1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warcraft 3 patch 1.29 PTR

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Arlt, Feb 22, 2018.

1. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Oh, so you do use some UMSWE functions :/ well, give it sometime, and if you do not plan on adding new factions or using new natives, you can still use the old editor with some triggers to deal with neutral passive becoming a player.
  2. Szons

Szons Manetho's Heir

@spinel I was joking. I fully understand that you can not have free time to edit KTA. ;)Also i really advisr you to split big patch into smaller pieces (slowly add more content). It will bring more player in long term then one big patch.
  3. Parco21

Parco21 Brigand Map Maker

Damned temptress. I though I was gone.

I feel the most important question for maps is 'Are there already actual groups that would act separate from whoever owns them already?'

But then you have to make sure there is something useful to fill the gap for the player being amputated into twenty parts.

For LTA the first answer is a definite yes.

Gilneas
    Dark Iron Dwarves
    Drakkari Trolls
    Scholomance
    High Elves
    Naga
    Draenai
    Night elves
    Separating Scarlet Crusade and Garithos.
    Aerie Peak
    Possibly Goblins or any other Horde Race.

There's lots of these and I could keep going on, but without something to fill the void, what's the point?

If you split all of the Alliance races, then first off backups have to be thought up more. As well, you legitimately remove all conflict from the races: Silverhand never has to worry about being too split up and losing everything.

Events get lessened, variety of games reduces. It gets less exciting and more repetitive.

If something were to change that then I would be on board for the change. Just a struggle currently.

A possible suggestion: Let Blood Elves keep their paths. Just separate Illidan, and possibly Draenai. Illidan keeps the Naga, Draenai can have a reunion event for their brethren, and Kael isn't crippled by the loss of an event because he still gets allies, and it allows an option for Maiev to be a separate hero. The only problem comes from the possible backups for her.

So that's my two cents.

I'm kiiinda tempted to get back into City of Demons, but I feel it'd end up abusing the 24 man gag because it allows much more spice in the game. Bigger teams and such

But also school lol

Edit: also hi again guys!
    • This This x 1
  4. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei High Priestess of Elune Shaman Map Maker

go back to school parco

got em!!!!!
    • This This x 1
  5. Aolfien

Aolfien I am also lukasborec Brigand

WHAT THE FUCK
    24 players
    999 max. food limit
    WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE
    God damnit, I wanted to finish school, fuck you Warcraft. I'll end up as a homeless playing Warcraft 3 on a stolen laptop...
    • Funny Funny x 6
  6. GinoFastidio

GinoFastidio The Elf_blademaster's Hunter and sworn enemy

They TOTALLY will announce a remaster after event ends
    • This This x 2
  7. Draupne

Draupne Won't get any more fun than what you make yourself Brigand Map Maker

This patch is such a huge blessing for us if we manage to make ways around the issues it will cause for well established maps.
    Remember all editors out there: adding more players to the map just because you can is not neccesarily a good or wise thing.
    • This This x 2
  8. ponasozis

ponasozis SOVIET Angry marine Brigand

Map makers after this patch

• This This x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Mr.Jesus

Mr.Jesus

They Changed the engine too.....
  10. Sukramo

Sukramo The Sane Map Maker

Does that make much sense though? They clearly put in alot of effort to improve wc3, it seems more like they are sticking to it. A remaster would make all this work pointless. Less sales too since wc3 is much more viable=less reason to buy remaster.

As for wc3 performance, they definitly need to boost it if LTA/Azeroth Wars style maps are to be viable with 20+ players. Heck wc3 is notably lagging in major 2v2 engagments as it is.
    But if everything works out, this could be wonderful. What has me hyped most is actually more tiles. As a mapper its so damn painful having to pick what measy few you can have.