1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrath of the Lich King (map project)

Discussion in 'Custom Projects' started by TheForgotten1, Jan 2, 2018.

1. TheForgotten1

TheForgotten1

I have been working for few days with my new project - Wrath of the Lich King. Its gonna be control points based map just like LTA, LTF or Azeroth Wars.

Teams
    It's gonna be 4v8 for first 20-25 mins when Horde and Alliance will start war it will change into 4v4v4 with possible betrayals and forming of new teams (legion and others).

Factions
    Lich King
    Main Scourge faction, starting only in Northrend. Lich King will have choice on what to focus on early game: Attack Orgrimmar or Attack Stormwind. After doing it he will have 15 mins to destroy Orgrimmar or Stormwind for reward, if he wont to it in time he won't get reward. After such time he will get tped back to Northrend and lose all buildings here. To make Lich King less aimable, since you lose Scourge after losing him Frozen Throne will have spell to teleport Lich King back to it (5 min cooldown 10s cast time).

Cult of the Damned
    Scourge power in lordaeron, controlling Stratholme and Scholomance. CotD will have hard time fighting with Ebon Hold, Argent Dawn and Forsaken in Lordaeron, but well-fortified Scholomance and Stratholme will help him in it. After Deatholme win fight in Quel'Thalas it can help CotD in Lordaeron.

Deatholme
    Deatholme starts in Quel'Thalas, fighting Silvermoon in early game. After 10 mins gates of Quel'Thalas will be opened, allowing forces in Lordaeron to help Silvermoon or CotD to help Deatholme.

San'Lyn
    San'Lyn starts in Northrend, it can easily creep a bit in early game, and then help others in their fights. San'Lyn is support race, focused on backline. It starts with very strong, but unrevivable hero - Lana'Thel and have chance to get Quel'Delar.

Horde
    Horde is only faction starting in Kalimdor, and as long as Scourge won't hit Orgrimmar it can beacome strong. After War with Alliance Horde have to pick Warchief - Cairne or Garrosh. Picking Cairne will give horde possibility to ally Tanuka and buff for Tauren and Troll units. Garrosh will give possibility to ally Ogres and giving buffs to Orc units. Garrosh can form True Horde, betraying everyone else, losing Trolls and Taurens, but getting very strong Orc units and more Ogre support.

Stormwind
    Stormwind is faction starting in South Eastern Kingdoms. After War with Horde Stormwind can choose new ally - Gilneas or Night Elves. Allying Gilneas is gonna give Stormwind strong base in Lordaeron and support from Worgens lead by Genn Greymane. Allying Night Elves give Stormwind base very close to Horde, Astranaar and very strong Sentinel units with Shandris Feathermoon.

Kirin Tor
    Kirin Tor is support faction, which can easily move from one base to second. It starts in Theramore and Tirisfal Glades. After 10 mins it can build New Dalaran in Northrend, getting buffs for Mages. In war between Alliance and Horde it joins Alliance, and can ally Kul Tiras to help in fight against Horde.

Silvermoon
    Silvermoon starts in Quel'Thalas fighting Deatholme. It can choose elite unit - Magister, unit focused on AOE spells, Farstriders focused on heroaiming and focused damage, Blood Knights focused on tanking damage and healing.

Argent Crusade
    Argent Crusade is controlling strongest Alliance Hero - Tirion Fordring, but it have weak not-herosquad units. After War between Alliance and Horde it sides with Alliance, but Tirion beacomes weaker, in exchange of getting stronger units.

Forsaken
    Forsaken is cotrolling most of undeads, which fight Lich King. It starts with capital in Undercity, which is easy to hold. Forsaken units are weak, but they are cheap and get strong after War between Horde and Alliance. In war it sides with Horde. Forsaken can side with Putress - forming or joining Legion.

Ironforge
    Ironforge starts with only Wildhammer Dwarfs. After sending aid to Gnomeregan it can get help of Gnomes and their Machines. After War between Horde and Alliance it sides with Alliance, getting possibility of alliance with Wildhammer Clan. It also can choose Dark Iron path, getting very strong units but betraying everyone.

Ebon Hold
    Ebon Hold starts with almost no gold and units. It's goal is to get all Four Horsemen. After War between Alliance and Horde it sides with Horde.

