1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WARCRAFT REMASTER

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Arlt, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Krotos

Krotos The Lore Judge. Brigand Map Maker

@Elbadruhel Sometimes I wonder if you have any comprehension skills because every time I read one of your posts, it just looks like some random mental vomit.

They're not erasing anything. They'll be updating classic and reforged simultaneously to keep parity between them. Nothing's getting deleted in the process and it boggles me how people come up with these theories about Blizzard trying to kill Wc3.
    • Like Like x 2
    • This This x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

The guy who reads "The lands later called ghostlands" and replies as a pedantic: "they werent called ghostlands yet, that was after Arthas invasion!!" comes to blame me and say i have comprehension problems, interesting. You are an admin of brigand forum? Cause i think enter a thread blaming people, insulting and saying "mental vomit" is not allowed :-)

As i have said before, im not saying they wont erase old Warcraft 3, you should bother to read what people says before blaming them or u will look stupid (again). Im saying they have said they want only 1 Warcraft game and 1 warfrat community. That is not my opinion, neither a theory, it was said by BLIZZARD in BLIZZCON, check it.

That is why i said i think they wont update Warcraft 3 and will close battlenet servers of warcraft 3. Its logic for them to want only 1 game and 1 community (i approve it), that way the game will be much better. And no, they are not "killing warcraft 3", i never said it. They are forgeting the old warcraft 3 to encourage people to play the improved and reworked reforged warcraft (thats the reason why they bothered to work in a new warcraft 3 boy, not to have u playing the old one while all their work is unused). Warcraft reforged is warcraft 3 too, so no, they are not killing it, just "helping" lazy people to do the move to reforged so they get a better, numerous and stable Warcraft (reforged) community.

Also, u say they will bother to patch old warcraft too? :D. Why would they do that if they have the exact same game already released? Btw, they have said, again BLIZZARD AT BLIZZCON, no my opinion, that in Reforged u will be able to set "old warcraft graphics" or "reforged graphics", so even worse PCs would be able to play reforged, even nostalgic will be able to play reforged, even custom games will work in reforged with old models looking fine. Yes, u will be able to play "old" warcraft 3, bu IN reforged, changing the graphic option.
  3. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei High Priestess of Elune Shaman Map Maker

Alright friend, as someone who was at BlizzCon it was very well stated that the originally 2004 version of the game will be playable as well as the Reforged version of the game. They said cross play between classic and remastered versions will be available, and seeing how the both run on the same engine both versions will be updated, although assume WC3 Reforged will have priority.
    • This This x 4
  4. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

2:20 Once again Netease and China are mentioned. My guess is that Netease audience and support is mainly why they even went with reforged anyways (2015 growth data from Netease Lunch probably gave them the incentive) since the EU/US player-base is pathetic in comparison to China. So this has got me interested in the reforged and it might actually not just be a nostalgia cash-grab. (tho 30 Euro price tag and lack of discount for existing players still has me worried).

Now Netease is basically just custom maps and Melee are Dota are nothing in comparison there. So this makes think they are gonna put a ton of effort for supporting the editor. One thing I learnt about China is unlike here they really do not like when a Patch trashes and breaks all their custom maps, like hell would break. Hence why they wait months for EU/US to be sacrificial pigs until the bugs are found and fixed then they give time and money to their map makers to update their maps first then they apply the patch. This is why I think Blizz will do their best to make sure maps are compatible and possibly give map makers time to make the maps compatible with reforged.

Even if they make the reforged client half as good as Netease I'm buying it, Gotta wait and see tho. These days you never know with AAA companies what is gonna happen. Next minute on release we find out Warcraft 3 reforged is a battle royale game with a sense of pride and accomplishment at the top...

5. Yousef

Yousef Paladin of the Alliance Brigand Map Maker

I feel like you weren't paying attention, they said 1 game, the same old game, you will be able to switch between old and new, graphics, sounds, campaign, in one client like Starcraft Remastered.
  6. Yousef

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

I saw it live. And yes, they said 1 game and u will be able to swap graphics from old to new. That is why i think old w3 would be outdated. Cause i cant see how the new game can have the option to play with old graphics and old w3 still be supported, specially if reforged will get reworked campaign and new quests and missions. I mean, is not the same game, u can play new campaign with old graphics (in reforged) or old campaign (old warcraft). So no, not the same game according to what they said on live.

What comes to use finally... Who knows.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Yousef

As long as the engine is the same, which it is, it's going to be like I said.
    • This This x 1
  9. ponasozis

ponasozis SOVIET Angry marine Brigand

Jesus christ
    You fookin mongoloid
    Just take a look at sc remaster people crossplay trough it on it
    If its the same fucking engine making crossplay is as easy as snapping fingers when you have og code
    • This This x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Yousef

Jaina boobs page got deleted.
    5845cd230b2a3b54fdbaecf7.png
    • Funny Funny x 2