1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warcraft: Total War .90 up on Makemehost!

Discussion in 'Warcraft: Total War' started by Hannibal, Dec 20, 2016.

1. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Gatsby Guardian Website Admin

I think this is the main idea behind the map though and I personally like it.
    It's more balanced than Azzy Wars.

Btw, anyone playing a match is free to send the replay and mapfile to me via private message or by my mail adress in the YouTube video. Definitly would cast this.
  2. Hannibal

Hannibal Map Maker

As much as I appreciate the feedback and am ready to address issues like these there is a crash occurring and it would seem blizzard has changed how error reports work with the latest patch so it is very difficult to pinpoint.

Yesterday before work I left it running an lo and behold no crash.
    [​IMG]
    (Turn 374 no problem)

However after about 30-40 min of multiplayer the game crashes. I have some people from the Hive checking over the file and fixing this is ofc a top priority as all other issues are irrelevant if the game has a 30-40 min death timer. Back when I hosted some BETA's in november there was no crashes. I have am working on it in waves trying to disable/remove various things that may be causing it. I've mostly just been working a lot lately and haven't had a day off where I can really grind out the problem. I'm not to worried in the long run but I'm itching to play the map now, lol! Hang tight guys!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Creator of L:TA

My feedback:

- Terrain is simple but actually very nice and clean, I did not feel it was cluttered or silly looking like in some maps. I could tell where everything was and had a nice ROC feeling to it. However some of the major cities could do with work, like silvermoon for example which looks too simple and is a wierd shape. Make major cities more impressive with costom building models.

- I'm not very good at micro but I found my 3 heroes hard to control in battle, as the battles didnt ast very long, maybe this is just my own fault though.

- I love the little mini map version of Azeroth at the bottom of the map, really well done with that, its a great idea and its good to see which major cities are controled by who. Its fun to click on them and see possible factions you can have.

- One of the main attraction for me was the idea of faction swapping, but I found it confusing to work out how I could do this. The description says your main hero must be in the faction swap point. This is so vague. Who is my faction leader and where is the swap point. Its frustrating trying various locations and heroes trying to get it to work.

This must be made clearer, I think you should make it so it works with any hero, not just your faction leader.

- I noticed some unit scaling issues, for example Anubarak looked huge. Maybe all units should be scaled down further alittle to make map look bigger. I also felt my heroes got stuck very easily in battle and aimed, but again that might just be my bad micro skills.

- Silvermoon and Dalaran is split between 1 player, this seems uneeded to me when you ahve the faction swap mechanic, maybe have this player start as Dalaran and can become High Elves?

Anyway, sorry if it seems negative, I enjoyed playing it despite my issues. Its a fun map and would play it again when its been updated!
    • Like Like x 2
    • This This x 1
  4. Hannibal

Hannibal Map Maker

Actually that was all quite constructive and I felt no negativity while reading it! For terrain I just need more time and plan on overhauling or poking at all 4 corners of the map for as long as I continue it (I have quite a bit planned). For now my focus is improving map stability. I fortunately got in contact with several people from the hive some of whom were kind enough to swap skype/discord info in case I run into future problems. It would seem the upgrading auras in a hidden spell book does in fact cause a crash, one of the hive members was able to replicate it. Those were removed for .90e and the game did not crash when it had been before, I did still crash but way later but I was at the fight and it had a lot of custom models dying and I am checking over object data of all factions involved. I'm now in the process of de-modeling the map for a bit and if stability improves they can slowly be re-added. Of course I have to ask did the game crash or was it gg?!
  5. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Creator of L:TA

I know exactly how you feel, map crashes are so frustrating as youve done all this work and the games are ruined by seemingly random crashes. There is just some stuff that WC3 dosnt like you doing, trying to do anything wierd with spell books sees to be one of them. Its good to know that for future reference so thanks for sharing that.

I was thinking of starting a thread where map makers could pool their knowledge about crashes but maybe its best done on the Hive.
  6. Hannibal

Hannibal Map Maker

.90g is up on makemehost
    The persistent crash issue was resolved it was the hidden aura upgrade thingy. The auras themselves were fine hidden but upgrading them did cause a crash. Big thanks to DracoL1ch who I met at the Hive and was able to replicate the issue in a older version of wc3 thus producing the old school error report (which wasn't needed cause he replicated the issue).

-Fixed all reported bugs and a bunch that were not :-).
    -Removed Charm because the neutral hostile one does not act based on value the object editor, it will target anything regardless. (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/charm-and-unit-targeting.18890/) to make it work properly would require a trigger. I will either do that later or try to see if the hero one will behave properly if turned into a unit spell.
    -Removed some Models (depending on performance they will return, gradually).

Been rather busy with the holiday but as I get games in I will continue making adjustments and fixing bugs! :-)
  7. Excalibur

Excalibur

My idea is whether it is possible to choose an elite unit, each camp has two elite units, a remote elite unit, a melee elite unit. In the early can choose, can not be changed after selection.