1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Work in progress] LTA 1.56 Changelog

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by Draupne, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Draupne

Draupne Won't get any more fun than what you make yourself Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,635 / 10 / -49
    • Like Like x 17
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. FruitSalad

FruitSalad

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -1
    Aegwynn PepeHands
  3. Catan

Catan

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Sounds nice, but
    - The train limit of Workers has been removed. WHY
    • This This x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. ZeroFlotsie

ZeroFlotsie Lord of Hate Shaman Legendary Donator

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 13 / -29
    So many good changes lemme list the ones I mostly appreciate :D

- The train limit of Workers has been removed.
    - The seas of LTA are now inhabited by Pirates, renegade naga and even krakens. Look out for your exiled hero squad fleeing in a boat! I GENUINELY LOVE THIS @Spampolice FEAR THE PIRATES
    - Industrial Horde path has been renamed back to True Horde, among other misc. features.
    - Rend Blackhand can now once more summon Nefarian. Consider Nefarian to be vanilla Browns final quest in the same fashion as Lich King for Blue.
    - There has been a cleanup of all tribute units of the L:TA community, with the exception of Harald and Crab’themar.
    - Several passageways in the map that are theoretically lore-incorrect have been filled with destroyable rock chunks to mitigate this fact somewhat, while still keeping the way open.
    - The Lich King has Remorseless Winter once more. MY BOI IS BACK

- Fixed the horrendous looping sound bug constantly playing around the Black Temple

Thank you very much @Draupne for picking LTA up again.
    • This This x 1
  5. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,567 / 14 / -39
    Looking nice ! I don't agree with everything but it is shaping up to be great !

Changes I like most :
    Stromgarde, Loch Modan and Burning Steppes reterrains. All these look much better functionally ! Kargath might be amazing as well ! but I'm not sure till I test that in game.
    Goblin Shredders have 150 less hit points, a less widespread attack dice, and 25 less lumber capacity each harvest run. Shredders may no longer Repair mechanical units or structures. I like this a lot, they were too good.
    The Doom Guards periodically spawning at the Draenor Rifts have been removed. This was too annoying to manage for a lot of people after the Outland battle ended, better have it gone.
    A new type of capturable building has been added around Lordaeron, named Lordaeron Tower. These structures are capturable towers with a long vision range, good for scouting for attacks and using as reliable TP scroll targets. Lordaeron towers can be found in Eastern Plaguelands, Tirisfal and Hillsbrad. I like this, but I'm wondering if they become active immediately upon capture and gain full health. They would be terrible defensive positions in that case. It's better if they become unactif on capture, and then need an upgrade that costs a bit of gold and lumber, and most importantly, time. A building that switches owners is more devastating to the defensive player, because it can hit that players catapults and cannot hit the attacker's, among other disadvantages.
    I hope to see a Nefarian rework, the mixture of spells he has now feels really bad to me, and that he is unavailable for other brown paths.

I like all other things, except that I'm sad to see the worker limits gone ! (ghouls being able to harvest included in this)
    And I'm not sure about this implementation for san'layn, you get rewards for taking the quest, then you suicide Illidan and join the Scourge/Cult for free ? In my idea world, the scourge looses something for accepting san'layn, and not something small. Or just not having san'layn at all because loosing things isn't fun.

Other than these two points, everything looks nice, just don't forget to revert the blood elves to normal red if you are using maroon for the scarlet crusade. (it should be somewhere in the init triggers, an action that makes blood elves maroon, or did I remove that ? I don't know !)
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Kolladan

Kolladan Ambassador of the Poor Legion

Ratings:
    +508 / 17 / -73
    How Illidan's Mission works now? I just tested in 1.54e, even if he fails the mission, he still remain in Fel Elf Pact. So strange....
    • This This x 1
  7. Spampolice

Spampolice The Whispering God Shaman

Ratings:
    +1,618 / 33 / -137
    well
    i guess we're playing this map again
    • This This x 1
  8. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +207 / 7 / -22
    For a lot of the stuff I am positive but also for maybe an equal amount of stuff I am simply neutral.
    The one negative thing I see is the removal of the cap on workers, I don't like this. :x
    At least make it so that if you spam out too many workers you get a chance for an event - communist rebellion or revolution among your workers for they then become the driving force of your empire and forge a new destiny for themselves! :D

Now for some stuff I think you missed: KJeaden (when summoned) still has that global ability to throw Infernals anywhere on the fucking map... And Sylvanas + Demons alliance can last the whole game. You should either revert it back to it being broken automatically 10 or 15 minutes after start (If Pink player doesn't just decide to do it earlier himself ofc); OR make it so that their alliance is instantly broken when Kil Jeaden summoning starts (best option). (If they want a real alliance then make them go through the motions of Putress betrayal and takeover with Varimatharis!). :]

Total sum: Excited for the new developments!! :-)
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  9. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

Ratings:
    +1,975 / 64 / -139
    Et tu, SvnmS?

Actually the only above the average unit in Green´s roster. Quite sad to see it nerfed

I dont like this one:
    - Troll Brawlers and Ice Troll Brawlers have had their Evasion rating, movement speed, attack range and magic resistance nerfed.

Also where is "Dwarves no longer start as a part of Broken Alliance. To rejoin the Broken Alliance you either have to destroy Kargath/Blackrock/Dragonmaw port or lose Ironforge and 15 minutes must have passed since the start of the game" ;)
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  10. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,567 / 14 / -39
    I'm not sure about the Troll Brawlers and Ice Troll Brawlers either, I have no idea how much they got nerfed so I didn't comment on it. If it's very small changes on all those values, then it should be fine. But they might have been sent into oblivion again.

Also, I don't think the nerf to shredders affects the fights that much, at least not the large ones, it does make them much weaker in skirmishes where they can't keep healing forever without enough damage from the opposing side.
    And green wasn't really weak, so it isn't a big deal. I did nerf the lumber collection rate previously, Draupne nerfed the capacity, but the capacity shouldn't be as big a hit as a collection rate hit.
    • Informative Informative x 1