1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warcraft 3 patch 1.29 PTR

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Arlt, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Cynicaldoubt

Cynicaldoubt Beekeeper Extraordinaire Brigand Donator Legend

Good god.
  2. Woodenplank

Woodenplank Brigand Map Maker

To be honest this may be the death of LTF/A more than anything.
    The maps are already unstable for 1.28 (They can only be edited by reverting back to the old 1.26, yes?), so I'm imagining they'll completely desync with such a large patch 1.29

This has already happened before, mind you - with much, much simpler maps "desync'ing" with a large patch update.

Of course... A restart might be healthy, as the maps (LTF at least...) are already super fucking unstable (try to delete a unit = crash, try to delete a spell = 50% chance to crash, try to move a region too much = crash) --- but you could even copy-paste a lot of the old data from LTA/LTF/KTA.
    And I'm sure that the diligent editors here on Brigandshaven will find some use for the 24-player format - although I hope this won't be a new thing where EVERY SINGLE MAP MUST USE ALL 24 SLOTS! - Because that's overkill.
    But how about; Eastern Kingdoms - The Fore-and-or-Aftermath? Something like 14-16 players could do the trick.
    • Like Like x 3
    • This This x 3
  3. spinel

spinel Map Maker

Well never.
    This is too much for a one or two editors. I ran out of free time anyway. I belive that it would take me some time to design 12 new players and since it takes already big amount of time to release new version of KTA, i am afraid that it could take like 3674 years instead of few months to release new version. :(
    It woudl also be naive to believe that map designs will be able to stay same. Even today when 2 of 12 (imagine 24) players leave LTF or such, the map is almost unplayable.
    I think its hige big change and i wont resist wprking on someting like it in team but there is no way i will try to do soemthing like it myself.
  4. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

By the way, to the editors here, you should add a trigger that makes all players treat neutral passive as an ally, and makes neutral passive treat all players as an ally. It will change nothing in the current version of warcraft. But if you do not do this before the patch is released, the map will not work properly because neutral passive in the new patch is actually a player, who will be by default hostile to all other players.
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. LoboTron11

LoboTron11 Grandaster of the Shadow Council

FOR FUCK SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (Da Hype is real)
  6. ilusioner

ilusioner Cause things shall proceed as foreseen Map Maker

This sounds nice and all...

But what about increasing the performance of warcraft 3 engine? Is there anything mentioned about it? Even in current state KTA/LTA/LTF/AW maps have problems when there are 6 players with 200+ units present in one place, as the unit order lag and other stuff makes the delay between order and execution qutie long.
    • This This x 7
  7. GinoFastidio

GinoFastidio The Elf_blademaster's Hunter and sworn enemy

24 PLAYERS RUN GAY RUN MAKE.IT.HAPPEN.
    • Funny Funny x 5
  8. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Burn it! Website Admin

So... maps which are currently done in the editor and which can be opened by JNPG/UMSWE as well as the new editor, which they added for 1.28. can be still continiued in the newest version of Warcraft 3 or would there be problems?
    I can imagine that LTA/LTF/Azeroth Wars have a lot of problems due to triggers and similiar stuff, but if I edited so far on JNPG only on an older version with a clean map, where only tiles would be affected by the changes... there's a good chance I can continiue the project with the newest patch?
  9. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

It took me hours of pain to make LTA compatible with 1.29.
    I imagine it'll also take hours of pain to do the same with LTF and KTA, good luck @Woodenplank and @spinel, unless you didn't use UMSWE triggers in your map. If your map can currently open with Sharpcraft, then you are most likely fine !

EDIT :
    for those who haven't tried the patch, they also changed the color, this is how "light blue" looks like now :
    [​IMG]
    And this is the new "purple"
    [​IMG]

They also reversed Dark Green and Brown but that's most likely nothing but a bug.
    • Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  10. Woodenplank

Woodenplank Brigand Map Maker

Handing over editorship of LTF seems more and more tempting by the minute.
    I didn't even want to handle it with the current Wc3 patch : /

Any way. We'll see how it all goes...

EDIT: Is there a guide somewhere on making the compatibility changes? Besides the "make everyone love Neutral Passive"?
    I can open LTF with Sharpcraft, but sadly somewhere, somehow... Newgen functions were used; as I eventually had to revert to 1.26. So the map may or may not fuck up completely, irrevocably when 1.29 lands...
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018