mountains of the middle of south scotland (the are in the pic) there are tons of Stone ores, and one Stone gives more materials than... 5 trees? 10?
    - Since i added cymry living forest in south reged (lancashire area) i think i no longer need sherwood (the forest u show in the pic). I could even set the living wood in de ira if needed, east of York. So i can make sherwood a bit smaller.
    - I Will move notingham a bit to the north, were right now is south sherwood, so i can make leicester simétrical again, as It was till this morning.
    - Im moving manchester a bit to the West and loidis church (leeds) a bit to the north, in the path between York, notingham and manchester.
    - Moving camelot a bit to the West near the Mountains, leaving more room to walk from one área to another and i Will try to make It a bit special.

You will make capital cities more important? Tell me how are u editing my map so i dont waste time :p

I never saw my combat system in any other map o_O i suppose great minds thinks the same (cof cof humble cof cof).
  4. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

I had problems to create exactly precise the sea of York and the sea of anglia. I want u making naval fights there to make them worth It!! :D

Pd: talking about naval fights. U can give me suggestions about where place "fishing spots" i think one in kattegat, one in York sea, one in anglia sea, one in baltic sea, one in North north sea, one in south north sea, other in english channel, other in outer hebrides, other in irish sea and the Last one in the sea between south wales and cornwall.
  5. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Added a small river west to york, moved the church of loids to its proper place and manchester a bit to the west. Also reworked Sherwood forest, not a living forest now.

upload_2017-12-17_21-27-5.png

Added the River Trent, in the hearth of Mercia, that river was the center of Mercian Kingdom. Reworked Mercian cities according to this new river. (this river also makes central england vulnerable to sea raids, it was too protected till now.

upload_2017-12-17_21-28-40.png

Reworked the river Severn to look more close to real one, moved worcester a bit to the east, made Gloucester smaller and Warwick a bit to the southeast. The part west ot severn is still to do.

upload_2017-12-17_21-29-50.png

Reterrained Camelot from Scratch. Moved chester church to its proper place. Western wales will be reworked aswell.

upload_2017-12-17_21-31-8.png

Used this pic to create new Camelot:
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Reworked and final version of Wales. Improved the mountains, made them fit better to real maps, moved the town south of Camelot furthrer of the bridge so its not so imposible to cross it, added "Snowdonia" as living forest for Irish in north Wales. Improved north wales mountains.

Remember that Britons dont start with Camelot, but they have to take ir from neutrals at start, as fast as posible, to make themselves strong before the germans (saxons and angles) rekt them from behind. So all the strong camelot could be, would help britons in late game, yes, but will also slow them at start.

upload_2017-12-19_14-37-18.png

upload_2017-12-19_14-34-42.png
  7. Enclop

Enclop Lord of Winterfell

OMG I love maps like LTA and LTF but I am always sad to see that macro based maps like this are overshadowed.
    we need more historical based maps!

If you this is in testing phase PM me and I will gladly organise a full lobby for you.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Im glad you like my map. Any idea or suggestion u could have, post it here and i will have it mind and maybe it would be added to the map.

Im still working witht the terrain, just half of the work done yet. But when i have it ready for an alpha test i will have u in mind, of course.

Greetings!
  9. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

I have been reworking whole south england. From cornwall to cochester, from the english channels to the lane from bristol Chanel to oxford. Still some work to do With the cities, soon pics.

Then i Will work in ireland and north scotland. Im also reworking adrian's wall to make It look stronger, more important, Harder to Take and cooler to defend.

Im Still creating skills slowly, whenever i have a cool idea for some hero or unit. For example i have created some skills for gaels heroes:
    - Nature Roots. Entangle all enemies in an área, sealing dmg over time and rooting.
    - Healing Mushroom. U force a Mushroom to grown enormously, It will heal all nearby friendly units.
    - Healing Hands. Does a great heal in an allied hero and then heals him a bit ibérico time.
    - Moonshine. A pilar of moon light does damage to a single target.
    - Watcher spirit. U summon a mágic owl that can be used to scout áreas and know where the enemy is weak. It can also reveal invisible units and attack spirits (summoned).
    - Faery Army. The druid summons a small army of dryads and Faery beings to fight for him.

Also some caster ones:
    - Faerie faery. U summon a faery that can heal or replentish mana of nerby allies.
    - Slow powder. U send a smoke of slow powder to drug him, making him slowlier.
    - Gods experience. Ur gods and faeries reveal the weak points of an enemy, reducing his armor.

Etc etc

If u have any idea for a skill that could fit the lore/history/gameplay of a faction, tell It to me!

Pd: all those that tell me things about the map in private, dont fear to post them here. Even if u think the idea could be mad. No one will blame u for It, and that way i can look at them easily if i want to add them. And other People can discuss ur ideas to create more together :-)

Greetings!
  10. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Ok, whole England ended (final version):

Southwest area, Cornwall (irish event base), Tintagel (starting Briton capital), the island of Avalon in the swamps of Somerset, etc etc

upload_2017-12-21_19-52-16.png

South area, Wintacaster (capital of saxons), the island of Wight, sussex, some temples at Stonehedge and Bath and the starting area of saxons.

upload_2017-12-21_19-56-57.png

Southeast area, the living forest of "the weald", kent (with canterbury HS), Hastings, and the important but "small" cities of Rochester and London.

upload_2017-12-21_19-58-4.png

East Anglia, the saxon city of Verulamium in a great shock point and with the church of St Albans, and small tweeks in Oxford area and East anglia Area.

upload_2017-12-21_19-59-6.png

Now i will be working in North Scotland and Ireland :-)
    You can see how terrain and trees change from north to south, this is used to give the player the feeling of being in a different area, and maybe is the first step of a future "climate system". More about it in the future.

Hope u like it.
    • Like Like x 1