1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warcraft III Patch 1.28.6 PTR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Aug 11, 2017.

1. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b Hive Workshop's Community Manager

Copied from my Hive post:

[​IMG]
    Warcraft 3 Patch 1.28.6 PTR
    Link to Patch 1.28.6 PTR battle.net post

The public test realm for patch 1.28.6 is out now! This means that you can test the new patch on a separate server (Mac & PC PTR installers are is included on the battle.net post, green link is above).

The two biggest things that come in 1.28.6 are both ladder centric. One being a new map pool for ladder, and the other being various changes to existing melee maps, also for ladder. They include a selection 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and FFA maps. In a sense, it is a balance patch, but not one where the stats of the four races units and heroes are altered. You can read the changes in detail on the battle.net post up top as well.

Blizzard also stated two other things: That they're looking into fixing game search times and lowering the latency even more.

The takeaway: After months of updates aimed at improving compatibility and technical aspects, (besides the 8mb map size limit being lifted) the first major wave of content arrived. There's still lots more to improve, but it's great the progress made finally being turned into significant substance. We await the modding and the custom game scene to see similar progress in the near future.

Current 1.28.6 PTR map pools:
    - 1v1 Map Pool (New)
    - 2v2 Map Pool (New)
    - 3v3 Map Pool (New)
    - 4v4 Map Pool (New)
    - FFA Map Pool (New)
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. iliya

iliya plz balance maps or i get flamed using OP stuff! Donator

Does this mean RIP all replays for previous patches??

idk why but last update broke the event triggers for replays editor. So you can't view replays from previous patches in the new patch. (you can just the replay is something else entirely lol)

I am hoping the new patch can still run the past patches replays.
  3. Uther01

Uther01 God of champions Brigand Map Maker

Pretty sure it works with a program, there is one that lets u change the patch of ur current warcraft so u can still watch replays
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Awesomeguy

Awesomeguy Im Awesome Brigand

Shit It requires CD to log in.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Arlt

Arlt Last Emperor of BotR Website Admin

@Nalesean and @AriusSunKing
  6. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane

Yup, I've seen this, the melee patch looks promising, forvthe 4v4 at least (exept one map ....)
  7. Uther01

Uther01 God of champions Brigand Map Maker

People are still going to suck balls in 4v4 lol
  8. Zerwikaptur

Zerwikaptur Okay. No need to fight it then. Brigand Donator

Holy shiet actual balance changes.
    • This This x 1
  9. Ander345

Ander345

I guess a lot of people already asked you that, but are maps like TM, TR os AI being removed from the ladder? or is it that they are only posting the maps that are either new or getting reworked?
  10. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b Hive Workshop's Community Manager

At the moment, these are replacements. Matt Morris (lead designer) stated that none of the changes are final and they are gathering as much feedback as possible. My guess is that they're pushing for a new meta than the stale same old same old, but it all depends on the feedback. However, the PTR just went offline for maintenance, and Blizz aims to have it return early next week.

@iliya On replays, I dunno. I'll try to get back to you on this.
    • Like Like x 1
    • This This x 1