1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warsong Clan Preview

Discussion in 'Fall of Lordaeron WIP' started by Elbadruhel, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

[​IMG]

Warsong Clan

"The Warsong Clan crossed the Dark Portal years ago, commanded by the mighty Grom Hellscream, they defeated and murdered one human and another, till the war was nearly won. But suddenly, the treacherous Guldan betrayed the Horde and all their dream of a new land crumbled. While most of the orcs were broken and depressed and accepted to be sent to internement camps by the humans, Grom and his loyal clan helped Orgrimm Doomhammer to start a rebelion and take the title of Warchief of the Horde. Together, they hided in the woods of Wetlands, Arathi and Hinterlands, to avoid the humans and start a guerrilla warfare. After some time, Grom managed to release Thrall, who was not broken at all and managed to rally the Frostwolf Clan to help Orgrim and Grommash in ther war for freedom. When they launched their direct attack to the first camp, the humans were unprepared and were defeated, but only after a tough fight wich took Orgrim's life. Now, Grom and his lieutenant Varok Saurfang, are the only two experienced commanders of the Horde, and they will lead all the orcs to the victory against the Alliance."
    Warsong Clan starts with a base in Hammerfall, Arathi Highlands, surrounded by Forest Troll settlements and forces, you must do a quick decision: secure Arathi first or go straight forward to the west to release all the orcs. Every game you can try a different option, but your goal is the same: defeat anyone who might dare to oppose you, and release all your people.

Heroes

upload_2019-1-5_21-50-36.png
    Your main hero is Grommash Hellscream (center), leader of the Warsong Clan and one of the mightiest warriors in Lordaeron, at the start of the game, you will have Varok Saurfang (right) at his side, a tough orc that have been commanding and killing before warchief Thrall even was born. They both should destroy all troll and human presence and create a stable land for their clan in Arathi. But if you are powerful and smart enough and you manage to attack Stratholme, you will get Eitrigg (left) as new hero. As with Frostwolf Clan, all your 3 heroes are revivable.

Units

upload_2019-1-5_21-54-13.png

Warsong roster shares the Horde units with Frostwolf Clan. But it has also some unique ones: Warsong Harpooner, Warsong Harasser and Reformed Warlock. Warsong unique units are more savage, used to live in the wild and ambushing human camps, while Frostwolf ones were more "civilized" as they have been living in a village for years. Also, while Froswolf had shamans, the Warsong has "reformed warlocks", some orcs that not too long ago wielded fel powers but after Guldan betrayal have been trying to be more useful for their clan and less loyal to the demons. Finally, while Forstwolf Champion was a powerful Shaman to make that faction more "caster centered", Warsong Champion is that big and sturdy orc you can see in the back, a deadly machine in the warfront eager to follow Grom to dead itself.

Events
    As Frostwolf Clan you can release orcs conquering Hillsbrad, Soutshore and Durnhold.
    If you manage to attack Stratholme you will get Eitrigg as hero.
    In future patches, you will be able to accept "Mannoroth's Blood" path once Legion is summoned, you will betray Frostwolf Clan and his new horde, coming back to the fel and demonic power to obtain victory, so you will leave Horde Team to join Demon Team.
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Accelerator

Accelerator

I prefer the Warsong tribe to the Frost Wolf tribe.Because they are more savage and more fighting.lol "Mannoroth's Blood"is it possible to make the Warsong tribe one of the most powerful forces on the map?And I'm more looking forward to the Abyss Lord Mannoroth. Will he appear?I would also like to see Thrall and Grommash Hellscream fight together to save the orcs by killing Manonos.(It's just a suggestion.)Looking forward to your first test;)
  3. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Hi, im glad u like the faction and i appreciate the suggestions, keep them coming :D

About Mannoroth's blood path i havent decided it yet since its future patch, but u will know more once i release legion preview. Here some current ideas/data/work:
    + When legion is summoned, Legion gets Mannoroth as hero. (and other stuff).
    + You can send mannoroth blood path to warsong clan.
    + If warsong accepts the offer, they turn Fel Orcs faction. With fel orc units and some demons. Varok and Eitrigg hate the demons so they leave the clan, but Grom is empowered and they get Mannoroth as hero. Legion loses Mannoroth but gains a strong ally.
    + If Warsong refuses the offer, legion keeps Mannoroth. And maybe Grom becomes un revivable.

As i said these are just ideas for future patches and still in development phase but feel free to comment about them :-)
  4. Koliastraz

Koliastraz

If Mannoroth is revivable when you get him as Legion you could make it that if Warsong accepts blood pact and Frostwolf clan kills him he is permanently dead and Warsong rejoins Horde,if Warsong declines blood pact then when Legion kills Grom he is permanently dead but if Warsong kills Mannoroth while Grom is alive he gets empowerd (stat boost or he uses Mannoroths skull like shoulder pads like Garrosh so he gets armor boost idk) and if Grom already died then Mannoroth is just permanently dead.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  5. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

The message is a bit messy, or i feel it due to have everything in a single sentence :D. I really appreciate suggestions and ur idea looks good, but next time you talk about events, options or paths, try to write it in different sentences please. Like this (this is what i understood from ur suggestion):
    + If Warsong accepts deal. Mannoroth becomes unrevivable and if him dies (you say only to frostwolf but that is hard to do) Warsong rejoins to Horde.
    + If Warsong declines deal. Gromm becomes unrevivable, Legion gets Mannoroth as unrevivable hero and if Warsong manage to kill Mannoroth Grom is empowered.

Right?

I like the idea of the "duel for purity" in case Warsong reclines to join. But your "Frostwolf rescue" has a problem imo. Is a great idea and lore accurate, BUT has a little issue: players are human :D. I mean, people can rage quit, disconect, etc. And if they choose to betray horde and join legion and you force them to go back to horde killing Mannoroth, its quite probably (imo) that some of them will just quit game once Mannoroth dies, since they wont want to play again with Horde.

Thats why im trying to make paths only "one way", so u cant do pingpong change of sides. And is the player who decides to go a path or not, not forced by others, so he "defends his decision" and not just rage quit. Also im not designing "paths into paths into paths", cause they would be weird to see, i think the only one with 2 step pathing is Silver Hand, and Crusade and Silver Hand is nearly the same, just name swap and +1 hero. Other factions have 2 paths (u will see them soon) but they are options for the player: chose path A or path B, not a ping pong pathing decided by someone who kills u. All i do is "encourage" to a path if something happens, trying to balance the game, but not forcing a player into a way he doesnt want so i hope to get less rage quit players.

But i like ur idea. And if i finally add Mannoroth path in the future, the "duel" part might be there ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Koliastraz

Koliastraz

Yeah you are right I didn't think about the rage quit option that players have and pingpong path is probably a bad idea if you want to avoid that.I mostly use lore when thinking about events,paths,etc and don't take in account player part of the game .Sry for the messy writing,if I comment in the future I will try to write more understandable comments.
  7. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Yeah, i like how much u know lore and ur ideas are cool. I think the same way, then i rethink it having in mind "could people exploit this? Will people break the game with this? They will quit due to this?" :D. Thats why its taking me soooo much time to end the map :D. I will like to read whatever other idea u have in the future, we all improve together so dont feel bad for a bit messy first idea ;)
    • Like Like x 1