1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(WIP) Skyrim: Dragon Wars

Discussion in 'Custom Ideas for maps' started by Marshmalo, May 21, 2016.

1. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Skyrim_Logo1.png
    SKYRIM: Dragon Wars

A project reborn

Some of you may be aware of an old project of mine sarted long ago: SKYRIM: Dragon Wars, this was dropped years ago but now Blizzard have announced there intention to update WC3 and increase the map size limit I have decided to restart this old map and finish it.

Skyrim Dragon Wars is based on the lore of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and allows players to play one of the great holds of Skyrim as well as various other factions. It centers around the civil war between Windhelm and Solitude for the independance of Skyrim as well as the great conflict with the Dragon Ulduin and his bid for dominance.

Players controling one of Skyrims holds start off neutral to eachother and can decide whether to side with Solitude or Windhelm or stay neutral and focus on the Dragon threat.

Every Faction will have a second chance option like in LTA. Buildings within a capital city can be conquered and rebuilt again, but players can also build their own outposts which are known as camps.

Playable Factions

WINDHELM: Seat of power for the rebel leader Ulfric Stormcloak, vehemently opposed to imperial rule. Windhelm starts at war with Solitude.

SOLITUDE: A major power within Skyrim and seat of the current Queen. It's King has just been killed by Ulfric thus begining the great civil war. Both Windhelm and Solitude will need to use diplomacy to gain new allies in their war.

WINTERHOLD: A powerful yet secluded college of mages, although secretive, when their college and town are underthreat they respond will the full power of Winterhold College.

WHITERUN: Powerful faction ruled by Jarl, Balgruuf the Greater. Can train Werewolves of the Companions Guild.

MORTHAL: Ruled by Jarl Ingrid Ravencrone; a decrepid yet wise woman with the powers of foresight. Although a dark and dreary place the citys proximity to the marshes has allowed its citizens some resistence against unholy magic.

DAWNSTAR: Supporters of Ulfric Stormcloak and ruled by Jarl Skald the Elder, able to train preists of Vaermina at Nightcrawler Temple.

MARKARTH:
    Formerly a Dwarven fortress located within the Reach, Markarth is now ruled by Jarl Igmund.

ALDUIN: Alduin must work together with his Dragon Priest allies to bring the Holds of Skyrim under his control one by one. Although formible in battle by himself, his main strnge lie sin his ability to summon his Dragonkin and expand his army by awakening entombed Dragon Priests and Draugr within the ancient Nordic Crypts.

DRAGON PRIESTS: Servants of Alduin, empowered by the Dova and able to comand the vast undead armies of Draugr. If allowed to become too strong the Dragon Priests and Alduin are a major threat to Skyrim which should not be ignored.

DAWNSTAR FORTRESS: The Order of Dawnstar are a group of Vampire hunters commited to destroying unholy evil within Skyrim, their main aim is vanquish the Vampire Lord Harkon and his Volkihar Clan.

VOLKIHAR CLAN: The most powerful Vampire sect within Skyrim, they seek to bring about the endless night and could potientially become a huge threat to Skyrim if they are allowed to grow in power. This is the only faction which may ally Alduin and his Dragon Priests.

Game Features:

- 11 Playable Factions
    - Fully scaleable walls and siege battles
    - Control point income
    - Mining Iron Ore can also increase your income
    - Ingame events and conquerable factions
    - Conquerable cities combined with player built ones.

SKYRIM 1.JPG

SKYRIM 3.JPG

SKYRIM 2.JPG

SKYRIM 4.JPG

SKYRIM 5.JPG

SKYRIM 6.JPG
    • Like Like x 18
    • This This x 1
    Last edited: May 21, 2016
  2. Arlt

Arlt the Last Emperor Advisor Legend

Awesome as always. ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Empress Azshara

Empress Azshara UoS Chieftain Brigand Donator

OMG this map. Marsh are you using magic for your Maps?
  4. Spampolice

Spampolice The Whispering God Shaman

Just when i thought i was getting disintrested in WC3 in general, and that you were gone Marsh, you pull this shit.
    my dick is diamonds.
    when will we see something playable?
    • This This x 1
  5. Manetho

Manetho Super Soldier Brigand

Well umm since everyone is saying that it is amazing which it indeed seems to be... I am just gonna be the dick in here c:

Where is the conflict between the stormcloaks and the emperor troops, did the stormcloaks win in this?
    It says 11 playable factions but I can only see 10
  6. Marshmalo

Thanks guys! I posted the WIPs to try and get some encouragement so its great to have feedback to keep me motivated :-)

lol well theres alot to do, I will have to release it in stages like I did with LTA, so first Alpha version will feature Dawnstar, Volkihar Clan, Alduin, Dragon Preists and 3 of the Skyrim hold factions. So it will be a "demo" version to test things out which will be slowly expanded as terrain and factions are added.

No your not being a dick at all, looks like I forgot to include Solitude in my description! The Civil war is a major part of this and the game starts at the begining of the war. I'll fix the description.
  7. Manetho

Manetho Super Soldier Brigand

Additionally.. Seeing Skyrim being called Elder Scrolls 3 did hurt me innerly :D
    • This This x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Marshmalo

Sorry, dyslexic moment :oops:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Uther01

Uther01 God of champions Brigand Map Maker

Seems good actually =D
    Mind doing a test game?
  10. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

Where is Dragonborn ?!?!

Would be nice to see Vampires x Dawnguard, Stormcloak rebelion vs Legion, Alduin x Dragonborn