1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WARCRAFT REMASTER

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Arlt, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Arlt

Arlt Last Emperor Advisor Legend

Done.
  2. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Too soon @Arlt, too soon !! But thanks !
  3. Arlt

I will do it again if need be. :oops:
  4. Vidovit

Vidovit Basileus Brigand Donator Harbinger of L:TA

• This This x 1
  5. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Warcraft 3 was not a just a RTS, Cough Cough Dota , Cough Cough Legion TD, Cough Cough Cough.
  6. d'sparil

d'sparil

Same thing happened with Starcraft remastered, remastered = not free game pay for the game or gtfo, best thing people can do is press blizzard to make a good remastered and increment the power of the editor in 1000%. With some luck the old warcraft 3 become free like starcraft.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  7. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

I'm so excited and desperate for anymore Reforged news, I've been been trawling through the trailer in slow motion, look at the new Gryphon Avery and Arcane Sanctum models!!

WC3 RM1.JPG

More reasons to be happy! I'm especialy interested in eharing the additional back story they plan on giving key lore characters, I was always hugely intregued by Sylvanas's character pre-corruption as she has become such a cartoon villain now. Also interested to learn more about Kael's backstory as the current WC3 campaign gives us small snippets about his fast and the love triangle between Arthas and Jaina. Blizzard ruined many of these characters backstorys with WoW so this is a chance for them to make amends.

Do anyone know if the new models will use BLP and MDX still? If not then I really hope the Blizz art tools they release give us the ability to convert BLP/MDX tot heir new file types.

LTA could potentially be deemed popular enough for custom translattion as its also played alot in china, I don't know how popular a map needs to be before Blizzard would give it that kind of love. But I think any dev would look at the hige size and complexity of the map and decide it's simply not worth it, and even if they got it working then both LTA and LTF are very usntable in the latest WC3 world editor, so continual editing would be a problem.

And there is the additional issue of all the custom rescources in these maps.

I am resigned that none of my maps will be playable in reforged, but as people can just switch from reforged to classic hopefully people still still want to play maps like LTF/LTA. My opinion is that people don't play these games in 2018 for the graphics so hopefully they can live on even after reforged.

I also intend to create atleast 1 or 2 maps in the new reforged editor.
  8. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Blizzard already said there wont be "old warcraft 3". There will be ONLY ONE warcraft 3, the reforged. Cause they said "they dont want to split the community, there should be only 1 community of warcraft". So no, no old warcraft 3 free, indeed, deleted warcraft 3. What means that u are paying for a game with new graphics, and maybe a bit more quests, but u will get "stolen" your old game wich u paid long ago.

They have also said that reforged warcraft could be played with old graphics, so even old computers should be able to run it. Thats like their "answer" to people who could complain about old warcraft being deleted.
    • This This x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Arlt

The old game will still be playable. They confirmed this. They intend to make games playable across Reforged and classic, so nothing will be "stolen".
    • This This x 2
  10. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

They said will be only 1 warcraft 3, so cant be "old and new". Of course u will be able to play ur old game, no one will come to uninstall it from ur PC :D. But if they want only 1 community, only 1 game and reforged will be in blizzard's pannel as WoW or HS... Say good bye to the old Battlenet servers of w3 inside the game, the multiplayer will be the reforged one. They dont need to kill the game, just dont give more support and balance patches to Reforged day after day while Battlenet is erased, people will have to buy reforged and play in the new servers or just do Single Player (unless u play in pirate servers, what i would prefer people not to do).

This is not a bad thing, indeed if they release Reforged i would like to see old W3 multiplayer deleted at once. So as they said "there is only 1 community", that way there will be much more players in Reforged multiplayer.

Also, as i said, im not a hater of Reforged, im eager to see what it brings. And if it has new camapaings to increase Sylvanas, Illidan and maybe Lorthemar lore... It will be worth the 30€ for sure.