1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WIP [REBORN] Feedback

Discussion in 'War in the Plaguelands [Reborn]' started by AkechiMitsuhide, Dec 5, 2016.

1. AkechiMitsuhide

AkechiMitsuhide

Feedback will be read and small hotfixes will be updated now. All the major updates are done for now. Tackling on smaller versions for balance updates and bugs and sticking to 1.5 for a bit. So go play 1.5 and post that feedback in thorough details please. (Getting tired of "this unit sucks or this hero sucks or anything with the vague details.)
  2. elfic

elfic

Hm, nice release, but you forgot to add empowered Araj and Ammenar in the game!
    Alright, might as well use the chance to throw some of the old and new shit in. Baron's bloodlust doesn't grant it's vamp/+15 dmg in the outer circle of the buff radius. So, basicly bloodlust and the other buffs have different radius. It's confusing. And probably not even working as intended.
    These new ballistas. Obviously a small feature, but why are they even not immune to magic? Teal's ones are probably even more useless as are in the outer gates. So lb might as well just come close and death coil them from time to time, lol. Aaand they are considered as air units. Some heroes can't attack air. Gandling, for example. Oh, ofc, it's because they are the same old scarlet ballistas, which can be posessed by Kel'thuzad... Ye, make them magic immune.
    I'm not sure why there're 2 Bulwark scourge towers with upgrades and acolytes availiable... but at least what I know for sure that it doesn't have its own rally, but are instead tied to Andorhal's rally... Sadly couldn't check which one is used for the actual spawn and which one doesn't spawn.
    Gandling's tooltips. It says 1/2/3 sec, but on the spell itself it's like 10/15/20, I believe? And the latter are correct and at least are logical. Rank 3 also says 7 armor debuff on the spell itself when chosen, but it's 10. Matches the tooltip in the spellbook. A strange spell, not complaining, but strange to have it considering Theolen already has a corruption orb effect.
    Change Aurius' item effect, cmon.
    Strange that you try to encourage west agression when in fact it was never stale, caputurable bases might only help Scarlet to snowball asap when pink is trying to do something with his 6 unit spawn, it's east that is the camp fiesta, but idk we'll see.
  3. Kael89

Kael89 Grand Admiral of Kul'Tiras

Map is really cool. But i have suggestion. For me legion is too op. I played as teal and i do legion (alone, red lose saidan) ez i killed 3 man sciurge alone when 3 man scarlet army cant do this. I think legion team need small nerf
    Sorry for bad grammar
  4. Acadian

Acadian

they might of just been scrubs?
  5. evgeni_1996

evgeni_1996

Just so you know somebody uploaded wip 1.5 and I'm guessing it's the version you took down from epicwar and didn't upload yourself because of the bugs like no Araj and the other things elfic said. I hope you don't get pissed enough to take out the ver and not upload the correct one when it's finished.

And some feedback.

The terrain looks great and the new models looks pretty but there are more problems than elfic mentioned.

Thanks to the WoW-like terrain blue and dg will get steamrolled once they start getting pushed. The distance between them is way too big and they have no direct link unguarded by the undead. The scourge can attack full force 1 of them and it's 2vs1 and until the other gets to his ally the scarlet player being assaulted would have lost most of his army and possibly gotten outaimed.

I love how the monastery has so many chokes but also multiple entrances far from eachother that if he gets hit he's instantly fucked.

Gandling's Q and actually anti-magic shell on heroes is the most useless skill in the game. First reason is skills don't do THAT much dmg and it's mostly auto attacks that kill the heroes. Second reason is the fact that a normal Banshee unit has the same skill. I'm not exacly sure about the values but if somebody really wanted an anti-magic shell they'd just take a banshee.

Kel's DnD still destroys trees like for instance the trees in the north preventing passage between west and east plaguelands.

Why exacly do some colours like DG start with so many prebuilt Scout towers even 1 is too much. You can't destroy them and they are worse than an empty slot. Do you think invisible units are THAT much of a problem? If somebody needs vision the empty slots would provide enough. Also you start getting the vision from the scouts as soon as they start getting built so you can just start and stop it if you want to peek a bit further and you don't want to send a normal unit.

Tested the "demi revive cost" for horgus and soulwrath. Both were free. I thought it was gonna be just horgus since he was an open slot player but I was gray.

Faerlina's ultimate (that is shared with others like Thane) feels weak compared to others like Lightstorm. A frost nova is nice but it says 200 dmg (actually 300) and still for that long cd it should do more considering late game units are way tankier than that. I mean this ultimate doesn't even have a slow even if it's a short like a normal frost nova's. To top it off it has no single target dmg like a frost nova so it's just the aoe. Meaning you can't even use it to burst dmg a hero since a normal frost nova on a hero would do 275 and this would do only 25 more.
  6. elfic

elfic

First of all, kekekkekkekekek
    Then, I have to disagree of the early judgement that dg and blue will be easy to take down separately. After all, we haven't yet tested, but that might indeed be the case due to this mountain terrain to dg. I have to remind that gray and pink bases are also easily separated, moreover, unlike blue and dg, pink can't fight without gray. If I remember correctly his spawn is 20ish food on t4 without outposts and are also mainly castera. Moreover, we don't know how fights gonna start now. Everything plays a role: starting with the distance to cauldron ending with fences placement. Maybe now dg and blue can snowball uncontrollably, we haven't tried ourselves, especially with the nerfed (correct word, I believe) Gandling. Especially with capturable caudrons and Bulwark. Terrain plays a major role and what we only know for sure - that it hasn't been tested yet (obvious reasons). But sure, if scourge holds it, it's as easy as taking down Andorhal.
  7. Lunelune

Lunelune Known double post Inquisitor, and Heretic caller. Brigand

Uhm, where is the 1.5C patch located?
  8. Leon Volcove

Leon Volcove

Ummm what is Tyr's hand back up base? and where?
  9. Woodenplank

Woodenplank Brigand Map Maker

Please change the abbrevation to "WitP" as "WIP" usually stands for "work in progress".

I actually haven't played the map since it's "rebirth", but if you're keeping it anything like the old deal I'll say good on you for picking it up.
  10. Lunelune

Lunelune Known double post Inquisitor, and Heretic caller. Brigand

How is the progress on the patch going? :-)