1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Work in progress] LTA 1.56 Changelog

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by Draupne, Sep 25, 2018.

1. ZeroFlotsie

ZeroFlotsie Lord of Hate Shaman Legendary Donator

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 13 / -29
    So when is 24 player lta becoming a thing? :D
  2. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

Ratings:
    +1,975 / 64 / -139
    My issue is that whenever Horde gets nerfed it doesnt get a compesation elsewhere. Horde was indeed a rather OP faction before True Horde and Maghar paths and addition of Orange but since then it is one of the weakest factions. Mainly due to its difficult starting position.

My general prediction would be that since new update Horde in South will abandon Kargath and trade it for Dragonmaw Port and Earthen Ring.
    • Like Like x 1
    • What? What? x 1
  3. ZeroFlotsie

ZeroFlotsie Lord of Hate Shaman Legendary Donator

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 13 / -29
    This, now that the dragonmaw port is no longer a main base, I can see horde just abandoning Kargath and going there. Get there events and rejoin their allies on Aerie Peak.
  4. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +646 / 16 / -55
    I swear it does and used to work in 1.53. I don't think anything changed in 1.54.

If I remember correctly If you kill Frozen throne yourself you get to keep illidan and the Naga when you accept pact. The trigger doesn't work sometimes but when it does Illidan says a voice line: "You and your Lich King duped me once, Now I have the upper hand"
    However if you fail or don't complete the mission you can still go Fel Elves. However you lose illidan and the Naga.
    • This This x 1
  5. Kolladan

Kolladan Ambassador of the Poor Legion

Ratings:
    +508 / 17 / -73
    So if its in concept supposed to look as earlier before (Rekt LK to be a worthy ally, or suck a dick with a solo pathetic fel Kael) then the whole Illidan Mission is now gonna looks really ridiculous. And now its gonna smth looks like: "Daddy, give me the mission!" - "Empower my potential enemy in Outland giving him additional resources to rush me, while I'm handling the Fel Horde, who is trying to survive only, because its his only way to do such a thing. And also give my worst enemy, the Scourge additional potential ally, because being a Fel Elf with a solo Kael sucks, while rekting 2 fucking OP Scourge players for a poor Illidan is a nearly impossible thing.... Sure. Why not?"
    I am really thinking that it must be a properly remade somehow.
  6. Spectator

Ratings:
    +646 / 16 / -55
    Ah You still ally Legion if you fail mission just lose illidan and Vashj. It shouldn't be Solo Kael either. Should Kael and The other Blood elf hero Valera sangilur or something. Seems good. Illidan and Vashj allied to Legion is retardedly OP. It's only fair a sacrifice is needed to gain that much power. Plus you are still quite good support to Legion as fel elves. Solo you are not good but grouped your synergy with Legion is crazy.

The whole thing is just unfair to Fel Horde tho. A planned illidari and Legion alliance can just rekt Fel Horde. When illidari happens, Legion can just leave and go somewhere else while Fel Horde has to fight or get fully wiped out. Usually therefore Legion and Illidari just team up on Fel Horde who has 0 chance. Yes I know Illidari can ally Fel Horde too but that's just a stupid alliance. Unless you are doing it for cosplay reasons, I don't see a damned reason why illidari would want to ally shitty Fel Horde. Illidari-Legion Alliance is 10 times stronger than Illidari-shitty Fel Horde alliance.

As for Scourge it's not hard to take out or for better word cripple. Legion can totally mess up Undead's early game by going to Northrend and farming it early. Meanwhile illidari and Legion are sorta a conter to undead and have far better economy than Undead in early game. Only Thing is Blue/Cult will turtle up being their OP Chokepoint like a bitch and that's quite hard to take out but just most sieges in LTA over a long cancerous time you eventually can take it out but usually it's 2 hour in the game and you have crashed by then.
  7. Kolladan

Kolladan Ambassador of the Poor Legion

Ratings:
    +508 / 17 / -73
    Thats the main thing: it happens only in pre-made games, where you're with some buddy plan a setup before game even starts. In not premade Both Legion and Illidari one-way or another will have a huge troubles of establishing such an alliance. Mostly in not pre-made games the illidari will just rekt both opponents, while they will fight each other and then just will be fooling around (or subdue a FH, as a last chance, rather than trying to defeat the Scourge). The whole Outland situation is unfortunately is heavy relied on pre-made things, which is completely not right
    • Like Like x 1
  8. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +207 / 7 / -22
    Well the existence of the mission to kill LK by Illidan (as prerequisite for joining either Legion or Scourge) is what delays Legion-Illidari alliance from just ganging up on Fel Horde at start.
  9. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane

Ratings:
    +665 / 18 / -61
    Illidari should lose the Blood Elves and Kael when he joins Legion
    This alliance is way too strong anyway, 2 solo races together, exactly like Dark Iron and Twilight Hammer
    Decrease the maximun amount of heroes this alliance can have would be one way to make it viable

Removing BE from this alliance would also give a point to both stay Illidari and join scourge
    Failing the mission could in opposite make Illidan permadie, and turning red into Fel elves, and losing naga

Well to be fair I don't like the fact that sanlyn is tied to legion rather than scourge, it already doesn't happen that often
    And its not supergreat either, it should rather be buffed and mechanic staying like on previous version
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Spectator

Ratings:
    +646 / 16 / -55
    Not exactly. I barely ever play with a teammate, specially in hostile teams when it comes to LTA. However I pretty much always secure a illidari-Legion alliance as Illidari. Hell I even done that almost every time in Netease China and I barely no one and barely communicate with them.

If you assume players are rational and are trying their best to win, instead of roleplaying. (This is how you think about balance). Then it only makes sense for illidari and Teal to ally. All I usually do is after illidari is just private message Teal and ask for ally. I have done is a lot of times and answer was always YES. Sometimes Legion has a battle with me to test my skill and check If it's worthy ally and after losing they accept. Teal then just leaves outland and goes Northend and tol-barad where he can just creep contested and probs get more gold then than from Outland.

Meanwhile Rekting Fel Horde as illidari is quite easy, specially if Legion helps too but not really needed. You see, as illidari I'm not stupid enough to ever choose alliance with Dark Horde instead of Legion. Legion is far more powerful than shitty dark horde. So unless Legion is DCed or outright sucks I'm gonna ally him.

Trusting Legion is a bit harder to ally but I Take the Risk. Illidari is probably Legion's strongest ally if I succeed mission so I see no reason for Legion to betray unless I fail. Not only that OJ and Brown suck as Legion allies and barely accept. Only competitor is Forsaken but Forsaken also barely goes Legion path. So no Legion and illidari should ally almost every time even if they don't know each other but are trying to win the game.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1