1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warcraft 3 patch 1.29 PTR

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Arlt, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Cynicaldoubt

Cynicaldoubt Beekeeper Extraordinaire Brigand Donator Legend

It's only a small legacy team working on WC3, while Blizzard has actually committed to keeping it going with updates like these, there's no reason to suggest that they couldn't be working on WC4.

That's not to say I believe they are, it's a bit unlikely, but who knows.
    • This This x 1
  2. Draupne

Draupne Won't get any more fun than what you make yourself Brigand Map Maker

Ayy Cynical you should get back onto the WC3 at some point, we've barely been playing the map together since way before 1.50 at least
    • This This x 1
  3. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Remaster = same game, same engine, more detailed models, new if older too bad, increased and window mode changed from 4:3 to 16:9
    Rework = new game done by scratch, New engine, new models, everything created again just copying the values of costs, skills, etc as they were.

Rework cost lot of work, money and time. Is like doing a new game except u already have the design and balance done.

Remaster is easy, cheap, and can be done by a small team in few time.

They could be remastering it easily.
    • This This x 1
  4. Cynicaldoubt

Cynicaldoubt Beekeeper Extraordinaire Brigand Donator Legend

I'll try and pop in at some point soon, rarely home back at my desktop that has WC3, so..

I barely even remember the patch numbers getting as high as 1.50 lol
  5. Excalibur

Excalibur

It's good now.
    We can have a big mess.
    Oh, yeah.Will LTF become the four team?
  6. Nalesean

Nalesean Communism has never been tried Brigand Donator Legend

I think these are some rather odd updates. Isnt the problem with wc3 rather the outdated plattform, the reliance on bots for hosting etc. And for those of us who still care the Ladder is of course also in a state that keeps most serious players away (widescreen is a very wellcome update though).

24 players I think is quite pointless frankly.
    • This This x 1
  7. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ha hah, you a funny man. :]
  8. somefaggot

somefaggot Map Maker

• This This x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

At first, I was like "OMG" but now, my boring, cautious side is thinking this could be problematic.

First let’s look at which maps would actually benefit with breaking the 12-player cap, only popular or casual, quick play maps would be feasible to have 24 players, otherwise your looking at huge waiting times and in most maps it simply not necessary.

Now, assuming the editor compatibility issues can be fixed with KTA/LTF/LTA, then these are certainly popular enough to warrant some additional starting factions. However, unless the terrain can also be significantly expanded then its not feasible, including more players without increasing playable terrain would create claustrophobic, crowded gameplay. Where many players would need to be wiped out within the first 10 minutes just for factions to expand their territory and take land.

They’ve also increased the playable map size to 480, but this could be achieved anyway with NewGen, in fact LTF is already 480 sized. So there’s no way we can expand south and include stormwind unless new editing software like shapecraft manage to break the official Blizzard limit like Newgen did many years ago.

I’ve always dreamed of how awesome it would be to have Kalimdor, lordaeron and EK all in one epic map with 24 players, but unless they also increase the terrain limit to 960 then we are still a long way off that. But definitely one step closer with this new patch.

If you couldnt get LTF working with Shapecraft then theres no way I can, your more technical than me! SvnmS has somehow done it with LTA though, so there is hope.

The WC3 legacy team have said in the past they are commited to not "breaking" any old maps, this is something they promised people on the hive, so maybe you can still continue to edit LTF in the old editor. Though obvisouly you wouldnt be able to make use of additional player slots.
    If they break every old map wc3 with this patch then I imagine they'd be quite a negative backlash from the community!

Oh for LTA it would be really nice to see Illidari as a starting faction, then the fight between Legion and darkhard can be a threeway, should be alot more interesting and messy! But like I said earlier I think Outland will need to be expanded as not sure its big enough to serve as the starting base for 3 players in its current form.

They did? Where does it say this I can't see aything in the patch notes that would increase stability?
    • This This x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Nalesean

Nalesean Communism has never been tried Brigand Donator Legend

I’m not saying a it would be wonderfull to have a 24 player strategy map of all of Azeroth, but the engine is problematic as it is right now, after 2 hours a lot of people have often dropped out thanks to crashes. Lately I’m one.