1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZR Evil Awakened Edition

Discussion in 'Rise of the Vampyr & Evil Awakened' started by Marshmalo, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Zombie Rising - Evil Awakened
    New Major Update
    New Monster Preview.PNG
    NAME CHANGE: Map now has a more original and less generic name: Zombie Rising - Evil Awakened

Also known as "Zombie Rising EA"

DL LINK: https://www.epicwar.com/maps/283355/

SUMMARY: This major patch includes many changes and improvements, but most notably there is a new area: The Zanzabir Mage Guild. As you can imagine this is the Guild the Zanzabir mage character once belonged to, before it was ravaged by the Vampyr Prince. Upon entering the guild you will see the fallen bodies of his fellow brother mages, but perhaps you will succeed where the mages failed...

Before they were slaughtered the mages were working on a powerful spell to combat the undead, they were fine tuning their Arcane Generator to slow and weaken any nearby undead, and with enough power, use it to unleesh a spell to purge all undead within the guild and surrounding land.

In order to survive this encounter you must complete their spell by channeling power to the Arcane generator, it will slow and weaken any undead that attack. You and your companions must keep the Arcane Generator powered for 3 minutes it complete the spell.

If the generator runs out of power its protective shield will vanish and the spell will pause. The longer you take the stronger the demons and undead become, if you allow the Arcane Generator to be destroyed before the spell is complete you have failed and will be slaughtered just like the Mages were.

ZANZABIR MAGE GUILD LORE EXPANDED:
    da6d087c068ce2527ff0485d783de8b0.jpg

LORE: “The Zanzabir Mages have dedicated their lives to the study of the stars and havens, but in their fervor for arcane knowledge they failed to see the earthlier omens of danger around them. Behind their Guild walls, the mages did not notice as the forests around them slowly died and did not heed the warnings and ominous portents which heralded the second rise of the Vampyr Lord.

As the undead host pushed against the Guild Hall gates, the mages conceived a desperate plan...

They began to channel their power into a central arcane crystal, pouring vast amounts of energy into the crystal and fine tuning it to weaken any nearby undead. They intended to cause a cataclysmic explosion of arcane power that would purge the whole area of undead and demonkin while leaving all living life forms intact.

But in their haste they never completed the spell, the Vampyr Prince sensed the buildup of power and marched upon the guild himself, slaughtering all the mages where they stood. Only one mage survived that terrible day…

By chance his path crossed with The Priestess, and sensing his part in the greater plan, he vowed to protect her and claim vengeance for his fallen brothers.”

ZR Logo Small.png

NEW CONTENT
    - New encounter area : The Zanzabir Mages Guild (see above for details).
    - There is a trap at the ruined village west of Crossroads Village, triggering this will spawn a bonus boss: The Monstrous Fel Bat.
    - When the mage casts Astral Teleport it now also replenishes his health.
    - Mages Astral Encumberance has been replaced with Encumbering Rune.
    - The Mages Relic item. the Celestial Lens, now also grants sight of all his allies, allowing the mage to teleport to them as well as the Priestess.
    - Sister Archer will now longer trigger traps when in stealth mode.
    - Fallen hero graves now flash with holy light when Priestess comes near, making it easier to see them.

LORE: Lore and names have been updated to mesh better with the story from ROTV:
    - Refernces to Warhammer lore have been replaced with custom lore.
    - Each hero has info which provides the faction they belong to
    - Rifleman Captain's title changed to Guildmaster and lore updated.
    - Some spell names and icons have been changed.

GRAPHIC AND SOUND
    - Many new improved doodad models have been added.
    - Game uses improved HQ terrain textures.
    - Game plays a new music clip when a major boss is defeated.
    - Some new skins, models and effects.

BALANCE AND BUG FIXES
    - Lots of balance and bug fixes
    - In general the map has been made harder, especially end battle.
    - Mages Empowered Golem can no longer be abused, it is now timed so Mage cannot gain infinate amount of golems.

SCREENSHOTS
    - Mage Guild Hall
    Awakened Evil Screenshot 2.JPG

- Mage Guild Enterance
    Awakened Evil Screenshot 3.JPG

- Improved Graphics vs old
    OLD:
    ZR Screen 4.JPG NEW:
    Awakened Evil Screenshot 1.JPG
    • Like Like x 17
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  2. ZeroFlotsie

ZeroFlotsie Lord of Hate Shaman Legendary Donator

Where do we pay for DLC? :-)
    Genuinely impressed once again, so glad you are still around @Marshmalo!!!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Excalibur

Excalibur

Amazing.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

So now both ROTV and Zombie Rising - Electronic Arts are at the same version number: 1.36? :p cool coincidence.
  5. Excalibur

Excalibur

OK.I think we can modify UI,to make the map more beautiful.
    The original UI of WC3 obviously does not apply.
    Q`AA6{(){Q28{TTL(A5I_18.png
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Marshmalo

lol thanks! Yes I am still around though when I'm working on a project I get tunnel vision and tend to go abit quiet but I am usually around.

Oh i hadnt noticed about the EA thing, hope I dont get sued :D

Wow! Well it's a completely different map to this and off topic but that UI does look really good with Planetary Domination, though that game isnt very good and I gave up on it because its basically like a bad version of Starcraft 2 :(
  7. Excalibur

Excalibur

Maybe a new UI can make ZR look fresh.:D
  8. Marshmalo

9. Yousef

Yousef Paladin of the Alliance Brigand Map Maker

• This This x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. ilusioner

ilusioner Cause things shall proceed as foreseen Map Maker

Sounds good, will organise a game for this, very nice work Marsh, keep it up!