1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warcraft Movie Sequel TV series rights acquired for AmazonPrime

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Spectator, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Spectator

Spectator The Changer of Ways... Donator

Summary:
    - Today Amazon announced they have managed reach a deal with Blizzard for rights to develop a Warcraft TV series as a sequel to the original movie.
    - No release date given yet but the project has been in concept development in the last 6 months, expert estimates are release around 2021 or later.
    - It is still really early, so there is not much details about the project but the series is apparently to be a follow up on the movie. Here is link for more details
    https://au.ign.com/articles/2019/01/30/Warcraft-sequel-development-at-amazon

Edit : I'll admit I was deadwrong about this Warcraft movie failing, seems Like the Chinese Revenue was more than enough. Damn Amazon has been going crazy with Fantasy movies, First lord of the rings then Wheel of time and Now Eragon and Warcraft. HYPE!!!
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2019
  2. reddragon25

reddragon25 Soldier First Class

The Eragon movie is far worse than the the book, "Inheritance" written by Cristoper Paloni is my favorite novel, compared to the book the movie is worth nothing.
    • This This x 3
  3. ZeroFlotsie

ZeroFlotsie Lord of Hate Shaman Website Admin Legendary Donator

Have all the eragon books at home. They are a very nice read, I liked Brisingr the most though.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. reddragon25

reddragon25 Soldier First Class

Brisingr was actually the first one I have read, that was when I discovered that it existed in the first place, it was amazing, it took me a week to get to the end of it. There actually is a Warcraft 3 map based on the novel.
  5. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Burn it! Website Admin

Everything's better than this one Eragorn movie, they made.

Also, I liked the Warcraft movie as well, so good to see there's a followup.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane Shaman

Wasn't there a trilogy planned for wc movies even if first one didn't bring back as much money as it should?
    Also it seems weird amazon fucking made it, I mean, prolly they'll stop at s1 if its not popular enough considering how much money they'll have to hand back to Blizzard

Also, Eragon's movie was trash as hell, and books weren't that good either, I prefered first one, read the 4 but last one is ....
    Last book really shows how Christopher was prepared for writing a book : not at all
    He failed hard, making die the only person that was important to die, but by doing so screwing the whole project basically
    That was a super risky move, but from a novice writer, nothing unsurprising

Now he'll have to work even harder to get a scenario to bring both back together, cuz I think that was like the plot 50%+ of the readers expected
    I was personnally expecting a really good fight in the end, and was disappointed as well, its like he turned a war and blood book into a fucking fairy tale with a happy but fucked up ending LUL

Edit :
    Also, thx for telling me that there's a serie incoming for the wheel of time
    This is my favorite book and I was expecting this for 10 years at least already
    I really hope they don't mess it like eragon movie or witchers serie
    Legends should not be broken, they should live forever
    • Like Like x 1
  7. MrAdam

MrAdam

Link leads to Rick Roll. Is this whole post legit, or is it just a joke?
  8. Spectator

Memes aside Warcraft probably won't make it in the screen anymore RIP but on the other hand There is actually quite likely a Diablo animated series will be coming to Netflix. I got high hopes for this one specially after Castelvenia's success, huge fantasy universe need to be a series to be successful.
    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gu...ate-News-for-R-Rated-show-from-Hellboy-writer

This one is kinda old but it got lost during Blizzcon hype so I wonder what you guys thing?

Also obviously No Eragon either, the movie kinda killed it, it has to be remade for it to continue. However to make it up to you There is a Cosmere TV series coming up based Brandon Sanderson's Storm'slight Archive I believe.

If you are not satisfied with that either, hopefully this will make it up to you:
  9. Awesomeguy

Awesomeguy Im Awesome Brigand

I actually really liked the books, it is true that he was a novice writer but he did an excellent job, its just his style of writing. I have actually read brisinger before Eldest (thought it was the next one) and only noticed in the middle of the book.
    Also, does anyone have any more details about The Wheel of Time series or is it just rumours?
  10. Spectator

It's confirmed by Amazon and is in the making
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time_(TV_series)