1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZOMBIE RISING EA: Info + Screenshots + Link to Latest Version

Discussion in 'Rise of the Vampyr & Evil Awakened' started by Marshmalo, Jan 7, 2018.

1. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Arrabella is an interesting name btw. Only heard it once before in my life, in a movie about some young writer girl from movie Atonement where at start a girl writes a play called "The Trials of Arrabella". :p random superficial info. :-)
    Didn't watch the movie, just had to do the translation and subtittles for the first 4 or 5 minutes of the movie for a thing in uni. :]
  2. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

The issue with Hellmode in its current form is just that it increases raw hp and dmg (if I recall correctly) which is simply boring since bosses should not reach you and makes everything a bulletsponge. Had it added some new spells to the bosses, new hellmode unique content or changed the gameplay/pace in some way I think it would be more popular.

Speaking of bosses. 90% of bosses have more or less 0 mechanics. They are just a huge uninteresting pile of meat. I would add some interesting challenging, preferably dodgeable mechanics to something like in Impossible Bosses (although in much more humble scale). Be it as simple as a Flamestrike-like ability that has like 5 second cast time and huge AoE and dmg. Hellmode difficulty could reduce the cast time to 3 seconds etc.

Another feature that could be added and add replayability would be some randomness except the item drops. Maybe multiple paths, random bosses and creeps etc.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Excalibur

Excalibur

w3q is the Technology upgrade.
  4. Wipe away the time

Wipe away the time

I`7E_OD`S6@Q@`XS36H8W9M.png W2%SJ3AQ@V4T1%EX%T~{{[I.png [$VZ%F@H}%4JTQQJQ`0S8LS.png
    `~D)0QG@{W}U$IS4HE`5_J7.png KRO{KEVD71KKCB2FX4YB[MK.png QD9UZ@XZ[]1P$MP7}G%}}UT.png

Attached Files:

5. Erika

Erika

If you have a Save-Load system for your Zombie Rising(Heroic Town and dwarven monster slayers), the game will be more fun.
    Players will then play the game harder and become more motivated.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Simone

Simone

Check HIVE for whacky suggestion. ;d <3
  7. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Thanks, I chose it firstly because it's a pretty name and in latin it derives from the word "orabilis" which means yeilding to prayer, so it's very fitting :-)

I completely agree! Though it's not just hellmode where encounters need to be more interesting it's the whole game. Though there are some areas where a straightup simple boss fight are fine, I would like to add more unique aspects to each encounter. For example the ecent mage guild area has a little trick to it which requries co-ordination between players, and some areas already have some interesting aspects.

The boring stuff like the dwarf cave needs to go, I'm working on a new area which some interesting features. The new area will replace the dwarven mines area and feature a village where you gain a bonus for each villager you save, have to deal with 3 bosses with new abilities and that are "conected" and will also feature tactical mines which you can detonate when you get over run. So should be alot more fun than just a standard kill fight!

Ok I still dont understand what that is sorry.

Ok I'm impressed you managed to complete the map with just 2 people, and very clever what you did at the mages Guild by saving the level shards to replenish your mana :-)

I dont know how a save load system would work, if you let people load a level 20 character then the game will just be too easya nd boring for those people that start with a level 1 character, it wont work.
  8. Simone

Simone

The map is actually far easier to play with 2-3 people.. :x Earlier levels, less split money.. etc..

No love for HIVE? :<
  9. d'sparil

d'sparil

somebuddy have a link of that cinematic? youtube link don't work anymore.