1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WARCRAFT REMASTER

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Arlt, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Spampolice

Spampolice The Whispering God Shaman

I'm not sure why some of you unironicly think you should get what is, in effect, a new game made to be as similar to another without all the ungraceful aging shit, without paying. Mind you, 30 euros is nothing.

other than that. MY GOD YES
    • This This x 2
  2. Nalesean

Nalesean Communism has never been tried Brigand Donator Legend

Damn you, i paid a good 20 euros for wc3 back in 2005, that should give me free access to any and all games and reworks developed from or inspired of said game for eternity and beyond.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • This This x 2
  3. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Having in mind:
    - Same game.
    - Same engine.
    - Same factions.
    - Same units.
    - Same heroes.
    - Same stats.
    - Same campaign.
    - Same story.
    - Same buildings.
    - Same upgrades.
    - Same items.
    - etc

Well, i dont want it "for free", but maybe people who already have Warcraft 3 should have a discount. Is exactly the SAME game, just with new graphics. The idea is to bring back people who left w3 or to call new people who likes wow or other blizzard games, so having a discount for previous w3 players could be good. Specially since u are offering nothing new (yet).

If they finally publish that they will offer new races as High Elves or Legion, i could accept those 30 €. But nowadays, all we know, is that is the same game, with the same engine, just a bit polished. So... Yes. I think 30 € is FAR TOO MUCH. Since that is the price of a game itself. I have bought Warcraft 3 3 times, with no regrets. 2 in CD and 1 in battlenet, so no, im not stingy, but i paid for w3 cause it deserved it. And being honest just a "face washing" of the graphics doesnt deserve 30€. If they add new campaigns and factions i will throw my money to them and stop growling, but as far as we know nowadays... Is too much for a "HD models dlc".
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

This is effectivly Warcraft 3.5, not a remaster
  5. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Did u listen the blizzard guy with grubby? Same engine, same everything. The only thing he said "i cant say anything about it" was about new factions and new campaigns. The rest is confirmed, everything as always but with HD graphics. That is a remaster for me.
  6. Nalesean

Nalesean Communism has never been tried Brigand Donator Legend

Dude people literarly pay between 2-200 euros for a single hero cosmetic in dota 2. In pretty much every moba or even smartphone game people are apperently fine paying for cosmetics, so why not for a graphic update? Even if its just a graphic remake (which is not because balance changes and other stuff is also in it) then I would expect it to cost money.

It would be completely unreasonable expecting Blizzard to put a team of developers on a warcraft 3 remaster and then not charging the main clientel for the product (because it will most likely attract people who played wc3). Frankly I think 30 euros is too cheap from blizzards point of view, think its more of a nostalgia project for them then a real moneyearner.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

U have said it, people pay tons of absurb money in cosmetics cause they choose to waste it. But no one is forced to pay it. They are saying u will be able to play W3 remaster with old models, so they should give it for free with old models and then, for 30€ allow u to use the new models. As in Dota, Lol, or whatever other game u are mentioning, cosmetics is a way to take from people who decide to waste it on it, but it have never been a MUST to play a game. Here, you are having a forced cosmetic to all players, wich is quite different.
  8. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane Shaman

@Elbadruhel Unlike Starcraft Remastered, Warcraft Reforged will have many things changed
    Maybe you can consider it as a wc3 2.00 but that doesn't matter
    Main difference is that they are thinking of plenty of new game mechanics
    It's not only about having custom hotkeys, achievements, hd graphics and being on Bnet platform
    They will most likely increase unit group capacity, heroes items slots, number of heroe abilities
    Now, thats for wc reforged editor, the melee will stay exactly the same as it is now
    But the editor will have access to many many more possibilities

One important thing as well, is that it will be on Bnet, which means game will have faster updates unlike the current wc3
    You also need to remember that everything that they are doing for wc3 right now, allowing players to host by themselves and the commands incoming will also be on the reforged, and its only a start, most of what is done is still noted as work in progress as the guy said, UI, graphics, mechanics, hosting

You can't really base your opinion on one stream either, that's quite close minded
    • This This x 2
  9. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei High Priestess of Elune Shaman Map Maker

All Custom maps will be convertable.

also elba you are dumb

deal with the price or not get it
    that simple
  10. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

I think it'd be cool if the ppl who own Wc3 up till now would get a discount on Wc3 Reforged, like maybe 25% (or even 50% :} ). It's be pretty diserving of us since you can no longer even buy vanilla Wc3 that we play now, you can buy Reforged AND get the current Wc3 we got atm + ofc Reforged. So basically buying R4ged now would get you 2 games, while buying Wc3 5 days ago would give you only just 1 game. :p
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/war3/ see da link, when you click on "Buy it now" it will show an error message.