1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

War in Middle Earth

Discussion in 'Custom Projects' started by valandil, May 4, 2019.

1. valandil

valandil

War in Middle Earth
    created by Valandil (Big Thanks to Marshmalo for helping and being by inspiration)
    158467-5da4701a640e38e48e80fe9eb0e4cf17.png

This is the map that I'm creating for people that like me loves Lord of the Rings books and movies world and story and want take a part in the War for Middle Earth from both sides good and evil . I have played all the games ever been released of Middle earth, also I am big fan of Warcraft3 (Middle Earth) map like LOTR: Ring Wars, LOTR-Last Alliance. I want to create the map of a high quality with a beautiful terrain like in the Peter Jackson's movie that is all around the story of LotR, but not only the events that was shown in the movie but also in the books.
    I would like you all LOTR fans to give me useful suggestions , All your suggestions will be highly appreciated !)

Map Info
    War in Middle Earth is control points open world rts map with a different factions, strategies and events. There are two sides of players, Sauron forces and Free people, fighting the battle for destiny of MIddle Earth in the Third Age.
    Each faction has it's own different gameplay and different events in the game.
    Factions are :
    Evil - Mordor, Isengard, Harad.
    Good - Gondor, Rohan, Dol Amroth.

Screenshots:
    158470-e038ea8296e2ccdae4fd66ed22c6a4b2.png 158681-2a5dc3438ad28b3e29132870b2e03baa.png 158471-a96e463deb5f1f743484021b6fc9eae5.png 158474-b9997e76a5448e87fb59bdf34823cb4c.png 158475-9e900cef1c03c934cbc42dc01e4e15c2.png 158476-bc9ac5c64497b4653f1dc0460bf99481.png 158472-1499764d4cbcb12e2060d4a32fa3ee51.png 158477-f40bedcfba0edc9e2aa40cc8a0275ea6.png

Credits: Fingolfin, HappyTauren, Vermillion Edict, Frankster, PROXY, Tranquil, Olofmoleman, Ujimasa Hojo, Wandering Soul, tillinghast, communist_orc, Shadow_killer

P.S.
    The map is in alpha state now, but you can already test it and play, last version - https://www.epicwar.com/maps/293506/
    Sorry for my bad english, it is not my native language, I'm doing my best, also will need your help to correct some descriptions .)
    • Like Like x 9
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
  2. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Terrain is so beutiful I love the buildings and bases youve created there!

I tested this online afew weeks ago, I think you were there as an observer, my feedback would be that there needs to be alot more terrain fleshed out for the landscape between the fortresses. So far it seems we only have the fortresses ingame then lots of empty space between them. But its only an alpha so I know theres still a long way to go.

Looks great so far though!
  3. Harald

Harald The Betrayer Shaman Map Maker

Terrain looks very well done indeed, i will follow your work with great interest. One question i have is how will the pathing in Minas Tirith work? by the looks of you from the screnshot you have to use portals or it will be very small corridors to get higher up
    • This This x 1
  4. FruitSalad

FruitSalad

Great terrain, keep it up !
  5. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane Shaman

You know, I was wondering the same lul
  6. B-Roy7

B-Roy7 Nostalgic

Osgiliath looks dope!! that will be a sweet battleground. What part of the Third age do you have it starting?
    Also where do you get that Isengard wall?
  7. Wijuk

Wijuk

So nice terrain, *I LOVE IT* ,but u need to balance game (rohan can rush isengard in first minute ) and add some events
  8. Hawk

Hawk The Old Lion Map Maker

The base terrain looks amazing, you can clearly see and recognize everything. I would just like to suggest that you add a bit more shrubbery, rocks, houses and other small doodads to fill in the gaps, as they do look a bit empty. Other than that great work!
  9. valandil

valandil

NEW VERSION https://www.epicwar.com/maps/293506/

Yes you right, for now I am using portals, but I think I will make corridors later , because I don't like the special effect portals makes and I didn't found how cancel it.
    Working on it ...) thank you) new version is out, fixed a lot of stuff, made some balance, I'm still working most on the terrain and units looks ... balance, ggod balance will come later ...(
    Thank you for suggestions ! I will add other environments soon... as you say ... it is very time consuming thing to do, because I'm trying make it beautiful and not casual trees and rocks here and there ))
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Wijuk

Wijuk

What is in the new version?