I'm gonna post screenshots after i'm gonna finish more parts of map.
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Julian

Julian just a simple Lich

i am up for this map
  3. Bersekr21

Bersekr21 Boneless

This sounds good. Looking foward to finding out more about the map
  4. Skillerino

Skillerino one fool once told me have faith in humanity

After all i like your idea of the map there are just some points that i don´t understand or don´t like everything is in red.
  5. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

I suggest u to merge Sanlayn and Deatholme. Making It a single faction of darkfallen, aka undead el es. This gives more options to Brown and at the same time u dont have a useless faction creeping northrend while his team is outnumbered in lordaeron.

Im echange i suggest u to split cotd im stratholme (dg) and scholomance (gray). Defend two diferente bases is really Hard, and if u are outnumbered its nearly imposible, spliting It into two allied factions makes It lore balances to me. Them two vs forsaken, Argent and ebon hold, and what could come from outside of lordaeron.

U have tons of options for heroes to have cotd splited in two factions, like making scholomance more related to barov family and worgen, and making stratholme more related With kelthuzzad and flying metrópolis.

U could even create an event for scholomance player to get the shadow of arugal and his worgen. Since barov family now are spirits and Still serve the lk. Having other spirit could fit. And arugal serves the lk too. This creates options to u in northrend for this faction too.

Summarizing, u have 3 uds in lordaeron, surrounded by enemies and With cool events in northrend if they manage to go there when they corrupt all lordaeron. And u have the lk in northrend, securing It and becoming strong as hell, to launch his attack agaisnt a capital to try to maim one of those factions to help his servants to win the war. And if he is in danger he can always tp back to the safety of icecrown and see how horde and alliance kill each other.

Pd: u can also set ebon hold in ud team at start to make It lore balanced 5 vs 7, and when the war between horde and alliance strikes, they get free from lich King and joins the horde as u want. How at start they would be killing the Argent dawn or even kirin tor/stormwind troops, that wont be a problem cause they will be Still enemies later.
    • This This x 1
  6. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Burn it! Website Admin

Why would the Ebon Blade search for the 4 Horsemen during WotLK?
    The Ebon Blade ist the Death Knight order of the Lichking Arthas Menethil, before it became rouge due to multiple reasons at Light's Hope Chapel.
    While the Four Horsemen are stationed in Naxxramas under orders of Kel'Thuzad.

I think you mix up this bit with Legion lore, which happens over a decade later.
  7. TheForgotten1

TheForgotten1

four horsemen is so ebon hold can have more content
    and about san'lyn and splitting cotd into scholo and strat im gonna think about it
    • Like Like x 1
  8. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Burn it! Website Admin

Would rather give them the path choice to go 'Host of Suffering' in order to remain with the Scourge team or actual base events, wheras they obtain additional bases and forces when subdueing Eastern Plaguelands (for example, destruction of New Avalon and Tyr's Hand, destruction of Scarlet Crusade bases etc.)

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Host_of_Suffering

Also... speaking of Scarlet Crusade/Risen - why aren't they an option as a player race. Especially in the initial game they're pretty much more relevant than maybe other listed factions.
    I rather would scrap Deathholme, merge Deathholme faction either with Scourge-affilated Ebon Blade or Cult of the Damned and turn them instead into the Scarlet Crusade.
    Scarlet Crusade can either obtain Putress and the rouge Forsaken as allies, if they shift over into Risen, thus becoming a powerful solo race under the Legion's controll
    or purely focus on the fanatic holy side, thus being a Lordaeron focused solo faction.
    Pure Scarlet Crusade could also have the option to ally up with Stormwind, but in order to do so, Stormwind loses its Alliance with the Dwarves and the Night Elves.

Alternatively Argent Crusade could start out as the Scarlet Crusade, but if people have the choice between Risen, pure Scarlet Crusade path & Argent Crusade, then Argent Crusade should be the weakest of the three paths imo. Else it ends up as in LTA, where people rather stick with The Alliance rather than making more interesting choices, as the solo paths are shit against a 3-4 man team.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Excalibur

Excalibur

I'm very interested in this kind of map.