1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZR Evil Awakened 1.50

Discussion in 'Rise of the Vampyr & Evil Awakened' started by Marshmalo, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Zombie Rising - Evil Awakened
    ZR Logo.png
    Version 1.50

DL LINK: https://www.epicwar.com/maps/284634/

WARNING : Map no longer works with latest WC3 Patch 1.30! Players will crash one by one 20 minutes into game. This used to be one of my most stable maps but now I'm afraid its unplayable along with all my other maps. Obviously theres no point in me updating any of my other maps until the issues brought on by Patch 1.30 are fixed. The only consolation I have is that chinese players of this map will still be able to play it as they use their own WC3 platform to play custom games on. (@LALAGOODWIN @Excalibur )

NEW CONTENT:

- New area has been added: "Blackthicket Village" along with new boss encounter and chapter: "The Blood Harvest"
    - This includes our introduction to a new character: "Alrrict The Pious" and reveals the strained relationship between the "Daughters of the Priestess" and "Order of Hoeth" factions.
    - Each Guardian starts with a unique low level, limited use item.
    - The general goods vendor now also sells Engineering repair Kits, the Engineer's Guildmaster hero can then use these to repair mechanical units like Trebuchets and Cannons. Can only be used by the Guildmaster.
    - The Engineer hero now also becomes invisible for 7 seconds when casting his Doppleganger ability which ensures he loses aggro from creeps when using Mirror image

Awakened Evil Screenshot BTV speech.JPG

CHARACTER LORE: Arabella Chaist

Priestess Site Image.png
    CLASS: The Priestess
    FACTION: Daughters of the Priestess

"Every 100 years the powers of Hoeth; God of light and healing, manifest themselves within a young girl of lowly birth. She is always from a poor, peasant family but gifted with kindness and a nurturing nature.

Arrabella was just 8 when the divine powers began to shine within her, since then they have bloomed along with her growing fame across the land. But she has chosen to shun the summons of the King and the riches of the powerful lords to be with the peasantry of Northiem. Like so many Priestesses before her she has chosen to remain where she can do most good.

But a burden rests heavy on her shoulders, for as her powers grow she senses something dark and sinister rising throughout Northiem, a malignant but creeping shadow that spreads through the cursed land...

As she sits and prays within her church she is not alone. Five guardians argue among themselves about the best way to protect her, but as the undead surround her sacred home she realizes it is too late. The evil she feared has awakened and only one path remains before her..."

CHARACTER LORE: Alrrict The Pious
    Priest of Hoeth Sight Image.png
    CLASS: Priest of Hoeth
    FACTION: Order of Hoeth

"Like many of his peers, Alrrict believes himself to be a devout and steadfast follower of Hoeth. His unrelenting devotion to the light is without question, he firmly believes this undead plague to be a divine punishment from Hoeth wrought upon man for their sins. He has gathered his flock of followers at Blackthicket Village and has coerced them into sacrificing themselves and their families to purge them of their sins!

Alrrict is distrustful of the Priestess, the Order of Hoeth does not officially recognize her title and many Priests claim her to be a charlatan. Why should Hoeth bless a peasant girl of lowly birth with his great powers? Why should she become his vessel when they have devoted their whole lives to his service?
    They also fear the power she wields over the peasant folk, who love and adore the priestess for her selfless service and ability to heal all their wounds, and jealously covet her incredible holy powers of light and healing.

Even now, as the darkness rises and surrounds them, they stubornly refuse to acknowledge her powers..."

BALANCE
    - The HP gem has been removed from the Gem dealer, if you need HP gen the Strength Gem.
    - Increased the upgrade dmg of level 2 zombies.
    - Bram the Bears hp regeneration has decreased from 8.00 to 0.50
    - Amount of damage reflected back onto attackers from Northern Bear Arua has been reduced from 5 to 3.
    - Mordic Gold bounty reduced from 5 to 4.
    - Death coil deals increased damage.
    - Vampyr Knights deal increased damage and have increased hp.
    - Guild Sentinels can only attack enemies and not be used to anonymously kill your teamates.
    - Bone Witches deal more damage.
    - The Mordicant Boss encounter now traps players within that area so they cant retreat.
    - Boomers now damage nearby zombies as well when they explode, so you cna use them tactically to kill enemy zombie groups.
    - More zombies spawn near the Mage Guild on the northside.
    - Triggering the Fel Bat bonus boss also spawns a swarm of Vampire Bats.
    - The Frostguard Keep Chapter only begins when Priestess walks close to the Archbishop, this allows her some time to shop before triggering the final chapter.
    - Life Regeneration aura on Staff of Life is no longer percentage based.

BUG AND ABUSE FIXES:
    - Removed 25 food from the spawn limit at The Prime Vampyr Bride battle.
    - Added another reminder for all zombies in church to attack priestess location at start.
    - Priestess's Light Manifest has the correct hotkey.
    - AI Players no longer gain experience from kills.
    - Fixed Bug with Crossroads Village Cinematic.

GRAPHICS
    - Added a Shield effect for Arcane Generator.
    - New roof texture for Towers
    - New improved terrain textures for Village Fall tileset.
    - Soldiers brought from the Archibishop hae now been renamed and faction info provided.
    - Fletcher vendor has a new texture skin.
    • Like Like x 6
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  2. Excalibur

Excalibur

Bless you can fix this serious bug as soon as possible.
  3. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Who can fix what?
    Marsh can't fix what Blizzard broke lol.
  4. Marshmalo

Yes as sunstrider says I cant fix it, Blizzard has released a patch which breaks alot of custom agmes. I'm hoping they fix it soon!

If your using your own chinese 3rd party client you should be ok though as long as you dont patch to the official 1.30 version :-)
  5. LALAGOODWIN

LALAGOODWIN

We work without problems. In Korea, it still uses 1.285 ver.

but the Korean translators team quit. So Evil Awakened is no longer updated.

In English ver, Korean people do not play games.

In other words, it fell.~~~~~~
  6. LALAGOODWIN

LALAGOODWIN

I've played the new version.

In general, it has become more difficult than before.

Now the difficulty is enough. Now I think the game has got some balance.

However, the viola is still very easy.

It is much easier than the boss in the Blackthicket Village
  7. LALAGOODWIN

LALAGOODWIN

We have now completed the Hell Mode. (from kor)

But one thing is certain

It's much harder than the previous version (it's harder than the hell mode).
  8. Marshmalo

Wow your really dedicated, I havnt been able to get past the new Blackthicket Village yet as its so hard! But then it dosnt help that people keep crashing now thanks to 1.30 warcraft patch...
  9. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong "I AM MAL'GANIS! I AM ET... oh a butterfly"

I can report fairly big translation errors on the EU version of 1.29 with this update and the previous, basically 90% of all subtitles are and cutscene text is gone and most tooltips are either gone or in brail. Still really fun tho!
  10. Marshmalo

What language are you using on yoru wc3 installation? Any custom text in maps should appear as they are written (in english) unless your using a language which dosnt support european characters. But its unlikely I can actually do anything about this anyway, I write my maps in english, thats all I can do.

Anyway thanks for playing and glad you enjoyed :-)